30 Rock

Fireworks

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 05, 2007 on NBC

• But in a VERY good way. I had surgery 9 days ago. I have 5 incisions and they are all aching now. I was wise to wait to watch this epsiode knowing I always laugh out loud at 30 Rock and that laughing hurts me a bit these days.

From the beginning. The hot dog vendor commenting on Lemon's crush going into a church and Lemon mocking the way Jack and Devon would have a threatening whispered talking contest right to the look on everyone's face as they watch the fireworks surrounding Rockefeller Centre this episode has it all and then some.

Every show surprises me with how originally hilarious these writers are.

This one hurt me and it was so worth it! Kenneth was fabulous again. He's so innocently powerful in his job as page you just want to spoon feed him.

But as the show progressed and the plot thickened with Jack and Devon what made it more brilliant was the way their voices got lower and lower as they became more devious.

Its the little details as much as the big ones. Like the clothing issues Lemon was having with Pete. The writing entwines all of these little quirks of each character into a smooth ride that has me anxious to get the entire season on DVD the day it will come out. This episode as much as all the others is the reason why.