7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

"Aaron Camden"??!?

sallenj

[1]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 16

Okay, I was dinking around on google the other day, and found a character history of Ruthie on wiki. When it started listing "relatives", everything seemed accurate, down to Mary and Matt's twin babies not having names. Then, I saw a listing of a "Aaron Camden" listed as a "nephew." He's listed on Lucy's character summary as well.

So, who is Aaron Camden? In order to be Ruthie and Lucy's nephew, it would have to be either Mary or Matt's son. I thought it might be an unnmaed child of Julie and Hank, but that would be a cousin, not a nephew. So...

The only Aarons I know being associated with 7th Heaven are Aaron Spelling and Aaron Jameson, Sandy's baby. Neither of them are Camdens, so I'm at a loss. Can anybody shed any light on this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

txgirl75

[2]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 23
    Sandy named her baby boy Aaron but she was no camden.. I have no idea how they got Aaron Camden probably typo someone not paying attention. Sandy is the one that dated Martin and got prego by him and he lived with camden's but that wasn't his last name.

sallenj

[3]Sep 26, 2011

Yeah, that's how I understood it too. The only thing I could think of was that there were some fans who were convinced Aaron was actually Simon's. But even if that were true, he still wouldn't have been a Camden, since Sandy and Simon weren't married. So, he woulldn't have taken Simon's name. He would have had Sandy's.

singinangel720

[4]Nov 18, 2011
    • level: 1

It was revealed in the season 10 finale that Simon is Aaron's father, not martin. Hence Sandy and Aaron's close relationships with the family in season 11 and why they go with the camdens on their road trip. So Aaron is Lucy and Ruthie's nephew after all.

sallenj

[5]Nov 18, 2011

singinangel720 wrote:

It was revealed in the season 10 finale that Simon is Aaron's father, not martin. Hence Sandy and Aaron's close relationships with the family in season 11 and why they go with the camdens on their road trip. So Aaron is Lucy and Ruthie's nephew after all.

I have to disagree here. The 10th Season finale did no such thing. The closest they got was Sandy asking Simon "Did Rose say anything?" And then "Simon, we need to talk." It was a tantalizing hint of something, but it was a long way from "Aaron is your baby." In fact, Sandy herself said the exact opposite on at least one occasion. "Aaron is Martin's baby, not Simon's." Then, in Season 11, it was never followed up on, other than continuing indications that Aaron was Martin's son (Martin had visitation rights, and so on. Simon never did.).

I know there are people who wish that the 10th Season finale, or the 11th Season had cleared up Aaron's paternity, and told definitively who his father was, but it didn't--unless Sandy's continued testimony that it was Martin's baby is to be believed. This is in the same category of speculation as those who assume, from some cryptic remarks Ruthie made, that Simon and Cecilia wound up married. You just can't get there from here.

Edited on 01/12/2012 11:12am

sallenj

[6]Nov 18, 2011

Oh, and Sandy's close relationship with the family in Season 11 was given a much firmer basis in Season 10 than her being Simon's "baby mama." She forged a close friendship with Lucy, from Lucy helping her with her "situation.", and with the rest of the family due to being Rose's best friend, while Rose was engaged to Simon. It didn't require Simonian paternity.

HeavenWood

[7]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 19

Brenda Hampton said that whole thing at the end of season 10 ("series finale") was meant to be an open ending. She knew some people would think she was there to tell Simon he was the father while others would think despite having Martin's baby that she still wanted to have a relationship with Simon. Brenda even said she didn't know which way it would go if the show continued, mind you this was before the show was renewed for a surprise 11 season. Had David Gallagher come back for that season it may have have gone another way. I think it was pretty clear that Martin was the baby's father, Aaron was named after Martin's grandfather Aaron. There was nothing in season 11 to even hint Martin was not the father. Sandy was a friend of the family. If the baby was Simon they wouldn't have had Martin playing Daddy in season 11.

Edited on 01/12/2012 1:41am