30 Rock Forums

NBC (ended 2013)

Will Alec Baldwins horrendous verbal assault on his daughter kill 30 Rock?

Will Alec Baldwins outburst kill 30 Rock?

SoylentYellow

[1]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 21

At least Rosie ODonnell took some of the heat off him. Now thats the person Alec should be calling a fat pig.

Edited on 04/25/2007 8:28pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 63
    The conversation between Alec and Ireland has nothing to do with 30 Rock. This is his problem.

JanLevinsonScot

[3]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 4
    according to an article on people.com, alec has asked 30 rock to release him from his contract, as he doesnt want the show to be viewed negatively because of him. But I think that without alec, there is no 30 rock. I still think this will blow over and 30 ROck's ratings will go up! we'll see how the finale tonight takes...

HelloStuart

[4]Apr 26, 2007
    JanLevinsonScot wrote:
    according to an article on people.com, alec has asked 30 rock to release him from his contract, as he doesnt want the show to be viewed negatively because of him. But I think that without alec, there is no 30 Rock. I still think this will blow over and 30 Rock's ratings will go up! we'll see how the finale tonight takes...

It's all rumors. Baldwin's not going anywhere. Some of the stuff Tracy Morgan has pulled (two more DUIs and gets a free toaster) was probably just as bad for PR as Alec's phone chat.

JmahaK

[5]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 7

He did ask to be let out of his contract but NBC said no. 

I actually think that was dumb of him to ask.  It is his problem not 30 Rock's.  Just keep being funny and it will blow over. 

Jaydawg2089

[6]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 10
    This entire Alec Baldwin "scandal" will be completely forgotten come another couple weeks. I don't understand why it is such a giant deal to begin with. True, he shouldn't have ranted at his daughter like that, but it happens. Sometimes it just happens. And it happens to every one, not just Alec Baldwin. If anything, Kim Basinger is taking advantage of the situation with the whole "security" thing. What is that? There have been no reports of child abuse from Alec Baldwin, and the entire thing should have never been news to begin with.

Yecats17

[7]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    I couldn't agree more Jaydawd, everything you said was spot on.

jammerpearl

[8]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 7
    yes he made a mistake but honestly we have all said mean things to people in our lives we wished we hadnt afterwards! plus honestly my father and mother have lost there cool with me and i dont hate them! trust me im not saying he was right but he shouldnt be killed for it! and whoever released the message is just as guilty

HelloStuart

[9]Apr 26, 2007

POST #15,400!

Yecats17 wrote:
    I couldn't agree more Jaydawg, everything you said was spot on.
    I couldn't agree more, either. Basinger's just trying to play the rest of her cards.

Edited on 04/26/2007 7:08pm

AndyCdn

[10]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 4

Alec appeared today on The View to discuss this matter. It was the only interview he agreed to because he trusts the hosts. In my view, he was very candid and Barbara and Rosie let him say everything he wanted to. Three points come to the fore.

For some time, Alec has been writing a book an alienated parents. It is apparent that this is a way of dealing with his own situation and also providing an information and pathway for people who find themselves in similar circumstances. The legal maze that surrounds him and cruelly separates him from his daughter is intolerable, and he knows there are many like him.

He readily admits that his behaviour was wrong. Appalling, inappropriate, etc. His explanation was that he was very angry in the moment and took it out on the wrong person. He is deeply sorry; she (Ireland) has apparently forgiven him.

He has asked to be released from his 30 Rock contract; this is still in discussion. He said he would be comfortable if he never acted again (what a loss for us!) and would focus on finishing his book and promoting it (not just for sales, but for the helping part). His strong sense of family (his mother is an icon for him) is helping him weather this storm.

I respect this man: for his talent, for his intelligence, for his spiritual integrity. He said he couldn't care less if he never acted again. Perhaps taking a few years to do something entirely different would be a good thing for him right now; and in 5-10 years we might see him return to the screen (or stage). He still has much to give and we the viewers would be richer for his continuing contribution however he sees it. Personally, I wish him the best.

Musicals101

[11]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 6
    It wasn't a "horrendous verbal assault", your parents have never screamed things at you? Not every moment of parenting is perfect, just leave the guy alone. The media should never have played the call and I do think that Kim had something to do with it "leaking". How slow is news that a parent yelling at their kid makes headlines for weeks? At least we're over Anna Nicole Smith with something far more important.  And no, it's not going to affect 30 Rock, which won't be on the air again for another 4 months. No one will even remember this by then.

Water78

[12]May 8, 2007
    • level: 47
    PLuto what. I think it might help bring more viewers in to see how he acts. or to see if he will do anything else that might hurt his career not cause by Will Ferrell and Dora o his wife i guess.

HelloStuart

[13]May 8, 2007
    Water78 wrote:
    Pluto what. I think it might help bring more viewers in to see how he acts. or to see if he will do anything else that might hurt his career not cause by Will Ferrell and Dora or his wife i guess.

Who's Dora?

Water78

[14]May 9, 2007
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    Pluto what. I think it might help bring more viewers in to see how he acts. or to see if he will do anything else that might hurt his career not cause by Will Ferrell and Dora or his wife i guess.

Who's Dora?

Dora the explorer. The short video,

Water78

[15]May 9, 2007
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

Who's Dora?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t4no6SKjjA

HelloStuart

[16]May 9, 2007
    Water78 wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

Who's Dora?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t4no6SKjjA

Linked it!

I had not seen that audio mash-up until now. It's very amusing for all the wrong reasons.