30 Rock

Subway Hero

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 17, 2008 on NBC

• Liz's old boyfriend, Dennis is back, Jack is trying to find the face of the Republican party and Kenneth escorts around an old-time television star.

I love this show! It gets funnier and funnier every week that I watch. In this episode, Liz Lemon's loser ex-boyfriend, Dennis, comes back as the Subway Hero. Of course all of the networks want Dennis "The Subway Hero's" story and Jack edged Liz into getting him because she had an in. When she found out it was Dennis, she was so upset. She told Jenna that she didn't know what to do and Jenna actually gave her good advice and told her to walk away. Liz described Dennis's love as cold and numbing and you just can't wake up from it and Jenna told her she described the symptons of frostbite! Meanwhile, Jack was going all around trying to find someone who wanted to be the face of the GOP but had no luck (Kenneth told him that choosing was a sin so he always writes in the Lord's name) and he finally gets to Tracy who tells him hell no but after a dream because he was electrocuted by the CD player when he inserted a metal object! Well Tracy dreams off as himself and talks to Richard Nixon, played by Jack, and Tracy realized that he had to support the Republican party. When he awoke, he ran and told Jack that he would, but could't find a way to get through to African Americans, so of course Jack and Tracy made an ad that told African Americans not to vote! Hilarious for so many reasons, but the fact the Alec Baldwin's Jack Doneghy was a hard core republican is a far cry from his real life liberal views. My other favorite and the end was when Liz went into Jack's office and told him that she wasn't comfortable with covering Dennis as the Subway Hero and Jack told her not to worry, that he decided to go with the 911 bird. The bird dialed 911 and yelled "fire" only because he didn't know the word for "rape"! Classic show. Liz was touched, asked Jack if it had anything to do with her feelings and Jack said why of course because all of my decisions are based on how you feel and what you want. And I loved her response that the pocket deep-fryer would be a huge seller! It really would! I loved this episode, did I say that enough? And at the end, Liz confronts Dennis on saying he is a loser and will always be a loser and he even tries to push her on the Subway track to try and become another Subway Hero. Thankfully, the train switched tracks. Liz runs away with Dennis yelling that she would be back. BLURG!

Great great show. I hope Tina Fey wins the Best Actress Golden Globe, Emmy and Alec Baldwin the same for Actor and the show better win best comedy because even though I am a huge fan of The Office, I cannot believe how many times this show makes me fall on the floor laughing!!