30 Rock

Fireworks

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 05, 2007 on NBC

• the last great episode of S1

Jack and Kenneth work together when Jack discovers that another NBC executive is after his job. Meanwhile, Pete and Liz adjust to life as roommates, and Tracy learns he's a descendant of Thomas Jefferson. This episode was probably the last great episode of the first season of 30 Rock. Will Arnett of Arrested Development really made this episode what it was he was very, very funny. The final part with the fireworks was hilarous, It looked so real with the fire works did they actually do that? All inn all I give this eoisoide of 30 rock a 9.5 out of 10.
  • "Jefferson – coming Christmas 2008" (whoops-wrong episode...)

I love this show. that being said, I'm not liking what's happening to Doneghy. I like the fact that he's the iconic uber-upper management perfectionist. Seeing him lose the Microwave division and slowing sinking into a downward spiral is sad. I would like to see him exact some of that famous Irish-revenge...

I really hope this show succeeds.
  • But in a VERY good way. I had surgery 9 days ago. I have 5 incisions and they are all aching now. I was wise to wait to watch this epsiode knowing I always laugh out loud at 30 Rock and that laughing hurts me a bit these days.

From the beginning. The hot dog vendor commenting on Lemon's crush going into a church and Lemon mocking the way Jack and Devon would have a threatening whispered talking contest right to the look on everyone's face as they watch the fireworks surrounding Rockefeller Centre this episode has it all and then some.

Every show surprises me with how originally hilarious these writers are.

This one hurt me and it was so worth it! Kenneth was fabulous again. He's so innocently powerful in his job as page you just want to spoon feed him.

But as the show progressed and the plot thickened with Jack and Devon what made it more brilliant was the way their voices got lower and lower as they became more devious.

Its the little details as much as the big ones. Like the clothing issues Lemon was having with Pete. The writing entwines all of these little quirks of each character into a smooth ride that has me anxious to get the entire season on DVD the day it will come out. This episode as much as all the others is the reason why.
  • Not my favorite but still funny.

30 Rock,
    30 Rock returns after along time off with a 40 minute episode v.s. the usual 30 minute episode.Although the episode was extended 10 minutes i felt that the show was a bit to faced pase more then usual.To start off Liz starts sharring her apartment with her fellow coworker.For some strange reason i never looked/carred to find out about.She pretends to be a alcohlic{mind my spelling}so she can spend time with her lover in a step by step class.Just to find out that it is against code rules to date somebody in the group.In the end she changes her mind and like any other love triangle the make up.Next Tracy has a DNA test to prove that he is not the father to a certain child after being claimed to be it by some strange lady.To me this sounded a bit to redown from somewhere else. But he learns that he is a realitive to the third presidant Thomas Jeffereson.Next Jack gets Kenneth to hang around and desrtact the gay corruptive who wants to get Jack's job.A bit to much seen during those sceens.In the end Jack's idea for fireworks to display what NBC is all is about is approved.Sadley it is shown infront of the Rockofeller building.And with not that many knowing about the fireworks even things go very wrong when the building looks like it is being attacked.All in all a very funny episode and great way to start after a short break.But alittle more fast pace.
MNT