7 Days Forums

UPN (ended 2001)

Bah, no series finale?

Codeguru

[1]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 6

That bites. They ended on what could very well be described as a "filler" episode. I know it's seven years too late to complain but screw whoever cancelled them...

Codeguru

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ebayking90

[2]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    Just to let you guys know. 7 Days was not cancelled, in fact they wanted to bring it back for a 4th season. The reason for the shows early departure, was the on going tension between Olga and Parker's characters. In fact things got so bad that they did not film any new scenes together for the 3rd season and they just recycled older scenes if the script called for it. That is what happened. It is a damn shame because this was one of my favorite shows back in the day. But, actors and actresses have egos and sometimes they end up rubbing each other the wrong way.

Codeguru

[3]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 6

What do their characters have to do with real life tension? And how did they film the episode where Olga reveals the equation for back step to the russians? That was a totally different background than I've ever seen before so it couldn't be recycled. Maybe I didn't watch close enough but I thought I saw many scenes with them together in the 3rd season that were very on topic with the rest of the episode...

Codeguru

X-RayVision

[4]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 11
    Yeah, I don't know about recycled scenes. Granted every once and a while a scene filmed rom one episode of a show winds up on the cutting room floor. But it could not have been done to a massive extent. It is obvious that they wrote around the problems behind the scenes. Frank and Olga had far fewer scenes together once the second half of the 3rd season hit. A lot more scenes where Olga talks about Parker to someone else rather than to him. Olga wasn't even in the final episode.

I'm honestly a little surprised that if they were going to be picked up for a 4th season that they didn't just have Olga leave the series and bring in a new Female lead for Frank to play off of. That probably would have helped keep costs down, since actors salaries tend to rise as they go deeper into a series.

fsyemogushi

[5]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 7
    ebayking90 wrote:
    Just to let you guys know. 7 Days was not cancelled, in fact they wanted to bring it back for a 4th season. The reason for the shows early departure, was the on going tension between Olga and Parker's characters. In fact things got so bad that they did not film any new scenes together for the 3rd season and they just recycled older scenes if the script called for it. That is what happened. It is a damn shame because this was one of my favorite shows back in the day. But, actors and actresses have egos and sometimes they end up rubbing each other the wrong way.

Just curious as to where you got this information and the info posted on the last episode Live: From Death Row about how the two leads didn't get along.

Johnny_Archer

[6]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    I wonder what their issues were?

enterlexx

[7]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 1

maybe they had a real thing going on behind the scenes as well

wouldn't surprise me as i thought the chemistry between the 2 was great.

perhaps it went all downhill when Jonathan "Parker" LaPaglia's girlfriend Ursula Brooks (his spouse from 1998 to this day) entered the show, playing "Dr Lola Manson" (S01E20 and S02E11/S02E14)

who knows...

blackdaylegend

[8]Jan 1, 2011
    • level: 2

Actually, the actor, Sam Whipple, who played Doctor Ballard, the guy in the wheelchair, died of cancer in June 2002. That was probably part of the reason they didn't continue.

lisab3373

[9]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 1
    i heard the same thing, that at the time the show was one of the network's most popular shows, but justina vail did not get along with the other cast members who were all guys. supposedly she walked out a lot at the end of season 3 which is why she is not in some of the episodes. in fairness to her the writers did make her appear in leather lingerie with a whip ... she left hollywood and married a doctor in colorado. recently she has tried to get back to acting.

this is very sad in my opinion because Jonathan LaPaglia and justina vail had great chemistry and are one of the great tv couples. the show unfortunately had uneven writing towards the end and the other characters were often ignored.