30 Rock Forums

NBC (ended 2013)

Voices and fequencies

ashman2

[1]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 24

I'm sorry to say Ionly got into this show a couple of weeks ago when a friend bought methe season 1 boxset. I finished it and received the season 2 boxset in the mail this morning. Is it me or do the people sound slightly different in the second season from the first season? Liz seems to sound a little like CJ from The West Wing and all the others sound a little deeper. I looked on youtube for clips from season 2 and 3 and they seem to continue sounding in this new manner. Did/has anyone else notice/d a slight change in voice frequency, because myfriend noticed the change as well, so we're trying to work out if it was an intentional change on their part, or if there is something wrong with the DVD. It's nothing huge, but each character, even Kenneth, sounds different from the first season.

Thanks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 63
    I didn't notice any difference. Maybe the issue is your speakers?

ashman2

[3]Jul 13, 2010
    • level: 24

I decided to play episodes from later on on that disc, and then others from the other disc and they all seem fine. But it certainly sounds like there is an 'evolution' of sortsin some of their voices in the first three episodes. Don't worry about it, thanks for the help.

Samp1

[4]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 1

You are Definately right - I have noticed the same thing! Why would they change the voice frequency or speed? Very strange! Only Tracey Jordan hasn't been altered.