7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

Mackanzie Rosman's Best Acting on 7th Heaven?

3333Joshua

[1]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 1

If you had to pick just one season which season of 7th Heaven would you say that Mackenzie Rosman was good from beginning to end and deserved a award for best acting?

Edited on 10/22/2012 6:24pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ktfahel

[2]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 16

Isn't this the same question asked in your other topic...just worded a little differently?

sallenj

[3]Oct 26, 2012
    • level: 16
    ktfahel wrote:

Isn't this the same question asked in your other topic...just worded a little differently?

I kind of wondered the same thing. I think the hard part of this question is that, if you stop long enough to say "this is good acting", then it isn't. Because, if it was good acting, it would seem natural, and wouldn't call attention to itself. With that in mind, Mack seemed most natural (that is, she didn't seem to be acting, but just BEING her character) probably along about Season 6 or so, in my opinion. During that time, you could believe that she WAS Ruthie. By the same token, Season 11 was awful in that regard. She was constantly reminding you that she WASN'T Ruthie, that she was acting. This was equal parts the fact that sometimes she didn't seem to be acting at all (That is, she was putting very little effort into showing the character, and was just wooden) and the rest of the time when she was obviously overacting (That is, melodrama/soap opera type over the top gestures/emotions. Most of the time, less is more here.). In any case, I had trouble ever forgetting that Ruthie was a fictional character in Season 11, which is job one of a good actress/actor. So, I couldn't enjoy her--and I LOVE Ruthie, so that made it that much worse.

So, best: about Season 6; Worst: Season 11.

snake63

[4]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 20

As MacKenzie Rosman Ruthie got older she stopped being cute and became a smartass then a spoiled brat. Of all of the Camden kids she went to private school and the last year Scotland.