30 Rock

MILF Island

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 10, 2008 on NBC

• This is a fine example of how witty are usually the screenplays of "30 Rock". I liked this episode very much because it shows a particular theory I have about reality progams which is that they take off the worst things of people.

All the crew of the program is gathered to watch the final program of the "MILF Island", a kind of "Survivor" program with some bautiful and wild motehrs as a contestants. They even have their children in the island so in my opinion the 23 minutes are a social critic. What happens with the characters of the series can be compared with what happens on that island because in the reality the contestants are ready to do whatever they have to win and so do the characters of "30 Rock" to prove they haven't said a bad thing about Jack. They argue between each other, lie to each other and even Liz Lemon has the same ideas as the woman who is going to win the reality show (the escene in Jack's office where Liz says the same as the woman who is on the Tv scree is simply is wonderful).

So, my theory that this kind of programs, reality shows, take off the worst things of people is demonstrated here. Liz Lemon is a clear example of that in this great episode.