48 Hours

Saturday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Jan 19, 1988 In Season

48 Hours Fan Reviews (10)

7.2
  • Touching, truthful, suspenseful...journalism done with flair and class. This show is immediately gripping and can be heartbreaking

48 Hours Mystery is one of my favorite shows. They bring real life mysteries to the screen and each mystery is told by a different host who is usually, but I'll admit not always, fair and objective. Each host tries not to show favoritism or sway the viewer's opinions, but merely plays devil's advocate, picking away at all the pieces of the story, including the stories of the suspects.

I feel bad for what most of these people have gone through and I admire them for sharing their stories with us. I like how the 48 Hours staff handles each story with style and class, without even a hint of sensationalism. This is CSI or SVU without the unnecessary drama (though, don't get me wrong, I ama big fan of those fictitious crime shows).

Most of the stories presented on 48 hours will touch your heart with their sadness, the family's quest for justice, lives taken too soon. Your heart will beat in suspense throughout the courtroom drama or hunt for a criminal. I think this show is well done. You will find some family from time to time that you can empathize with. Many of these cases are news worthy and but hardly made the news (some of them are cases that I've never heard of) and I am glad that 48 hours gives the families a platform to tell their stories.