7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

In an alternate Camden universe, what would you change?

ChipsTheButler

[21]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 9
    Come on, surely you can understand how that episode could have been improved if, as Eric was shot, the house across the road collapsed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sallenj

[22]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 16

ChipsTheButler wrote:
    Come on, surely you can understand how that episode could have been improved if, as Eric was shot, the house across the road collapsed.

You know, now I think you are just pulling our collective legs. "Baboom!"

oreo_cookie5m

[23]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 10

I know what you mean, I worded my statement wrong. Should of said most of them instead of all of them. My biggest disappointment was with the Simon storyline. Had they spent more time on it in the season 7 finale instead of leaving it as a last minute cliffhanger, I think it could have been an amazing emotional storyline. With what they gave us it was a little emotional but was just good. I didn't need to see the accident itself but I would have liked to see how Eric, Annie and Simon reacted to it right after it happened instead of 2-3 months later.

Edited on 03/07/2012 12:27am

sallenj

[24]Mar 8, 2012

I guess I'll have to go back and rewatch the Season 7 finale. I didn't think the accident was even mentioned then. I thought it was first brought up in "The Long,BadSummer." That was the beginning of Season 8, wasn't it? I didn't realize it had been a cliffhanger the previous season, or was even alluded to. If it was, then, yes, they could have developed it a bit more then, so it didn't just come out of nowhere in Season 8.

As far as how it played out, I think a case could be made that Rose was a direct result of Simon's previous womanizing, which was an attempt to deal with the pain and guilt caused by the accident. So, you could say that Simon's entire story arc for the rest of the series was just the working out of the consequences of that accident. If so, then, yes, they really did need to show us more of what led up to it, and build it a little more. (I know that's a little off topic, but I think it connects to what you were saying.)

txgirl75

[25]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 23
    snake63 wrote:
    Thats easy no Sam and David. They were as useless as Alex and Nicky in Full House.
    Yeah I agree there.

Even though I didn't want 7th heaven to end I would have never done 11th season. I never liked Kevin I thought he was to full of himself. I would have put Lucy with Mike I really liked those two. Mary and Wison should have married. I would have kept Dena around all the other girls that were with Simon were just awful. I loved Matt and Sarah. All i can think of for now.

rachelandross

[26]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 7

Going in order of the kids, as I don't think I would change anything with Eric and Annie:
    Matt- I never had a problem with his storyline, I liked him and Sarah and thought that even after Barry Watson had to leave because of his cancer Matt was still incorporated nicely into the show
    Mary- I understand that Jessica Biel left the show but I don't think Mary needed to turn into such a bad person. I don't think she should have constantly been abandoning her family and child, I believe there was a better way to write her out.
    Lucy- I also think Lucy was fine and I liked the development of her family, though I believe that she became a little too self centered towards the end, even for Lucy
    Simon- things took a bad turn after he hit the kid with his car. He became so depressed and his story lines were so morbid. I never would have had that happen and I would have kept him with Cecilia and never had him meet Rose or Sandy. I liked the happy and smart Simon, not the one at the end of the show
    Ruthie- she was always one of my favorites but I hated how she became at the end of the show. She always cared so much about her family and was so spunky and knew everything about everyone but towards the end she was so self centered, only thinking about guys and not her family at all. It was like a completely different Ruthie and I would have liked to not see that happen
    Sam/David- for one I would have separated them more, its like they were one character Samanddavid. I also would have given them more story lines, I can't think of one episode where the description even mentions them. It was like they were always there in the background but they were never part of the show or family. At the age of 7 and 8 Ruthie was a huge part of the show and I think it could have been the same for Sam and David
    Robbie/Martin- I would have kept Robbie because I always loved his character and I never would have brought Martin on the show. I didn't think he did anything for anyone and I just didn't like him.

I think the show really took a turn for the worse around season 8 or so and I found season 11 unbearable to watch. I love the first few seasons, definitely through season 6 and I wish the show had not changed as much as it did.

ChipsTheButler

[27]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 9
    Hold the show in the Star Trek universe somehow.

LeanaWright

[28]Feb 14, 2013
    • level: 1

Lucy's twins would live

chandler would not left

Roxanne would not left

Peter would not left

Ceclia would not left

We see matt and mary and simon in 11 season

We learn Julie's son name

No Rose

snake63

[29]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 20

Simon and Deena marries after reuniting in college. Deena was Simon's first girlfriend. Ruthie comes out of the closet and becomes a lesbian.

sallenj

[30]Feb 20, 2013
    snake63 wrote:

Simon and Deena marries after reuniting in college. Deena was Simon's first girlfriend. Ruthie comes out of the closet and becomes a lesbian.

Why exactly would you want to ruin the series, and Ruthie's character that way?