$40 a Day

Food Network (ended 2005)

$40 a Day Fan Reviews (16)

• TRIED AND SEE WITH AN OPEN MIND AND EARS!

I SIMPLY LOVE $40 A DAY FOR SHE GIVES GREAT TIPS WHETHER FOR A LARGE FAMILY, GROUP OR JUST FOR YOURSELF. I USED HER IDEAS ALL THE TIME AND THEY REALLY WORK.
  • This show is vry awsome and helpful.

This show is very awsome, we love rachel. And the places she goes are awsome. But the show is actually helpful. Forty dollars is actually cheap to eat on per day, it usually comes out to 50 or 60 dollars without rachels help.

But Rachel knows some of those restruants foods are nasty, and we can tell just pay attention.
  • You can try and stay away but Ray is finding the good deals..

Fun show to just sit back and enjoy. While I personally can't afford to travel all over the place checking out different places to eat at least I can sit back and watch someone as attractive as Rachael do it and enjoy herself. Her commentary is funny and the little jokes here and there make it a great show to watch anytime.
  • $40 a day is a program which features Rachael Ray as she travels to different cities and countries while trying to eat three meals and maybe a snak for all under $40.

$40 a dayis a unique show and is very different than most programs on the Food Network. It is informative while being entertaining at the same time. Rachael Ray is a great host. She brings life to the show and does a great job presenting local attractions as well as the food. Any restaurant can be seen in this program, anything from local favorites to top notch diners. While you are being told of the food in that specific area, you also learn about the history and culture of that area. $40 a day is not only a great cooking show, but an awesome travel show as well.
  • $40 a day is travel show by Rachael Ray where she takes us to fun and exciting places in the country where there is good food and attractions.

$40 a day is a good show because Rachael Ray puts semi-interesting feed into the show where we get to see some of the most intriguing places in the United States and Europe. She goes to all types of restaurants where she must watch her budget of $40. She has to eat three meals with only the $40 dollars in order to obey by the rules. She also gives tips on how to enjoy the most gourmet food without having an economic crisis. Sometimes the show can get repetitive, but most of the time it is fun to watch. It seems that she really enjoys it.
  • One person eats on $40 dollars a day. Throw in a family and you are up to over $100 a day. Some show.

I'm glad this show is gone. Rachael Ray is a fantastic woman but the preimse of the show was misleading. She could lead us to $5 dollar drinks and $8 dollar plates and round out her day just under her budget of $40 but she didn't tip well the waitresses and if you are travelling with more than one or two other people these prices soar. It's unlikely that a the premise of this show meant anything other to the producers. The locals were kewl, the people she met a long the way were neat but I just couldn't understand this show as hard as I tried.
  • I have seen some episodes and for some reason, I like it!

$40 a Day is a show where Rachel Ray goes to various places and just eats delicious food and participates in activities exclusive to that area. She has a budget of $40 a day for about three meals.

I like this show because the food looks so good and it's great to learn about different places at the same time! Each resturant is unique and sometimes I want to visit the place! She makes the food seem waaaaaaay too good though. She makes noises like she's eating the best thing that she's ever tasted. Despite the little nitpicks, this is a great show and I give it an 8.5.
  • Rachael Ray eats for $40 a day in different towns

Rachael Ray drives me crazy. Maybe if she'd gesture less and had a different voice, I'd like her more. She is a great cook and is very creative in the kitchen, but isn't at her best on $40 a day. She finds good deals on food but the food isn't always the food that is unique to that region of the country. When she was in Ft. Lauderdale, she didn't have fish, she ate at a Greek restaurant (but got a really good deal). All in all, a decent show that could use some minor improvements.
  • Rachel Ray brings you along as she travels, and finds reasonably priced meals. Her goal is to have three meals, and maybe some snacks, for $40. Along the way, we learn about the food, the places, and the towns.

