30 Rock

Rosemary's Baby

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 25, 2007 on NBC

• Liz meets her idol, but she turns out to be something else than Liz thought she was.

I though it was a good storyline – many people have experienced idolizing a person just to later learn that they weren't as they imagined. Liz is the ultimate rambling fan when she first meets Rosemary, and ends up inviting her to be a guest writer on the show. However, Rosemary turns out to be a bit too radical for NBC, and Jack orders Liz to fire her. Liz stands up to him and refuses. He fires her too but it doesn't seem to bother her. Not until she sees what Rosemary's life is really like. It was a nice wake-up call for Liz, and I liked the scene where she realizes that she doesn't want to be Rosemary after all. The final scene between Liz and Jack was very good and filled with punch lines. A part from that, Jack acting out Tracy's family was a really fun moment, which made me laugh. I didn't think the plot of Jenna running Kenneth's page jacket was that bad either, but it was a bit random when all of the pages were in the basement chanting and acting crazy.