7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

Stephen Collins - 7th Heaven Reunion?

Barrybgb

[1]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 23

I found this new interview with Stephen Collins at www.tvguide.com However, getting the exact link for all of you wasn't working. I don't know why. If somebody would like to try and go there and get the link, that would be great. But here is basically what he said in the interview :

It starts off talking about his new movie on the Hallmark Channel. He says how Hallmark is where it's at and they are really the only place that does what they do. That kind of clean, family movies and all that. Now, 7th Heaven, he says -

"If there were to be a reunion movie, and I don't know how there could not be, Hallmark seems to be the place where it would happen at"

"The CW didn't 'get' 7th Heaven. They just sort of 'inherited' it"

"I would love to go back there"

"Me and Brenda talked about doing a reunion movie before the show ended. If it had still been the WB, those deals would already of been made"

That's basically it. Man, I hope there is a reunion show. Brenda is working for ABC Family now, her new show seems to be a hit, and ABC Family used to be 7th's home for a long time. Maybe it could happen there too?.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

txgirl75

[2]Jul 11, 2008
    I love for their to be a move that be awsome.

txgirl75

[3]Jul 11, 2008
    I love for their to be a movie that be awsome.

Barrybgb

[4]Jul 11, 2008
    txgirl75 wrote:
    I love for their to be a movie that be awsome.

It sure would. I mean, 7th Heaven is the kind of show that lends itself to a reunion movie or two....or three. Lol. It's sort of like The Brady Bunch. They can have a series of reunion specials. The Brady's did, Eight Is Enough had a few, and Growing Pains had two. Why not the Camdens?. I would love to see a 7th Heaven Christmas reunion movie. How great would that be?!.

sallenj

[5]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 16

Yeah, me too. But it's early yet. Maybe at the 5 year mark, we might get something. My questions are two: Would it be a "made for Tv" movie (more than likely), or a theater release (not so likely)? Even a made for TV would be good, though. Second, how much cash would they have to stack in front of Jessica Biel (and Maybe even Mackenzie Rosman, depending on how her carreer goes before then) to get them to come back? And would they be willing to pay that for a made for TV movie? Finally (I know. I'm way past two), if not, would a reunion movie be worth it if all of the Camdens didn't at least put in an appearance?

Oh, and what would be a suitable plot? "Mary Christmas" anyone?

Barrybgb

[6]Jul 11, 2008
    sallenj wrote:

Yeah, me too. But it's early yet. Maybe at the 5 year mark, we might get something. My questions are two: Would it be a "made for Tv" movie (more than likely), or a theater release (not so likely)? Even a made for TV would be good, though. Second, how much cash would they have to stack in front of Jessica Biel (and Maybe even Mackenzie Rosman, depending on how her carreer goes before then) to get them to come back? And would they be willing to pay that for a made for TV movie? Finally (I know. I'm way past two), if not, would a reunion movie be worth it if all of the Camdens didn't at least put in an appearance?

Oh, and what would be a suitable plot? "Mary Christmas" anyone?

"Mary Christmas". Lol. I'm writing it!!. Ha ha.

It is a bit early, but if we can get a series of reunion specials out, we don't want to wait too long in between. It would obviously be a Made For TV movie. I could never see them actually doing a big screen, theatrical movie. While that would be cool, I see the Camdens fitting in just perfect for the small screen.

Who would come back?. Stephen, Catherine, Beverly, George, as well as Savannah and Sam and David. I think Mackenzie would return, possibly even David. Jessica and Barry would be the harder ones to get. Would it be worth it?. I think so. I mean, we all enjoyed the show when regulars were gone and only made sporadic appearances, and then they didn't even make those in the end. I think we can get by if at least Eric, Annie, Lucy, Kevin, Ruthie, and the twins are there. Even if Simon and Matt are just cameo appearances, or nothing at all, I would still take that over nothing. I would just love to be in Glen Oak and the house again.

mischalover1777

[7]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 11

I would LOVE a reunion movie!!!

That would be so great!! But I would really love if EVERYONE came back: Stephen, Catherine,Barry,David,Jessica,Beverly,Mackenzie and Nicolas and Lorenzo and George, Haylie etc.

