30 Rock

Christmas Attack Zone

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Dec 09, 2010 on NBC

• Now this is what I'm talking about!

After a few episodes that left me feeling completely high and dry, this felt like a true return to the 30 Rock that I've grown to love over the last three or four years. Christmas episodes tend to bring the best out of shows and give them a new found energy, and that's exactly what I felt here.

It definitely didn't hurt to bring back Jack's parents. Colleen is always a hilarious addition to the show and an example of an awful yet hilarious mother. And I was surprised (pleasantly!) to see Alan Alda make a return as Milton. He hasn't been seen since the Season 3 finale and I'm glad the writers didn't completely forget about him. And he brings a weird sort of humor to the show.. he's not outright funny, but the things he says and the way he delivers the lines brings the laughs.

And I have to say, I really like what they're doing with Tracy this year. Him trying to act serious to win a Golden Globe is ridiculous (we all know how Tracy is) but it leads to some hilarious scenes, and the reference to Ludachristmas was great as well.

Overall, a great episode of 30 Rock.