7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

Reunion Movie

snake63

[1]May 20, 2009
    • level: 20
    After the lackluster second series finale there needs a reunion movie with all of the Camdens. They can call it 7th Heaven: A Camden Christmas. One big question has to be resolved is that did Simon got married?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sallenj

[2]May 20, 2009
    • level: 16

Probably so. Although it was never explicitly said on the series, Ruthie darkly hinted that Eric and Annie would be happy about some news from Simon "It depends on whether you like the girl." Depending on how far in the future the movie is set, Ruthie may be married too.

Not sure we're going to get a reunion movie any time soon, though. And I think the "Christmas" theme for reunions has been done to death, so maybe they should do something else for a story. Just my opinion.

Jon_MW_14

[3]May 21, 2009
    • level: 39
    I think it's too soon for a reunion. I think in about 10 years they should do a reunion episode.
    sallenj wrote:

Not sure we're going to get a reunion movie any time soon, though. And I think the "Christmas" theme for reunions has been done to death, so maybe they should do something else for a story. Just my opinion.

I agree.

sallenj

[4]May 26, 2009
    • level: 16

Okay, if we're eliminating the Christmas theme for a reunion movie, how about one of these for a premise? The family gets together again at the old home place for:

1) Simon's wedding (It's a touch stale, and it's been done before, in the 10th Season finale, but it would still be fun, if wwe could like his wife this time)

2) Ruthie's Wedding

3)Sam and David's high school graduation

4) Eric's retirement from the ministry

5) Eric's funeral (Or the Colonel's. If it was Eric's death, the show could be lots of remembrances and clips of old times, as well as catching us up on how the Camdens have fared in the years since the show ended. Of course, it would be very final, and irretrievably sad, which are not exactly what you are looking for in a reunion movie, but it's just a thought. Plus, it could be adapted to any of the characters if one of the original cast didn't want to come back, like say, Jessica Beal.)

Okay, anybody else have any ideas for a plot or premise for a 7th Heaven reunion movie? Let's hear them.

peach_25

[5]May 26, 2009
    • level: 4
    Well the christmas theme has been done too many times over, Ruthie's wedding or Sam and David's graduation would be perfect. As to who Simon married Ruthie said that they would be happy hinting at that they already know the women from before. My guess who be someone Simon dated that they really liked.

Jon_MW_14

[6]May 26, 2009
    • level: 39
    I'm not much into wedding episodes because they are boring IMO. Sam and David's graduation sounds like a good idea.

Horselover1

[7]May 29, 2009
    • level: 18
    I also like the idea of the theme being Sam & David's graduation.