VGFreak8

[8]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 53
    I would also love a reunion movie or a reunion special even! I really would want all the Camdens and some other major characters to be in it, but like Barrybgb said, it's better than nothing. I also want them to do an E! True Hollywood Story about it! That would be cool too!

ktfahel

[9]Jul 11, 2008
    I would love to see some kind of reunion movie, or somesuch. I'm going through such bad "7th Heaven" withdrawal! I finally got a job, so I haven't been able to watch it on Hallmark any more. It's so bad that last night I had a dream that Stephen Collins and I were singing Karaoke professionally together! (And, before you think anything untoward, we were being managed by his wife - his REAL LIFE wife, Faye Grant - and my husband and girls were traveling with us...yes in an RV.)

sallenj

[10]Jul 11, 2008
    Wow! That's pretty bad. Can't you just tape the episodes or DVR them to watch later? That's what I do, since I work nights, and have to sleep days. It's not as good as new episodes, obviously, but it does take the edge off.

Barrybgb

[11]Jul 12, 2008
    ktfahel wrote:
    I would love to see some kind of reunion movie, or somesuch. I'm going through such bad "7th Heaven" withdrawal! I finally got a job, so I haven't been able to watch it on Hallmark any more. It's so bad that last night I had a dream that Stephen Collins and I were singing Karaoke professionally together! (And, before you think anything untoward, we were being managed by his wife - his REAL LIFE wife, Faye Grant - and my husband and girls were traveling with us...yes in an RV.)

Lol!. That's some dream. Sounds like a TV show in it's own right.

ktfahel

[12]Jul 12, 2008

sallenj wrote:
    Wow! That's pretty bad. Can't you just tape the episodes or DVR them to watch later? That's what I do, since I work nights, and have to sleep days. It's not as good as new episodes, obviously, but it does take the edge off.

Would love to, but I wouldn't have time to watch the tapes (we don't have DVR). I can tape the occasional favorite ep (like when the one where Peter Tork is in it), but don't know when I would get to see it. I have 2 little girls, and my husband is a truck driver, so I like to spend a little time with him when he gets home.

sallenj

[13]Jul 12, 2008
    Oh, okay. It was just a thought.

Jon_MW_14

[14]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 39
    A 7th Heaven reunion would be great. I would love to see a movie with mostly everyone in it.

LILY_YELLOW20

[15]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    I would love that!

sallenj

[16]Jul 14, 2008
    Just a note about the Stephen Collins interview. It is posted at mackrosman.net. When you get there, click on Message Board, then News, Articles, Newspapers, Magazines (All one Click), and it will be under Stephen Collins Interview. It's relatively short, but he talks about his new Hallmark movie, Spamalot, and a possible 7th Heaven reunion movie. In all, a fun read.

Barrybgb

[17]Jul 14, 2008
    sallenj wrote:
    Just a note about the Stephen Collins interview. It is posted at mackrosman.net. When you get there, click on Message Board, then News, Articles, Newspapers, Magazines (All one Click), and it will be under Stephen Collins Interview. It's relatively short, but he talks about his new Hallmark movie, Spamalot, and a possible 7th Heaven reunion movie. In all, a fun read.

He's been getting some good notices for his role in the new movie too. Good for him!.

razberry1

[18]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 6
    Barrybgb wrote:

I found this new interview with Stephen Collins at www.tvguide.com However, getting the exact link for all of you wasn't working. I don't know why. If somebody would like to try and go there and get the link, that would be great. But here is basically what he said in the interview :

It starts off talking about his new movie on the Hallmark Channel. He says how Hallmark is where it's at and they are really the only place that does what they do. That kind of clean, family movies and all that. Now, 7th Heaven, he says -

"If there were to be a reunion movie, and I don't know how there could not be, Hallmark seems to be the place where it would happen at"

"The CW didn't 'get' 7th Heaven. They just sort of 'inherited' it"

"I would love to go back there"

"Me and Brenda talked about doing a reunion movie before the show ended. If it had still been the WB, those deals would already of been made"

That's basically it. Man, I hope there is a reunion show. Brenda is working for ABC Family now, her new show seems to be a hit, and ABC Family used to be 7th's home for a long time. Maybe it could happen there too?.

I would love for the to happen too, BUT with the original cast. Hicks, Collins, Mitchell, and so on--NOT someone playing the part. That just kind of ruins the dynamics.

alirk

[20]Nov 11, 2009
    • level: 22

[/QUOTE] I would love for the to happen too, BUT with the original cast. Hicks, Collins, Mitchell, and so on--NOT someone playing the part. That just kind of ruins the dynamics. [/QUOTE]

I agree...I hate when they replace the original actor/actress with someone else. It's so lame! Also an E True Hollywood Story would rock, but I don't know if that'll happen...