7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

What we don't know about 7th Heaven...

sallenj

[1]May 26, 2010
    • level: 16

Posting in the "10 things" thread got me to thinking. It's amazing how little we know about some of the characters, even the ones who were on the show every week. So, I was thinking, for instance, "The things we don't know about Carlos would fill a book"--or a topic thread. This is that thread. I'm not looking for existential stuff like "Where is Heaven?" or anything that esoteric, but for instance, what exactly does Carlos do for a living? I know he "works in his father's business", but what is his father's business? The mob? Selling cheap ipod knockoffs from China? We just don't know.

Okay, so that's one:

1. What exactly does Carlos do for a living?

2. If Annie is blonde and Eric is blonde, how did Ruthie and Mary wind up with black hair (Or is it just really dark brown?)?

3. What is Cecilia's favorite food?

4. For that matter what are any of the characters favorite foods? (I think we're told Mary likes spaghetti with meat sauce, but other than that...)

5. Why don't we ever meet (or even hear about) Margaret's parents?

6. What did Sandy want to tell Simon at the end of Season 10?

Okay, you get the idea. So, what else don't we know?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ChzTVStarr16

[2]May 29, 2010
    • level: 8

Um. Mary and Ruthie both have brown hair. Their hair doesn't even appear black?? And Matt has brown hair too. Also, Eric's hair is brown.

What we don't know...

7) The names of Matt and Sarah's twin boys, or Mary and Carlos's twin girls. How dare they not tell us. D<

8 ) Why didn't the writers of 7th Heaven bother to be consistent with the character's ages? We know Lucy's 13th birthday was supposed to be in January 1997; then suddenly she's 20 in season 6 when she should have been 19. Did the Camden kids magically skip years or what? When are their birthdays?

9) What is Hank and Julie's son's name?

Edited on 05/29/2010 10:04pm
    Edited 3 total times.

sallenj

[3]Jun 8, 2010

ChzTVStarr16 wrote:

Um. Mary and Ruthie both have brown hair. Their hair doesn't even appear black?? And Matt has brown hair too. Also, Eric's hair is brown.

What we don't know...

7) The names of Matt and Sarah's twin boys, or Mary and Carlos's twin girls. How dare they not tell us. D<

8 ) Why didn't the writers of 7th Heaven bother to be consistent with the character's ages? We know Lucy's 13th birthday was supposed to be in January 1997; then suddenly she's 20 in season 6 when she should have been 19. Did the Camden kids magically skip years or what? When are their birthdays?

9) What is Hank and Julie's son's name?

I have to agree with all of those. Not only were they not consistent with ages, but we don't know any of their birthdays, except for Sam and David, who we saw born.

What I was trying to say with the hair question was, since neither Annie or Eric has dark hair, and dark hair is a dominant genetic trait, how could two light haired parents have dark haired kids? But anyway...

10. What are the birthdays of any of the characters--besides Sam and David?

11. At the end of Season 11, is Eric really miraculously (sp?) healed? Or is he lying to the family, and still going to die soon? They raised the question, but never definitively answered it--at least not that I saw.

alirk

[4]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 22

11. Whatever happened to Robbie? (This may have been answered, but I don't remember)

oreo_cookie5m

[5]Jun 10, 2010
    • level: 10
    12. How is Ruthie's skin darker than the rest of the Camdens?

I've always wondered this. If this was answered in the series then sorry for asking, I haven't seen the whole series.

sallenj

[6]Jun 25, 2010

alirk wrote:

11. Whatever happened to Robbie? (This may have been answered, but I don't remember)

All they said was that he went to Florida to visit his mom. That was just a passing remark, then he was just gone, and we never heard any more about him. Kinda weird.

13. What are the characters middle names?

I know Eric's middle name is John, and Annie's is Mae, but do we know any of the others? It seems amazing, with that many kids, and Annie getting upset with them like she did, that we never heard "Matthew Michael Camden! What did you mean using the meals on wheels van to go on a date?" or something like that (As the old saying goes, you really know you're in trouble when your mom uses your middle name. ). Personally, I like Mary Louise Camden. I'm not sure about the others, although I think Ruthie Jeannette makes sense, since, that way, she's named after both of her grandmas, instead of just one of them.

Okay, sorry. Getting back on track:

14. What is Annie's dad's name? (I'm sure they covered it, but I just can't remember. It was just always 'Daddy', or "Annie's dad' or "Grandpa."

ChzTVStarr16

[7]Jun 28, 2010

:
    14. What is Annie's dad's name? (I'm sure they covered it, but I just can't remember. It was just always 'Daddy', or "Annie's dad' or "Grandpa."
    It's Charles. Remember, Mary and Carlos named their son "Charles Miguel"? After two of his grandfathers.

15. What happened to Patty Mary? (It's mentioned that she met a guy at the airport on the way to Lucy and Kevin's wedding...then she's gone...)

16. How did Mrs. Beaker adopt one of Happy's puppies when that Dwight kid did? Mrs Beaker was NOT Dwight's mother.

17. Why did Sarah leave Matt in season 8? (I have a feeling he might have been getting chummy with the nurses... that, and the stress of 'competing with your husband')

Edited on 06/28/2010 2:45pm

sallenj

[8]Jul 1, 2010

[QUOTE="ChzTVStarr16"]

:
    It's Charles. Remember, Mary and Carlos named their son "Charles Miguel"? After two of his grandfathers.

