TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

Stephen Collins - 7th Heaven Reunion?

ChzTVStarr16

[21]May 19, 2010
    • level: 8
    -bumps an old thread-

I was just thinking about how awesome this would be, BUT only if the original cast returned - like you all said. I know they did a Brady Bunch movie that had completely different cast members. It's definitely not as special. I know in the Christmas reunion, some of the original cast members didn't return and were replaced.

All I can say is, if this ever does happen, I hope all of the original cast members could find it in their hearts to return. Especially Barry Watson, Jessica Biel, and David Gallagher - since we didn't see them at all in season 11. The best thing about all 10 [since the 11th season doesn't count] seasons of 7th Heaven is they kept all of the original cast and didn't replace them when the actors and actresses had other priorities. I would have them be written off than replaced.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

oreo_cookie5m

[22]Jun 10, 2010
    • level: 10
    I'd love if they did it similar to what they did with the Brady series, only if an actor can't come they come up with an excuse why the character isn't there. The Camdens are like the Brady's of the 00' genre. I'd love if it if were like Brady 500 where it centered around one character having a huge storyline (Bobby) instead of just some Christmas special. My personal preference would be Simon, but I wouldn't care who it was really. I just would love to see a reunion sometime.

Barrybgb

[23]Jun 21, 2010
    • level: 23
    It would be great to see the gang again.

Several months back, the idea of a reunion movie was brought up to Jessica Biel in a magazine article. She said it was something she would consider if it ever came to be.

sallenj

[24]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 16

oreo_cookie5m wrote:
    I'd love if they did it similar to what they did with the Brady series, only if an actor can't come they come up with an excuse why the character isn't there. The Camdens are like the Brady's of the 00' genre. I'd love if it if were like Brady 500 where it centered around one character having a huge storyline (Bobby) instead of just some Christmas special. My personal preference would be Simon, but I wouldn't care who it was really. I just would love to see a reunion sometime.

I could see everybody coming back for Sam and David's high school graduation, and give the twins the big story for the movie, since they never got to carry much story weight on the series. I don't know if that would fly with the fans, though. So, maybe Simon, or Ruthie, or even Lucy. I could see a Christmas special like Barrybgb's "Mary Christmas", where the story centered on Mary, too. And, if you wanted to focus on Matt, there's always his final conversion to Judaism (After 'Holy War' started such a big row, maybe some of the same tensions would resurface.). I guess it depends on how controversial they wanted to be. Probably, with a reunion movie, not very.

sallenj

[25]Jun 25, 2010

Barrybgb wrote:
    It would be great to see the gang again. Several months back, the idea of a reunion movie was brought up to Jessica Biel in a magazine article. She said it was something she would consider if it ever came to be.

That's cool. She would be the one I would worry about coming back, especially after she made such a big deal about wanting off the show originally. Plus, she's really the one who's become the biggest star since leaving the show--although Mack Rosman's not doing bad for herself. Does anybody know what magazine the article was in? Or a general time frame for when it was published?

Edited on 06/25/2010 10:34pm

ChzTVStarr16

[26]Jun 28, 2010

sallenj wrote:

I could see everybody coming back for Sam and David's high school graduation, and give the twins the big story for the movie, since they never got to carry much story weight on the series. I don't know if that would fly with the fans, though. So, maybe Simon, or Ruthie, or even Lucy. I could see a Christmas special like Barrybgb's "Mary Christmas", where the story centered on Mary, too. And, if you wanted to focus on Matt, there's always his final conversion to Judaism (After 'Holy War' started such a big row, maybe some of the same tensions would resurface.). I guess it depends on how controversial they wanted to be. Probably, with a reunion movie, not very.

I've mentioned Sam and David's high school graduation previously. (I don't know if on this site, but somewhere). That would be a perfect reunion. But that's not until 2017. (The same year my baby sister graduations high school). It would also be exactly 10 years since the series ended - a perfect time to return, no? A Merry Christmas show would be good too. (:

Edited on 06/28/2010 2:51pm

HeavenWood

[27]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 19

It would defiantly be cool to see some day. Even a sit down get together like the Cosby show did several years ago they just reminisced about the series and talk about some behind the scenes things, the Brady bunch also did similar. Be neat to see Sam and David as teenagers, right now they would be 11 which is kind of hard to believe.

I would want same cast members if someone could not or did not want to return which can be the case. Like Alyssa Milano (sp) a few years ago there was talk of a Who's the Boss reunion and she said she would not do it nothing against the show or her former co-stars but that she just considered that her past and did want to go back. She said they were welcome to recast her character Sam if it ever happened.

I would much rather they just make an excuse of why the person is not there or have them saying "I just got off the phone with " person" (he/she) says hi family is doing great. They hope to come and visit in a few months etc. I always thought maybe a get together of kids and grandkids for Erec and Annie's 40th wedding anniversary should be in 2018. Since in second season 1997 fall they had their 19th anniversary, so they would married Fall 1978.

