TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

30 Rock Forums

NBC (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread - "Seinfeld Vision"

WBer89

[1]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 54
    Please discuss the episode here. Any other threads about the episode will be closed or deleted. Thanks!
    Edited on 10/07/2007 7:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jaydawg2089

[2]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 10
    WHOO-HOO!!! SEASON PREMIERE EPISODE TONIGHT!!!

Squizz44

[3]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 13

Can't wait!

Today's edition of USA Today has a nice story about Jerry Seinfeld's involvement in the episode and what the Emmy win could mean for the show. You can read it here.

Also, Zap2It has posted a nice article about the show, featuring a little Q&A with Jane Krakowski (Jenna) and Jack McBrayer (Kenneth). They discuss their summers, the Emmy win, working with Seinfeld, their favorite scenes, and breaking character during filming. Good stuff...check it out here.

This episode is also #1 on Zap2It's "TV Best Bets" for tonight and USA Today's "Critic's Corner."

Last night, Alec Baldwin appeared on Letterman and Tina Fey appeared on Conan. Both were quite funny, and Tina looked amazing.

Hopefully all of this publicity, coupled with the Seinfeld cameo and the Emmy win, will result in a boost in ratings!

Edited on 10/04/2007 1:19pm

Water78

[4]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 47

Ok do you think Jerry's role actually did much for the episode? Although it was funny to see him "computerized onto those shows.

tvloverduh

[5]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 22
    awesome episode!

Squizz44

[6]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 13

I've never been much of a Seinfeld fan, and I must say that I was rather underwhelmed by his involvement. He had a few funny lines, but mostly, he was just there to give Jack an interesting story...which is fine for those of us who already watch the show. But I think that most folks who tuned in solely due to Jerry's involvement will be disappointed.

Overall, it was just a decent episode. Not great, not bad...just kinda good. The best line was right at the beginning, with Jack mentioning "America's Top Pirate" and "MILF Island" as his successful summer shows. Liz being "something old" was pretty funny too. Also enjoyed Kenneth's response to Tracy's "proposal." YES! YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

I wasn't disappointed, but I can see how new viewers might've been...and that's what worries me.

Jaydawg2089

[7]Oct 5, 2007
    I see what you mean Squizz. I kinda feel like this is a lot like the pilot episode. It needed to be excellent to keep people around, and it just wasn't that. It was still really funny, and it was ten times better than the pilot, so maybe we'll add another dozen for Tina.

And Jerry Seinfeld was playing himself, not one of 30 Rock's signature wacky characters. He was playing a regular Joe. I wasn't disappointed by his involvement. But I'm not really a Seinfeld fan to begin, so I wasn't expecting anything, I guess.

Good things? Kenneth geeking every single second he saw Jerry. Hilarious! Jerry's digital inserts were great too. The writer's room reaction to Liz in a dress was the best. And maybe this was just me, but the way Jenna said "Broadway" like it was two words "Broad Way" really made me laugh. So simple, but effective.

bobonodod

[8]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    The advertising for this episode pushed the fact that Jerry was coming back way to hard.It was really a big let down. I expected him to bea liittle looser.Jerry on MILF Island was kinda funny though. I don't think it was Jerry that was funny though. It was more the concept of MILF Island. I would check that show out if it were on, especially if one of the moms turned out to be a prostitute.

tvandrew

[9]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 1
    A very funny episode with one major flaw ... Seinfeld just wasn't funny. Does anyone agree? He was an anchor dragging down each scene he was in (and I'm a fan of him and his show!). Heavy Jenna, Liz in a wedding dress, Tracy and Kenneth, Jack's anxiety ... pure gold! Seinfeld seemed out of place and/or out of his league in this episode.

combatjammer

[10]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 9
    I'm sorry, but was he cast as a guest star or an extra? Cos I honestly didn't think he's that funny too. All he did was to promote his movie and make Alec Baldwin funny. Maybe that was his role...

domino87

[11]Oct 7, 2007
    I had never seen an episode before the 2nd season premier, but I have seen every single Seinfeld episode, so thats why I tuned in. I thought it was a really funny show and Ive started watching S1 on netflix because of it. I'm now in love with Tina Fey, and I think Jack Donaghy is a great character.

Jaydawg2089

[12]Oct 9, 2007
    ALRIGHT!!! WE'VE GOT ANOTHER FAN!!! WHOO-HOO!!!

mackula

[13]Oct 9, 2007
    • level: 6

I thought it was great!

HelloStuart

[14]Oct 9, 2007
    • level: 63
    I thought it was a strong way to start the new season, even if Seinfeld was making an overglorified cameo.

BwayJ

[15]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 8
    I thought it was funny during Seinfeld and Jack's little bidding war when Seinfeld turned to the camera to point out Bee Movie opens on November 2.

typhoon_2099

[16]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 3
    You've got to love the breaking-the-fourth-wall moments.

I loved the line about the secret country in europe that only rich people know about. When Jack asks "Svenborgia?" and Jerry just laughs back "No, better. But I can't tell you". I laughed so loud there.

Gotta love 30 Rock!