The CW (ended 2007)

OMG Mackenzie Rosman is....

tinkerbell31283

[1]May 30, 2008
    • level: 11

well she is growing up.

I can't belive this is little ruthie.

i guess everyone grows up.

http://egotastic.com/entertainment/celebrities/mackenzie-rosman/mackenzie-rosman-is-kissing-girls-with-tongue-003623

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sallenj

[2]May 30, 2008
    • level: 16

I don't know. I visited the site (And by the way, it is a very trashy site--makes the National Enquirer look like a first class journalistic masterpiece. I don't recommend it.), and you can't really see enough of the girl's face to know if it's Mack or not, in my opinion. Even if it is her face, with photoshop and such nowadays, Maybe she was kissing her boyfriend or something and was pasted in. There is a date on one of the pictures, but we don't know about that either. So these two stills don't have any sort of pedigree: Where, when, with whom, who took the picture, or even if it is really her--nothing. If you ask me, it is pretty sleazy to try to ruin a young woman's reputation with this kind of non-evidence. It's just salacious and sensationalistic. Especially when there is real evidence of others--Like Britney Spears and Madonna kissing on national TV, for crying out loud! (I am NOT putting Mack on the same level as those two. Just trying to make the point of how flimsy those pics are as evidence of anything.)

So anyway, there is no need to lament the passing of Mackenzie Rosman's "good girl" image just yet. Not without something much more substantial than this.

Edited on 05/30/2008 5:54am

txgirl75

[3]May 30, 2008
    • level: 23
    Allot of times they put the characters face on someone elses body so. I think that's what they did with Mackenzie they put her face on someone else body. It's not really her. I don't think it is anyway.

VGFreak8

[5]May 31, 2008
    • level: 53
    I hope it isn't Mackenzie. She seems like such a nice girl and I don't think she would do that. It's horrible how our world has become today. I really hope it is not Mackenzie Rosman!

-Master_K-

[6]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 37
    What's the big deal even if it is her? She's just kissing a girl, typical teen stuff.

sallenj

[7]Jun 9, 2008

The big deal is, first of all, this is not "normal teen stuff", or at least it shouldn't be. Anybody with two brain cells can tell you girls should kiss guys, and vice versa. Besides, this particuliar young woman was much beloved for playing a straitlaced preacher's daughter on TV, one with traditional morals, and some character. Her fans hoped that the character she played was at least partly a reflection of the actress herself. If these pics are truly her, it damages our perception of her, as well as our enjoyment of the character she played. And it is yet another example of the morally bankrupt, corrupting culture of Hollywood intruding into an area (7th heaven) where we thought our values were reflected, not mocked and undermined. If you don't understand that, then you just don't get it.

That's what the big deal is.

sallenj

[9]Jun 10, 2008

According to the official Mackenzie Rosman fansite mackrosman.net, reported today, June 10th, 2008, the pictures really are of Mackenzie Rosman. It says that she and a friend "Mikaela" were goofing off at another friend's birthday party, and playing it for laughs.

I, for one, am intensely disappointed. Who thinks this kind of thing is cute? This stinks. I stand by what I wrote in the previous post. It's sad.

Edited on 06/10/2008 6:24am

Barrybgb

[10]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 23

If we were "intensely disappointed" or feel "sad" for every silly, goofing off thing teens do, we would never be happy. Believe me. I was there myself, and every other kid I've ever known. Not to mention having 4 sisters and 6 nieces. I humbly disagree sallenj, but that's all I am going to say. I can go on and on, but I am not going to get into it.

Edited on 06/10/2008 8:37am
    Edited 2 total times.

sallenj

[11]Jun 10, 2008

You may not want to get into it, but I am going to take one stab at it, then I'm done. I think it was Lucy who said, "I have a special place in my heart for teenage girls. I think I used to be one." I was a teenage guy once, and I never went around kissing other guys. I have sisters too, and nieces and female cousins, and none of them kisses girls. Neither did any of my girlfriends. Some of them have their own eccentricities, but not that. To act like this is somehow now normal is to misuse the word "normal."

No, I don't get disappointed over "every goofing off thing teens do." Most things celebs do these days don't surprise me. A sex tape of Paris Hilton for intance is no big whoop. A sex tape of Beverly Mitchell on the other hand, would be disappointing, because we expect decency from her. That's what she has given us. The same would be true of Melissa Gilbert, or someone else of that caliber. I'm sorry, but I expected more from Mack. That's why I'm disappointed. Maybe in this day and age, it's asking too much from actors and actresses to even bother to pretend they have any morals. That doesn't mean we have to endorse it or think that it is okay or that it is "normal." It's too bad you don't see that.

Jon_MW_14

[12]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 39
    sallenj wrote:

You may not want to get into it, but I am going to take one stab at it, then I'm done. I think it was Lucy who said, "I have a special place in my heart for teenage girls. I think I used to be one." I was a teenage guy once, and I never went around kissing other guys. I have sisters too, and nieces and female cousins, and none of them kisses girls. Neither did any of my girlfriends. Some of them have their own eccentricities, but not that. To act like this is somehow now normal is to misuse the word "normal."

No, I don't get disappointed over "every goofing off thing teens do." Most things celebs do these days don't surprise me. A sex tape of Paris Hilton for intance is no big whoop. A sex tape of Beverly Mitchell on the other hand, would be disappointing, because we expect decency from her. That's what she has given us. The same would be true of Melissa Gilbert, or someone else of that caliber. I'm sorry, but I expected more from Mack. That's why I'm disappointed. Maybe in this day and age, it's asking too much from actors and actresses to even bother to pretend they have any morals. That doesn't mean we have to endorse it or think that it is okay or that it is "normal." It's too bad you don't see that.

