48 Hours

Saturday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Jan 19, 1988 In Season

48 Hours Fan Reviews (10)

7.2
  • BOTHCHED MURDER/SUICIDE OF 10 BY OWN FATHER/ONLY HE SURVIVED

I have a terrible true story to tell about this title of my only Grandson killed by my deceased daughter's (also my only child) estranged husband a year and a half after her untimely sudden death at age 27. Maybe if his story is told it could save the life of another innocent child who's parent must have been so depressed and did not seek any type of councilling after the death of my daughter. He is now in jail awaiting trial, yet the prosecutor is trying to plea bargain with offers to me that are a slap in my consider dong a show on him. Sincerely, Leslie G. (219)229-6007 Thank you
  • Just 48 Hours now (11-9-12)

Still the same exact show. Love it. Watch every week. One thing I don't like is they repeat a lot.
  • Touching, truthful, suspenseful...journalism done with flair and class. This show is immediately gripping and can be heartbreaking

48 Hours Mystery is one of my favorite shows. They bring real life mysteries to the screen and each mystery is told by a different host who is usually, but I'll admit not always, fair and objective. Each host tries not to show favoritism or sway the viewer's opinions, but merely plays devil's advocate, picking away at all the pieces of the story, including the stories of the suspects.

I feel bad for what most of these people have gone through and I admire them for sharing their stories with us. I like how the 48 Hours staff handles each story with style and class, without even a hint of sensationalism. This is CSI or SVU without the unnecessary drama (though, don't get me wrong, I ama big fan of those fictitious crime shows).

Most of the stories presented on 48 hours will touch your heart with their sadness, the family's quest for justice, lives taken too soon. Your heart will beat in suspense throughout the courtroom drama or hunt for a criminal. I think this show is well done. You will find some family from time to time that you can empathize with. Many of these cases are news worthy and but hardly made the news (some of them are cases that I've never heard of) and I am glad that 48 hours gives the families a platform to tell their stories.

• Bring Back 48 Hours Mystery- the new format of Live to Tell is awful.

2.5
    As a long time watcher of 48 Hours Mystery I was dissapointed to see the new format of Live to Tell. Simply put that show is boring with a capital B. Most of the reason the original show is so good is because it is a mystery....and its true. There is no suspense with Live to Tell..no mystery. I'm giving it one more week and then I'm gonna stop watching its so not worth it. Not to mention you can tell those stories in 15 minutes rather than dragging it out for an hour. Totally boring.
  • HERB WITLOCK/RANDY STEIDL INCARCERATION

RE: Herb Witlock and Randy Steidl case

AIRED: March 1, 2008

This show gave us viewers just another disgusting example of our corrupt legal system at work, as I know only too well having been incarcerated on Death Row for simply arranging a blind date.
    How one man can be imprisoned and one not for the same crime, is totally absurd. This situation is a true double standard, just like the rich and famous getting a slap on the wrist while low-income minorities get the death penalty, as we have seen in many cases throughout the country. In this particular case, justice eventually prevailed but came many years too late. I hope that these two men will file a lawsuit against the State of Illinois to send a message to the police department who chose to listen to the statement of an admitted substance abuser, and refused to listen the Officer Mike Callahan, showing him no good deed goes unpunished.
    -Cheri Woods
    Author, Death Row Madam
    Website: myspace.com/cheriwoods
  • My husband and I just finished watching 48 hours about the Camm triple murder. It was less than one hour worth of programming stretched over two hours.

My husband and I just finished watching 48 hours about the Camm triple murder. It was less than one hour worth of programming stretched over two hours. If we had known that we were being set up to watch a television show of commercials rather than an actual program, we never would have turned it on--and will not make that mistake again in the future. Watching the fawcet drip would be preferable. Shame on CBS, the producers and directors for ruining a good television show. If they have low ratings, or if they become low, then in all likelihood it is deserved. Also, if it was not so disturbing that these people chose to waste the small amount of free time that I have available to me, I would not be writing a review here, of all places. Requiring my birthdate is personal information that goes way beyond the expected. Shame on this site too, although it does not surprise me. It simply again shows the lack of decency and respect present in 2007 United States society.
  • Who is Mr. Camm's enemy?

Murder on Lockhart Road is a very moving and disturbing episode. Mr. Camm is incarcrated by decision of two juries, but there is no compelling evidence that he was present at the time of the crime. This case begs the question: Who wants Mr. Camm dead or out of the community? My guess is that he had an affair with the wife/girlfriend of a very influential individual. OR that he knows something that makes him a liability to someone. This case needs a follow-up when the Supreme Court reviews the case again. Murder on Lockhart Road demonstrates how influence is sometimes used in the judicial system.
  • This show is very good./Its pretty much just like Dateline

Good:
    This show is very good. I put it on the same level as Dateline wich is pretty good. I love the hosts on this show better then Dateline.

Bad:
    Its pretty much just like Dateline (except with better hosts). I hate some of there episodes. Sometimes they just do it on stars which I dont really like the hosts are better with news then with celebrities.
  • 48 Hours uncovers the truth of murders and other stuff.

Now called 48 Hours Mystery and 48 Hours Hard Evidance, this show uncovers a new scandel every week. It talks about a real story and what happened. Then it talks about the suspect who is later arrested and sent to trial. Alot of time there is another trial for the suspect. This show covers from murder to arsen. You also find out the suspects time in jail or if they are going to be put to death. You hear from the victums family and you see parts of the trial. I really like this show and I'm going to continue watching it.
  • Every week 48 hours takes on a new case of mystery. Murder, lies, courtroom drama, all real. 48 hours presents the viewer with the facts and lets you the viewer decide what to make of the case.

Reality journalism, chronicling a murder mystery (most of the time) where the viewer is presented with facts and occurences and is left with the ultimate decision of guilt or innocence.

The topics run the gambit from murder investigations, murder trials, kidnapping, rape, international manhunts, murders, et. al.

There is no set host, Leslie Stahl is the only name I can recall off the top of my head. But most of the journalists that appear as the hosts are very forgettable.

The ingredient the piques my interest the most is the stories about real people. Not to be cynical, but the world is a dark place and these kinds of crimes happen every day, it is refreshing to see these things portrayed in the harsh light of realism. As a contrast to the glossy hollywood versions of how things happen that we are bombarded with most of the time.