7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

Submissions

robinepowell

[1]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 63

Hey people!

As you know by now, I'll accept most submissions that come my way.

I've decided to make some changes to the 7th Heaven guide.  From now on, I'm not going to have under Notes that Barry Watson (Matt), Jessica Biel (Mary), David Gallagher (Simon) and Mackenzie Rosman (Ruthie) mentioned in the episodes they're NOT in.  Obviously they're not here this season and that also goes for past seasons when the actors decided to duck out of the show.  Mackenzie Rosman will be back but only as a guest star (and eventually as recurring), so same thing still applies to her.

So please don't go trying to add the above mentioned actors are not in in a particular episode, past or present.  Just stick with Stephen Collins (Eric), Catherine Hicks (Annie), Beverley Mitchell (Lucy), Lorenzo & Nikolas Brino (Sam & David), George Stults (Kevin), Tyler Hochelin (Martin) and Haley Duff (Sandy).

Thanks for your cooperation!

P.S.  There's a LOT of overhauling that myself and Buffannelove (my T.U. for 7th Heaven) need to do in order to ge the guides ship shape.  Seasons 1-9 were just "moved" over from TVTome and the former editor did not want to fix it up.  Which is how I came to at the top of the contribution list and now editor.

Edited on 11/13/2006 7:25pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mrpotato531

[2]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 8

If Mackenzie Rosman does end up returning for the entire season, then she should be considered a series regular.  As of now, we know she's in episodes 7-13, but that deal was made before the show was picked up a full year.  So if she's back for good and she doesn't appear in, say, episode 17...then there's nothing wrong with submitting her one-time absence.  If she is only back for these 7 episodes, then obviously the aforementioned guidelines make complete sense.  I'm sure we'll learn about Mack's status in the next few weeks since they usually film episode 14 right after Thanksgiving.

UPDATE: Given the recent release of sides for February episodes, and the message on stephencollins.com, it DOES appear that Mackenzie has officially rejoined the cast as a regular now.  I guess she just took 6 episodes off.

But I'm happy about this....seeing these "Jessica Biel" and "Barry Watson" submissions for the last several years has gotten unnecessary!

Edited on 11/09/2006 9:54am

LilMary

[3]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 12
    mrpotato531 wrote:

If Mackenzie Rosman does end up returning for the entire season, then she should be considered a series regular.  As of now, we know she's in episodes 7-13, but that deal was made before the show was picked up a full year.  So if she's back for good and she doesn't appear in, say, episode 17...then there's nothing wrong with submitting her one-time absence.  If she is only back for these 7 episodes, then obviously the aforementioned guidelines make complete sense.  I'm sure we'll learn about Mack's status in the next few weeks since they usually film episode 14 right after Thanksgiving.

UPDATE: Given the recent release of sides for February episodes, and the message on stephencollins.com, it DOES appear that Mackenzie has officially rejoined the cast as a regular now.  I guess she just took 6 episodes off.

But I'm happy about this....seeing these "Jessica Biel" and "Barry Watson" submissions for the last several years has gotten unnecessary!

Awesome...I'm glad she has. Thanks!

Dawnsdinosaurs

[4]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 40
    Thank you for not having those on anymore.  If they're not listed as being in the episode on with the rest of the cast that's enough.  I never understood why they were there in the first place.

robinepowell

[5]Nov 13, 2006

Dawnsdinosaurs wrote:
    Thank you for not having those on anymore.  If they're not listed as being in the episode on with the rest of the cast that's enough.  I never understood why they were there in the first place.

Yeah I agree with you on that. I always thought it obvious to say, Barry & Jessica weren't on each episode of each season and the same for David Gallagher. The way I see it, if they're only on a guest stars then they don't need to be mentioned as not appearing in every episode. As for Mackenzie Rosman, I'll wait and see if she's around for the whole season or not before adding her as a main star. If Mackenzie does appear in every episode from now on, I'll put her as a main star again.

Edited on 11/26/2006 7:16pm

robinepowell

[6]Nov 26, 2006

For new memebers who want to submit stuff: http://www.tv.com/tv.com-general-user-support/tv.com-help-center/topic/15904-258936/msgs.html#5

This should help you figure out the correct way to do that on TV.com.  Just scroll down until you see this: Trivia Form.   Actually if you read the whole page, it explains all the rules of TV.com.

Edited on 11/26/2006 7:14pm

mrpotato531

[7]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 8

Lately, submissions have also been not quite factual.  For instance, one person who may have seen tonight's episode but not last week's probably saw Mac and then submitted the note that he returned, when they weren't aware that he was also in last week's.  Thing is though... those mistakes shouldn't be getting approved, that's why there's a submission process.  I think robine does a great job but there was so much crap posted here in the past (after the tv.com site switched over) and the reliability dramatically decresed.  Notes and trivia should really continue to be more closely proven to be true before being approved.  So far so good though this season, I think.

robinepowell

[8]Nov 29, 2006
    Thanks, I think.

NovaScotianDude

[9]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 16
    Yeah. I really didn't this that the thing about Jessica and Barry were really secessary either. I mean we all know they moved on, so why bother saying they are not there...

VGFreak8

[10]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 53
    Yeah, it was redundant saying which episodes they were or weren't in.

robinepowell

[11]Nov 30, 2006
    True, the way I see it, if you're a main star and you are associated with a current show and their current season and you don't appear in an episode, then there should be a mention of said star not appearing.

7thHeavrnRox

[12]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 3

Hi.. this is slightly off topic but a few days ago I sent a few quotes in , not knowing you had to put those little bold signs around the names.

That's not the point though. Would someone be kind enough to tell me exactly how you send quotes in? Like what those symbols ARE that must be put around the names and all. Thankies!

NovaScotianDude

[13]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 16
    robinepowell wrote:
    True, the way I see it, if you're a main star and you are associated with a current show and their current season and you don't appear in an episode, then there should be a mention of said star not appearing.

Exactly. Only if u r actually on contract for that season. But we already knew that Jess and Matt left to persue other things, so there was no need to mention it.

LilMary

[14]Dec 9, 2006
    • level: 12
    robinepowell wrote:

That's true....Jess isn't really a part of them anymore, aside from her ONCE starring on the show. Matt and Simon as well, but at this point I think Ruthie would be worth mentioning since she has returned for the time being at least

robinepowell

[15]Dec 17, 2006
    7thHeavrnRox wrote:

Hi.. this is slightly off topic but a few days ago I sent a few quotes in , not knowing you had to put those little bold signs around the names.

That's not the point though. Would someone be kind enough to tell me exactly how you send quotes in? Like what those symbols ARE that must be put around the names and all. Thankies!

Follow the link at the top of page one.