7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

Just a Question about Rose

monstermouse

[1]Jun 25, 2006
    • level: 18

Why does everyone hate Rose? I mean everyone is allowed to have their own opinion but I am just curious to know. It might be because of some episodes us New Zealanders have not seen but the episodes that we have seen her in which is only about five it doesn't seem like there is any problem with her. I think I just answered my own question.

But still please tell me why you hate Rose. Or if you like Rose say why you like her.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ladycatherine

[2]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 14

I dont hate rose I just did not like her with Simon. Most dd not like her because she was over bearing and out spoken to a point of being rude. In a way she showed no respect for Simon or his family. You will have to watch more eppys with her in them to understand.

txgirl75

[3]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 23
    ladycatherine wrote:
    I dont hate rose I just did not like her with Simon. Most dd not like her because she was over bearing and out spoken to a point of being rude. In a way she showed no respect for Simon or his family. You will have to watch more eppys with her in them to understand.
    she pretty much said it.

IT_Chic

[4]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 2
    She acts like she is soooooo much better than anyone else.  She also puts out a sense of "entitlement"...like everyone should cater to her every wish!

Chrissy61305

[5]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 6

It's pretty much what they said is that we don't hate Rose but we didn't like her with Simon.  When i first met Rose on 7th Heaven she wanted to meet Simon parents she was kinda rude to Annie and Eric that was the very first time she met them also the Camden's she was rude it was more like her attitude towards Simon that i didn't like. Rose thought she was better than everyone else she just had a snotty attitude and making comments about everything. But when her ex came in the picture she changed but i did like her a little better after that but i didn't like her with Simon. And the way she acted when her friend Sandy was in labor Sandy wanted Rose and Simon to come to the hospital she said they can't they have classes and i thought that was a little mean because Sandy needed someone and she didn't have no one. And yeah you would have to watch more episodes with her in it to see what we mean about why we don't like Rose.

macrox75

[6]Jun 26, 2006
    Chrissy61305 wrote:

It's pretty much what they said is that we don't hate Rose but we didn't like her with Simon.  When i first met Rose on 7th Heaven she wanted to meet Simon parents she was kinda rude to Annie and Eric that was the very first time she met them also the Camden's she was rude it was more like her attitude towards Simon that i didn't like. Rose thought she was better than everyone else she just had a snotty attitude and making comments about everything. But when her ex came in the picture she changed but i did like her a little better after that but i didn't like her with Simon. And the way she acted when her friend Sandy was in labor Sandy wanted Rose and Simon to come to the hospital she said they can't they have classes and i thought that was a little mean because Sandy needed someone and she didn't have no one. And yeah you would have to watch more episodes with her in it to see what we mean about why we don't like Rose.

yea that and what ladycatherine said i hated how she acted when sandy was in labor(sp?)

Horselover1

[7]Jun 27, 2006
    Pretty much what everybody else already said. Once she turned nice, I liked her slightly better. However, I still didn't think she was right for Simon.
    Edited on 06/27/2006 5:36am

IT_Chic

[8]Jun 27, 2006

macrox75 wrote:
    yea that and what ladycatherine said i hated how she acted when sandy was in labor(sp?)

OH!  I coiulda smacked her when she told Sandy that she couldn't come to the hospital because she had class!  GRR!!  Like she couldn't skip just 1! 

heavengilmoreoc

[9]Jun 27, 2006
    • level: 11
    I argee on what you all say bout her

peacejaw

[10]Jun 27, 2006
    • level: 9
    Actually, in the later episodes, I didn't mind Rose so much. But that was before Umberto intervened ... until that moment, though, Rose's attitude, in my opinion, was... selfish, obnocious, annoying, etc... and she just rubbed me the wrong way.

After Umberto intervined, though, I began to like Rose, though I could still see that she wasn't right for Simon. Then again, I've always thought that Simon would end up with Cecelia or Sandy...

LilMary

[11]Jun 27, 2006
    • level: 12
    I wanted Cecilia for Simon so much because their relationship seemed so genuine to me. Rose and Simon spent so much time convincing themselves of love that was never there, what between her being a bossy pushover since season 9 and him not wanting to her hurt her and stand up for what he wanted. It was as if she had to be right all the time. But yea, after that talk she had with Annie, I was taken aback cause I assumed by then that that was who she really was, I never considered a 'nice Rose' to ever exist, so that surprise was nice, I just wish they'd realized before that marriage wasn't their true desire--plus I had gotten to know Cecilia forwhat, 2 whole years?

monstermouse

[12]Jun 28, 2006
    Now with everyone saying all that I am definitely going to have to watch more episodes. But I am not sure if we are going to see more episodes of 7th Heaven because the last episode we saw was when I think Simon and Rose got engaged or when Rose met Annie and Eric. I can't remember since it was in the xmas holidays I think so yeah but I really hope we do. Does anyone from New Zealand know if we are getting more episodes?

rorygilmore5

[13]Jul 4, 2006
    • level: 3
    I never liked Rose, even after her supposed turnaround.  I saw "Invitation to Disaster" last night.  Rose's apology didn't sound completely sincere.  Something was still off about it.  But I think they waited way too late in the season to try and make her "nice".  Besides, I knew after the previous eppy "Highway to Cell" that Simon and Rose weren't going to marry. 

AshleyKondrad

[14]Aug 15, 2014
    • level: 1
    I hate her because from the moment she was shown, she has been forcing Simon into a relationship that he isn't ready for. Yeah she isn't holding a gun to his head and forcing him, but she is very manipulative and demanding and controlling (as Simon pointed out) in a negative way. She is condescending and snotty. She keeps forcing Simon to commit to her with marriage so that they can have sex (weird how all this marriage talk came up coincidentally around when Simon was explaining his promise to God to not have sex due to a recent trauma). She butts into the business and lives of other people. Most people who met her, within 5 minutes they saw all her negative qualities such as being condescending and acting like she is above everything.

Look, she doesn't even end up marrying him and goes back with an old boyfriend. She is clearly pretty flighty. I agree that they waited to long to make her seem nice, all her negative qualities were shown too much to make her not a good person. Yeah I agree that they were forcing a love between them, because they barely knew each other and when Simon kept telling her they should stick to a plan of waiting a year to get engaged and then being engaged for a year so that they can get to know each other better and Rose says "we already know each other" and presses about how she doesn't want to wait. They DON'T really know each other. She just wants some dream wedding and is forcing it on him. It's pretty obvious throughout that whole drama that Simon was trying to convince himself that he loved her and wanted to eventually get married to her, which was BS. There are lots of reason that she wasn't very likable. I never liked her in the show, and she isn't the first character to be in the show that I didn't like.