$40 a Day

Coos Bay

Aired Friday 9:00 PM May 13, 2005 on Food Network

6.9
  • Man did you guys make me miss the coast. I am thrilled that Coos Bay is still thriving with so many things still to see and do. I had no idea that my little home town has grown up!

Thank God for reruns! This episode showed me all of the things that I liked about growing up in Coos Bay. We used to go to Charleston and the beach all the time. Many memories of clamming, crabbing and treasure hunting came rushing back. Thank you for airing this again and reminding me that Coos Bay has a lot going on and has become an oldie but a goodie like me! Now maybe I can get my husband out there!

The Sea Lions are ust as adorable as they were when I was a kid. I'm glad the Cranberry Bogs are thriving. I would encourage anyone to go exprience this first hand. Dont forget to pick some Salmon Berries and get some real Salt Water Taffy! Another local favorite...at least it was!

Who knew I could get Swarhma's in little ole Coos Bay! I had to go all the way to Bahrain and Dubai for them but the Navy took me there so it was free! I am so excited that the variety of food has become so diverse. Guess I need to go back, at least for a week!