48 Hours

Saturday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Jan 19, 1988 In Season

48 Hours Fan Reviews (10)

7.2
  • Every week 48 hours takes on a new case of mystery. Murder, lies, courtroom drama, all real. 48 hours presents the viewer with the facts and lets you the viewer decide what to make of the case.

Reality journalism, chronicling a murder mystery (most of the time) where the viewer is presented with facts and occurences and is left with the ultimate decision of guilt or innocence.

The topics run the gambit from murder investigations, murder trials, kidnapping, rape, international manhunts, murders, et. al.

There is no set host, Leslie Stahl is the only name I can recall off the top of my head. But most of the journalists that appear as the hosts are very forgettable.

The ingredient the piques my interest the most is the stories about real people. Not to be cynical, but the world is a dark place and these kinds of crimes happen every day, it is refreshing to see these things portrayed in the harsh light of realism. As a contrast to the glossy hollywood versions of how things happen that we are bombarded with most of the time.