I disagree with you. I am a teenage guy, though I never kissed another guy before, I know that most of the guys and girls at my school goof around all the time It's all just good fun. It's normal.
    Edited on 06/10/2008 5:15pm

sallenj

[13]Jun 10, 2008

So most of the guys at your school go around kissing other guys on the mouth, and using their tongues?!? Really? Even the straight guys? And it's all in good fun? That is what we're talking about, after all. This isn't about normal teenage goofing. It's about whether quasi-homosexual behavior (Kissing someone of the same sex in a sexual way) is just average, ordinary, ho-hum.

And more to the point, 7th Heaven was a decidedly family oriented TV show that focused on a straight married couple and their children. So, when one of the main stars of the show does something completely counter to the ethos of the show is that worth mentioning on a web page devoted to said show? And is it proper for fans who are disappointed in that star to say so? If not, what country do we live in again?

Jon_MW_14

[14]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 39

sallenj wrote:

So most of the guys at your school go around kissing other guys on the mouth, and using their tongues?!? Really? Even the straight guys? And it's all in good fun? That is what we're talking about, after all. This isn't about normal teenage goofing. It's about whether quasi-homosexual behavior (Kissing someone of the same sex in a sexual way) is just average, ordinary, ho-hum.

And more to the point, 7th Heaven was a decidedly family oriented TV show that focused on a straight married couple and their children. So, when one of the main stars of the show does something completely counter to the ethos of the show is that worth mentioning on a web page devoted to said show? And is it proper for fans who are disappointed in that star to say so? If not, what country do we live in again?

No, people play a game called DARE and people get dared to kiss someone of the same sex. The game gets played at parties. It's not played all the time but whenever there's a party it get's played. When it's played, it's not all the time someone gets dared to kiss someone of the same sex. It is normal teenage goofing off where I live but I live in a small town.

I agree 7th Heaven is a family oriented TV show and to see someone like Mackenzie Roseman do something like that is wierd, but it's her life and she can do whatever she wants in it. I don't know about you but I live in Canada.

Edited on 06/11/2008 6:37pm

VGFreak8

[15]Jun 11, 2008
    I have to agree with sallenj. I completely disagree with homosexuality. It may be goofing off with teens, but still, it is wrong. 7th Heaven is based off of a Christian family, and while the actors/actresses may not be Christian, in the Bible, it clearly says that God hates homosexuality. Now, I don't hate gay people, I just don't agree with their choices.

If our world has gone so far to say that same-sex kissing is normal and just goofing off, then I'm truly disappointed. Goofing off used to be making jokes (clean jokes) and dancing crazily and things like that. Now, goofing off is kissing people of the same-sex, telling offensive jokes, and committing small crimes (shoplifting, vandalism, etc.).

I agree with sallenj as he expects more from Mackenzie and Beverley and other 7H actors. I expect more too! It's sad that we don't expect more from everyone! This is a small portion of my opinion on this.

sallenj

[16]Jun 11, 2008
    Thanks for the support VGFreak. I was beginning to feel like a voice crying in the wilderness, so to speak. I was deliberately trying to keep from mentioning the Bible and the Christian basis for the show, and just make a general argument about the culture. However, you hit the nail on the head in that deparment. It needed to be said. Thanks again.

VGFreak8

[17]Jun 12, 2008
    Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one with that opinion too. No offense to anyone who disagrees, but I'm surprised more people didn't feel the same way, especially on a 7H board.
    Edited on 06/12/2008 12:07am

VGFreak8

[18]Jun 12, 2008
    tinkerbell31283 wrote:

well she is growing up.

I can't belive this is little ruthie.

i guess everyone grows up.

http://egotastic.com/entertainment/celebrities/mackenzie-rosman/mackenzie-rosman-is-kissing-girls-with-tongue-003623

I just noticed this, but if this is part of growing up, then I really am disappointed at how our world has become. I certainly don't think that kissing other guys should be part of my growing up process.

-Master_K-

[19]Jun 16, 2008
    sallenj wrote:

Besides, this particuliar young woman was much beloved for playing a straitlaced preacher's daughter on TV, one with traditional morals, and some character. Her fans hoped that the character she played was at least partly a reflection of the actress herself. If these pics are truly her, it damages our perception of her, as well as our enjoyment of the character she played.

Actually, all this proves is that she's a really good actress.

-Master_K-

[20]Jun 16, 2008

VGFreak8 wrote:
    I have to agree with sallenj. I completely disagree with homosexuality. It may be goofing off with teens, but still, it is wrong. 7th Heaven is based off of a Christian family, and while the actors/actresses may not be Christian, in the Bible, it clearly says that God hates homosexuality. Now, I don't hate gay people, I just don't agree with their choices. If our world has gone so far to say that same-sex kissing is normal and just goofing off, then I'm truly disappointed. Goofing off used to be making jokes (clean jokes) and dancing crazily and things like that. Now, goofing off is kissing people of the same-sex, telling offensive jokes, and committing small crimes (shoplifting, vandalism, etc.). I agree with sallenj as he expects more from Mackenzie and Beverley and other 7H actors. I expect more too! It's sad that we don't expect more from everyone! This is a small portion of my opinion on this.

What is the big deal with her kissing another girl? I mean clearly you have no right to be holding her up on some pedastal based on what she's played on TELEVISION (did you seriously expect her to be just like her character....?)

You make it sound like she's attracted to girls and wants to marry the same sex? I'm a fan of the show but I don't think there's anything wrong with her kissing another girl on the lips, she's not the first and she's definitely not the last; I highly doubt there was any attraction in the kiss. You've gotten a little too obsessed with a couple of metaphors that can be taken in many different ways from the Bible. You must not get out much if you actually walk around day by day insulting young girls who may have had too much to drink or decided to play a game and chose to have a little fun.