30 Rock

Season 4

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 15, 2009 on NBC

• Jack wants a new cast member for TGS, the pages go on strike, Jenna goes western and Tracey tries to get back to his roots.

I am a big fan of 30 Rock and I was dying to see how season 4 would kick things off. And I am happy to say that I was not disappointed with laughs a plenty and god contributions from most of the main cast.

This week TGS needs to be changed in light of the financial crisis and Jack thinks a new cast member is the way to go. He feels that Jenna and Tracey have lost touch with middle america and no one seems to even remember Josh at all. This leads to Liz and Pete going off to comedy clubs to find possible new cast members. They try and keep it a secret knowing that the actors will freak out at the suggestion of a new cast member. But this has its own problem with the writers thinking that Pete and Liz are having an affair.

Meanwhile, Kenneth is upset with Jack as he can no longer work over 16 hours a day but he does everyday. Ken isn't worried about the money he is just worried about lying on a pay sheet saying he worked less than 16 hours. Jack tells him that NBC don't have the money to pay the pages overtime and Kenneth accepts this. That is until he accidently gets Jack's bonus check and realizes that there is heaps of money that could be spent on the pages' overtime rates. Ken plans a strike that starts small but becomes a huge issue for Jack.

Meanwhile to save TGS Jenna decides to record a western album to relate to middle america, while Tracey goes to the streets to return to his roots. Tracey has become so rich and for so long that he can't seem to relate to common people.

This was hilarious with some truely laugh out loud moments. And the return of Steve Buscemi's private eye is always a pleasure. This is a great start to the season, this is another staple of my TV diet and I can't wait for my next serve of 30 Rock!