60 Minutes

September 9, 2012 - Killing Bin Laden

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Sep 09, 2012 on CBS

• Amazing, SImply Amazing

I'm not sure either whether this should have aired or not but we live in a very different world from the one I grew up in (I'm 50) and in the age of embedded reporters, YouTube and all the outlets of information we have available, it not surprising. This show definitely qualifies for the 'Must See TV' label.

There is so much we don't know about that goes on on our planet and for the most part, I'm happy with that. I trust the military and law enforcement and feel no need to find out tactics. As the old saying goes, 'You tell your friends, you tell your enemies.'

All of us have a certain routine to our jobs. In my case, I have written thousands of lines of programming code and it's routine to do that. Imagine that your routine involves missions like this one and then you go to Taco Bell. Amazing!
  • I may have problems with this having aired, but...

It certainly held my attention. Impressively thorough and I loved learning some of the details - training for three weeks on a replica of the compound, luring Bin Laden's son out of his room, confirming Bin Laden's identity via a child at the scene.

The whole disguise thing was odd. The guy looked so unusual that they must have done a good job with it. But I cringed when he used the phrase "wicked smart" while discussing a CIA agent who obtained intel. I'd have to guess he's from Massachusetts and the last thing he needs is more personally identifiable info out there.