7.6
    I watch this show with my daughters, as a family thing we do. Rachel Ray is a very upbeat, pleasant face to watch, and even though we have yet to see her break the $40.00 tab, my oldest always roots for a first. She takes us on a journey through the town we are visiting first, telling us a bit about the ambience, and history. She usually asks a local where a nice place to have breakfast is, and we are off. Meal one almost always starts with a "cup of Joe", plain, no sugar, no cream. If there is a special board, we usually will skip the menu, and order the house deal. Once her order is placed, we go on back to the kitchen and watch it being prepared, as she narrates. Back at the table, the food arrives, and we are treated with a variety of "look at this", and random"mmmms". Not so descriptive, but we do get the point, she likes it. Fast forward to noon, and we are cruising the streets again, asking around for a "hot" lunch spot. Rachel might point out a few landmarks, if there are any, or find us a quiet park to eat in. Replay breakfast, and we have lunch, with the addition of totaling up the tab thus far, and hoping she has enough for a good dinner. The final stretch of the show might show us Rachel kicked up a notch, actually ordering a microbrew with dinner, bartenders choice. As usual, a sip, and then a "mmm", "thats a great local brew, and ya cant BEAT the price". Order up one house special, and we are on our way to nearing the end...and the final tally. A trip back to the kitchen, and we are at the table with rachel, as she describes the different textures of her meal, and the freshness of the local veggies that were used. I cant blame her though, without actually offering someone a bite off of your plate, it is hard to come up with ways to share you food descriptions. Here comes the bill, and the tensions are mounting, will she make it???, yes, she will, with .23 cents to spare. Is it just me, or is $40 a day spent on one petite little lady a bit much?
  • A good show for those who want to eat some good foods while on vacation without having to pay a high budget.

7.1
    "$40 a Day" like what the title says, is about Reachal Ray, a Food Network chef, taking you to well-known places around the United States, and at the same time, informs you about the great restaurants located there. She has fourty dollars in her hand (two twenty dollar bills), and she wants to spend it on food. In the end, she'll have some left over sometimes, and in other times, all $40 go poof.

While I think it's not a very important show for me, it could be very informative for those who want to eat big, and pay small. Excuse my horrible slogan. If you get paid a low income, you can watch this show on FOOD Network every day and learn something about saving money and eating in great restaurants at the same time.
  • That chick Rachael drives me nuts.....in a bad way...

6.8
    Rachael Ray is so annoying it actually draws me into the show more. Not sure why that is - but she is so super cheese ball that I can't help but watch her next cheese ball move. By the way - $40 a day does not include tips - cause RayRay stiffs everyone - not cool. I do like watching the show though...and other Food Network shows - Iron Chef....boooyeahhh
  • Some people find her annoying but I think Rachael Ray is adorable. On this program she shows how to find good, affordable food while traveling. Yum-o.

6.6
    She's perky, she's up for anything, she's Rachael Ray. And I liked her way before Oprah figured out who she was! It's amazing how much travelogue you can pack into a 30 minute show. Rachael takes you around the US and the world, looking for great, regional food on a budget. Often you get to see how the dish is prepared and Rachael gives enthusiastic descriptions of each dish. Sure, she's never eaten anything she didn't like and she never goes over her $40/day budget but who cares? It's a fun show.
  • i like $40 a day but have one major issue

6.4
    I really like $40 a day; the only problem is when the bill is being paid. Tonight Rachael Ray paid $16 for her meal. Unfortunately, tax and tip, which is usually lumped together, only totaled $2.49! As a server putting herself through graduate school, I am appalled that a television personality tells people that a two dollar tip is acceptable. If you are eating, it is unacceptable to tip less than $3. Think not of the bill, but what work the server has put in to serving you. I make $3.08 per hour; hardly enough to survive on. People must realize that servers live on tips and that Rachael Ray's %15 is hardly an acceptable tip for good service.
  • The show is awesome and does work out for me because I have a small budget. I\'m just not sure if the concept will ever work to the shows purpose.

6.2
    I mean, if you only have 40 bucks to spend on food and you\'re in a state or city you\'ve never been in... I really doubt you should eat out at a restaurant. Maybe you should go for fast food because restaurants can easily blow your budget fast. Also who will remember the restaurants on the show and what she ordered unless you\'re a hardcore fan and you write everything down. Maybe the Food Network should come out with a book or mini guide for each state.
  • This show is a waste of time.

$40 a day in my opinion waste of 30 minutes as the show really does not to help you in your travels. The show was more or less created for people who are traveling (such as business people) and need to keep themselves within a budget. The concept is there but the first thing that needs to change is Rachel having to get the adult beverage. Quite a few companies will not reimburse their employees for such things so I would rather see Rachel show off some more places to eat then blow $10 or $15 on booze.. I also would like to see her maybe feature 2 or 3 places for each meal.
  • De-friend me now if you like RR!

Do some research. She can't cook and she is an idiot. I'm being kind. There is certainly nothing wrong with watching your budget as long as you are considerate (and educated) to the big picture.