30 Rock

Mamma Mia

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 07, 2009 on NBC

• Above average.

This episode felt reminiscent of Seasons 1-2 when the show was fresh, the jokes were all connecting and the series was racking in Emmys. This episode restored my faith in 30 Rock doing the impossible and garnering a third consecutive Outstanding Comedy Series Emmy. It was not a series classic by any stretch of the imagination, but it had the right amount of snappy one-liners and guest stars to justify a high rating. Where do I begin?

Steve Buscemi popping up again was excellent and hopefully we see more of him next year. There's so much they can do with the character, but I think minimizing him to a few lines every now and then is the best way to prevent burn-out (see Dr. Spaceman). Alan Alda's TV return was enjoyable as well, and the twist at the end was certainly something I did not see coming. I wonder if this becomes a recurring theme as Jack ended Season 1 on a hospital bed as well.

And all of Tracy's lines were just so outlandish and racist that you had to laugh.

If only they would get rid of Lutz then the show would be amazing right now. I do not know anybody that finds that man funny in the least.