30 Rock

Reaganing

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 21, 2010 on NBC

• Kelsey Grammar guest-stars and Jack attempts to become a Reagener.

This was yet another solid episode of 30 Rock, one that proves the show may still have a chance to pull off another Emmy win before it ends. I think it'll all come down to Modern Family and 30 Rock, although there are other great comedies on TV right now. While I'm completely open to either one winning at this point, I think 30 Rock has done a lot more to improve upon any mistakes they made last season. This was typical classic 30 Rock, with great writing, hilarious flashbacks and random guest-stars who add rather than detract to the show.

Jack is in the process of "Reaganing," which is basically doing everything right over the course of a work-day. He's pitched numerous shows to NBC, including a reality show about people flying in a plane learning that their plane is being flown by a six-year old. However, his perfect game of accomplishing things is threatened by Liz Lemon, who claims she needs a ride to the airport to meet Carol to break up with him. Therefore, Jack is presented with his biggest challenge yet: help Liz Lemon with her sex life.

As a result, we get a montage of hilarious scenes from the past involving Liz's fear of sex and some new scenes of what caused this fear (it involves roller skates, underwear and Tom Jones). Meanwhile, the two side plots ended up being pretty interesting, with Tracy filming a commercial for the Boys and Girls club and being is normal ridiculous self, while Jenna and Kenneth start in a plot that begins stupidly and winds up being hilarious after Kelsey Grammar gets involved ("Yes, I'd like a cake that says 'Frajer 2010 Reunion')

There was just a lot of great lines here, and it's definitely a hilarious episode that deserves to be seen.