7 Days

UPN (ended 2001)

Gislef

7 Days Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• Time travel concept is the best ever! And correct...

6.2
    How many TV shows and movies get it wrong all the time except this show. Going back in time does not multiply matter. Of course the chrononaut's past is the future he came from so how could he possibly meet his past self? This makes going back in time and killing your grandpa sound stupid. Even if you did so you'd still exist because you were born in a different timeline where your grandpa is alive.

But the show itself is completely dumb, weird, stupid, and boring. In the first episode Frank Parker obviously is pretending to be crazy when he is in a mental hospital. At best the show seemed to be fun for about first 7 episodes until it went downhill. There is so many episodes where they would have good concepts but build a ridiculously boring storyline around it, making the episode seem to last 7 Days, accompanied by boring music and uninteresting storyline. Most of second season storylines are terrible. In third season they threw in some good episodes but it mostly seems to bounce between mildly good and terrible. Somebody should've gone back 7 days and stopped the show from airing. Here are some boring episodes that are a drag to watch:

Shadow Play
    Walter
    Pinball Wizard
    Parker.com
    For the Children
    Walk Away (Ballard is weird)
    Sister's Keeper
    The Collector (A terrible profile for a killer)
    Love and Other Disasters
    The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
    Buried Alive (most boring ep. ever)
    The Backstepper's Apprentice
    Space Station Down
    The Cuban Missile
    Witch Way to the Prom (just weird)
    Mr. Donovan's Neighborhood
    Playmates and Presidents
    Rhino
    The Fire Last Time
    Head Case
    Raven
    The First Freshman
    Sugar Mountain
    Live: From Death Row (Why did they even bother with this one?)"
  • i personally loved this show even tho not a lot of others watched it... it was a great show...

why didn't this show ever catch on? i really loved this show and i watched it w/ my bro. it was actually good. better than i expected at first. but i think that the show got weirder... i dont know how but it just did but it was still good entertainment. did the actor for frank parker make a small comeback on prison break?... hmm...
  • Yeah ok show but kinda weird.

This show is a good show but it has some things that made it kinda suck. When I fist saw this show I thought "Wow this is new, fun, and different." But then I started watching it for awhile and it started to go downhill for me. It seemed like it was the same story show after show after show after show. Now yeah there was some different episodes but it still was the same story most of the time. This does start to get boring but yes the show was fun and different then most shows but the stories started to seem the same. I really don't recommend this show to most people only if you are kinda into sci-fi. I hoped I helped you out about this show.
  • A man can go back in time seven days. Hmmm......

A nice try, It was a good idea. A man goes back in time to stop disaters from happening. Only problem is the guy who does the job has problems of his own. The actors were decent, and had some good storylines. Interesting, but it just didn't have a clincher that really gabbed an audience.
  • 7 Days was a truly interesting idea that many people just didn't get.

Who hasn't thought of traveling back in time? Wishing you could do something over again.
    7 Days was a truly interesting idea that many people just didn't get. Using alien technology that was being covered up by the government in the case of an emergency, a person could go backward in time 7 Days.

7 Days has an interesting concept, just don't try to understand all the scientific mumbo-jumbo that they talk about occasionally, as you wont understand it... but it is definitely a show to give a shot.
  • This is one of the best shows out there. I wish they could either bring it back or maybe make a movie out of it! We should all e-mail SciFi. Maybe they would make a mini ser. or something.

Great stories, cast, and cast chemistry. The Idea behind the show was brilliant! Effects were cool but could have been a little better. Too bad they couldn’t end it in a good way. I mean come on. I heard they have a few episodes that were shot but not aired. LETS SEE THEM!
  • Govt agent Parker, can travel 7 days back in time in order to change events gone wrong. Sci-fi action thriller

This was one of my favorite shows, and I was thrilled to see re-runs on TV earlier this year. With a somewhat original story and plot, and episodes that kind of carry on from one another, this was a great sci-fi action show that didnt seem too cheesy or unrealistic ha.
  • A Good Idea that never really caught on.

4.7
    The idea of the whole series was a good one but it never really broke any boarders.

The idea of going back in time was great but the way it was shown made a possable great show into the ground.

Its good as a show to relax with if you want a mild entertainment. But if you want something that gripping and action packed go look somewhere else.
  • I loved this show and how it was put together. I followed all 3 seasons and while some of the episodes may have been off the wall, the underlying stories and dynamics of the cast kept me coming back every week.

I loved this show and how it was put together. I followed all 3 seasons and while some of the episodes may have been off the wall, the underlying stories and dynamics of the cast kept me coming back every week. Towards the end the show lost some momentum. It wasn't wrapped up neatly in a season finale. But the story lines like the flirtation between Parker and Olga were always entertaining and funny.
    7 days also provided a snap shot of some of the issues in America at the time and in a semi-serious way tackled the issues of the day. They fought terrorism, explored the idea of what it means to be patriotic, and every week went back 7 days to keep America from disaster. This show truly was ahead of it’s time.
  • A great show. Uses time travel and secret government projects to reveal truly amzing story lines. Following the time lines that are created is great. The writing is excellent and it is really a must watch show.

Even though now it is only on reruns on spike TV, it is a show that has to be watched. The characters along with the actors are great. Following the action of this NSA division that goes back in time to prevent things from happening with Agent Frank B. Parker going in the sphere, recovered from the Roswell crash, which uses alien technology, is really exciting. The time lines and science fiction aspect is also excellent.
  • The show started off well but as the seasons went by it got more and more unorigional.

5.8

Yeah, I still watched it BUT doing the same thing again and again got well...bouring. Also the episodes got stupider and the operning titles (version 3) where terrable. You may call me nieve by judging a show by the operning titles but with some shows I tune in every week and look forward to listerning to the theme tune and the voice over!

This is the kind of show (well a lot of shows nowdays are) that needs and on-going storyline, more contact with the alliens perhaps or (as we've already established they can be hostil) a war.

But the show was cancelled before anything interesting could happen, although it was still a good show.

I'd still have loved to have seen more.
  • This was a classic time travel show that really hit the button when it comes to creating alternate timelines, dealing with the consequences, and the psychological effects it has on one individual.

The only downfall was the alien fuel and alien episodes that seem to draw away from the purpose of the show. The best episode (episode #44, The Cure) had to be the one with the time traveler from 168 years in future, who backstepped to stop a vaccine that cured cancer and ended up destroying a majority of the world's population. It was amazing, and the most chilling part was how if the backstepper had just allowed his anti-bodies to be used he could have helped create a cancer-free non deadly future.
1 2 >