30 Rock

The Problem Solvers

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 12, 2009 on NBC

• Liz gets a talk show..

This was actually a pretty entertaining episode. Aside from taking a jab at most dramatic romance movies, the producers were able to rope in the hot Padma Lakshmi to do a cameo.

The actor who plays the new actor Danny simply can't act. I mean for most part he was reading lines in front of the camera, and his eyes looked weird. Alec Baldwin delivered one heck of a performance today. I was just seeing some of his scenes from Departed and I just got reminded of how brilliant he is. Tina Fey also did her job justifying the burden of being the funniest lady on TV.

Great episode.
  • Funny.

I am predicting that it comes down to Curb Your Enthusiasm vs. 30 Rock for the Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series this year. One show is having arguably its best season ever whereas the other is struggling with probably its weakest season yet.

Still, 30 Rock is the king of observational comedy, capturing the struggles of lives of celebrities, and daily people as well. Even though every character on the show is exaggerated, we all know a Lutz, a Jenna and a Liz and that makes the show more real.

So how would I improve this show to get it back to that elite status it once had? More Tracy zany behavior, more Jack being an arrogant corporate jerk (he was great in the role tonight) and actually give Liz the talk show. We've come to accept that TGS is just a backdrop now, so why not change things up with a new show within a show.
  • A great episode.

I only started watching this show every week this season, previously I have only seen the odd episode, and I have to say this show is absolutely hilarious but that's a given with Tina Fey at the helm.

I am a huge fan of Tina Fey and she is the main reason for me watching this show, her sense of humour is just brilliant.

Jenna and Tracy make a fantastic pair, I find Tracy funnier when he's bouncing off Jenna. Jenna on the other hand can stand on her own really well, I think it's the fantastic lines combined with that voice ... they just gel! The episode was fantastic and I am excited for the rest of the season.

Keep it up!