Edited on 07/12/2010 3:02pm

alirk

[28]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 22

sallenj wrote:

oreo_cookie5m wrote:

I would say no on the twin storyline. Ugh, the twins annoyed me as little kids, I can't imagine what they'd be like as (almost) grown men...

ChzTVStarr16

[29]Sep 26, 2010

You never know, they might grow up to be normal, fully functional grown men. Despite how annoying they were on the show, I do enjoy pondering their futures.

Edited on 09/26/2010 2:05pm

Barrybgb

[30]Apr 9, 2011
    I don't know how many, if any, of you are on Twitter, but Stephen and Beverly are on there. I follow both of them. Quite frequently, they re-tweet other tweets people send to them wanting a reunion movie. They are both like "We want one too!". I think it will happen someday. Beverly is on Brenda's show on ABC Family now. Mackenzie was on. Barry directed an episode. The 7th family is still around. I think it will happen, and it will probably be on ABC Family when it does.

sallenj

[31]Apr 12, 2011

Thanks for passing that on, Barrybgb. Let us know if you hear anything more.

alirk

[32]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 22

Barrybgb wrote:
    I don't know how many, if any, of you are on Twitter, but Stephen and Beverly are on there. I follow both of them. Quite frequently, they re-tweet other tweets people send to them wanting a reunion movie. They are both like "We want one too!". I think it will happen someday. Beverly is on Brenda's show on ABC Family now. Mackenzie was on. Barry directed an episode. The 7th family is still around. I think it will happen, and it will probably be on ABC Family when it does.

I think ABC Family would be the perfect network for a reunion movie...I hope it happens soon!

txgirl75

[33]May 6, 2011
    I don't why ABC family quit showing it but it would be nice if they brought back. I mean they got the room for it.

archangelwho

[34]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 18

The show and the cast was in such a mess at the end I'm unsure how they would do a reunion story. What would be the storyline?

ChipsTheButler

[35]Aug 18, 2011
    • level: 9
    I don't know

sallenj

[36]Aug 18, 2011

Well, there has been some discussion (on this thread, I believe) about what the storyline would be for a reunion movie. There were some good ideas batted around. Besides that, have you read any of the "fanfic's" on the forum here? There were several pretty good complete "12th Seasons", that were better than the 11th season of the actual series, as well as some that were started, but never completed. So, resurrecting good 7th Heaven storylines isn't a lost cause, even with the damage done to the story and the cast by Season 11.

You also have to keep in mind that for a reunion movie, they would probably be able to get back a lot of the old cast that either couldn't or wouldn't stay committed to a weekly tv show all those years. So, we would probably get Matt, Mary, and Simon back for sure, as well as maybe getting cameos by Cecila, Shauna, Sandy, or other recurring characters, depending on the story, and the actors' availability. That means the cast won't be the problem that it was in Season 11. If we're lucky maybe we won't even have to deal with the 11th Season additions like Jane, Margaret, or T-Bone.

As far as the story, I do think that at the end, the actors and writers of 7th Heaven were burnt out, and just hanging on. Everyone thought 10 was going to be the last season, then an 11th Season got thrown together at the last minute, which didn't help the quality any. A reunion movie, by contrast, would see a rested and rejuvenated cast and crew, as well as fresh writing.

For all of these reasons, I don't think you can prejudge a reunion movie based on the state of the series at the end of its run.

oreo_cookie5m

[37]Dec 30, 2011
    • level: 10

I agree. This show is at it's best when the majority of the kids are around. I just hope if they do a reunion that they don't kill of Eric and that they don't bash Mary. I'd like to think 5-6 years after the show ended Mary has gotten her life straightened out.

On another note, Stephen Collins wrote on his twitter that he hopes a reunion will happen next Christmas. I'd love to see a Christmas reunion =D

Edited on 12/30/2011 2:37am

sallenj

[38]Dec 30, 2011

oreo_cookie5m wrote:

I agree. This show is at it's best when the majority of the kids are around. I just hope if they do a reunion that they don't kill of Eric and that they don't bash Mary. I'd like to think 5-6 years after the show ended Mary has gotten her life straightened out.

On another note, Stephen Collins wrote on his twitter that he hopes a reunion will happen next Christmas. I'd love to see a Christmas reunion =D

Yeah, that would be cool. I wonder if he meant just a cast reunion (I'm still waiting for the "True Hollywood Story" type special on the show.), orf if it will be an actual tv movie, or even a straight to DVD release? (I'm pretty sure a big screen treatment is out of the question at this point.) They could even use Barrybgb's "Mary Christmas" script.

I agree with you about not killing Eric off (I still cringe when I think about the "Reverend Camden is going to die" story from Season 11.), and/or Mary bashing. They did turn the corner on Mary in the 10th Season finale, though, and at least give her an opening for a road back into the bosom of the family. Maybe the movie could complete her return to the good graces of the family (Specifically, eric and Annie.), then anything in the future would go on from there.