[QUOTE]

You're right. I knew they had mentioned it, but I just couldn't think of it. As far as Matt and Sarah, he did get a bit friendly with that pretty nurse, but they never showed it going anywhere improper. I think it was just the stress of being newly married, in a new/strange city, and living and working together constantly. It was just too much stress, and too much "togetherness", at least as far as I could tell.

HeavenWood

[9]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 19

:

I know Eric's middle name is John, and Annie's is Mae, but do we know any of the others? It seems amazing, with that many kids, and Annie getting upset with them like she did, that we never heard "Matthew Michael Camden! What did you mean using the meals on wheels van to go on a date?" or something like that (As the old saying goes, you really know you're in trouble when your mom uses your middle name. ). Personally, I like Mary Louise Camden. I'm not sure about the others, although I think Ruthie Jeannette makes sense, since, that way, she's named after both of her grandmas, instead of just one of them.

Where do we learn that those are Eric and Annie's middle names? It makes sense that Eric middle name would be after his dad. Over at 7th heaven wiki they listed the following as middle names I take it with a grain of salt because I have never seen any what I would call legitimate source that gave this information.

Matthew Eric - Mary Anne - Lucy Rebecca - Simon Peter - Ruth Jennifer - Samuel Joshua - David Paul

It was indicated at end of season 3 that Simon's birthday was sometime in early/mid May because he said in the finale that he had just turned 13. We Know Lucy birthday is in January. When were Matt, Mary and Ruthie born?

Genes can be funny as long as someone has a particular gene they can pass it on to their offspring. So Annie has blonde hair but could also carry the gene for darker hair and thus pass it on to her kids. On the other hand Eric could also have the gene for blonde hair (his sister Julie is blonde I think) I am no expert in genetics but from what I understand everyone has two hair gene colors, one is the color that their hair is the other is just there but can be passed on to offspring.

Edited on 07/12/2010 3:52pm
    Edited 5 total times.

sallenj

[10]Jul 12, 2010

HeavenWood wrote:

:

Where do we learn that those are Eric and Annie's middle names? It makes sense that Eric middle name would be after his dad. Over at 7th heaven wiki they listed the following as middle names I take it with a grain of salt because I have never seen any what I would call legitimate source that gave this information.

Matthew Eric - Mary Anne - Lucy Rebecca - Simon Peter - Ruth Jennifer - Samuel Joshua - David Paul

It was indicated at end of season 3 that Simon's birthday was sometime in early/mid May because he said in the finale that he had just turned 13. We Know Lucy birthday is in January. When were Matt, Mary and Ruthie born?

Genes can be funny as long as someone has a particular gene they can pass it on to their offspring. So Annie has blonde hair but could also carry the gene for darker hair and thus pass it on to her kids. On the other hand Eric could also have the gene for blonde hair (his sister Julie is blonde I think) I am no expert in genetics but from what I understand everyone has two hair gene colors, one is the color that their hair is the other is just there but can be passed on to offspring.

Good work, Heavenwood!! I knew about Lucy's birthday being some time in January, but had never caught the reference about Simon. Have to check on that. As far as middle names, I'll have to check the exact episodes, but Annie's dad called her "Annie Mae" a time or two, and I think it was Grandma Ruth or the Colonel who mentioned Eric's middle name being John, after the Colonel. As for the middle names on wiki, boy those are awful! I suppose I could live with Mary Anne and David Paul, and I had to laugh out loud at Simon Peter (It makes sense to name him after both names of the first apostle.). Ruth Jennifer is in line with what I said earlier about Ruthie being named after both of her grandmas, but it sure is a mouthful. Personally, I like "Ruthie Jeanette" better. I just want to know who came up with Lucy Rebecca or Samuel Joshua? Ugh. I'm like you, though, I don't trust them, since they weren't listed on the series, or in any "official" info.

As far as the hair color, I agree with you about the two gene idea, with only one determining the hair color. My point was that blonde is a recessive trait, meaning that it only shows up if both genes are for blonde hair. So, if both Annie and Eric are blonde (or light haired), they wouldn't have any dark hairedgenes to pass on, so they couldn't have any dark haired kids. Anyway, it's a nitpick.

ChzTVStarr16

[11]Aug 14, 2010

The 7th Heaven wiki is loaded with incorrect information. I've had to edit it repeatedly because it read false information, or information that was never revealed. Then, after I edit it, it seems someone always comes back and adds in the false information again.

I believe whoever the culprit is comes from the realm of 7th Heaven FanFiction. Seeing as the names they have used were in a 7th Heaven fan fiction that I read, and only that fan fiction (created by a fan, not an actual 7th Heaven writer).

They also said that Mary's kids were named Emma and Grace; and Matt's James and John. As far as we know, Matt and Mary's kids were never named, thus this is deemed incorrect information.

Remember, Wiki can be edited by anyone.

Edited on 08/14/2010 12:08pm

sallenj

[12]Aug 14, 2010

Yea, that's why I don't trust wiki for anything. Just a couple of notes:

1. On the birthday front, in the 4th Season finale,"Love Stinks, Part II", it is mentioned that Deena's birthday is "next month," presumably June. I thought it hinted that Simon's b-day was "next month" (ie June) too, but in rewatching it, that's not actually said. So, for those keeping track at home,

1. Sam and David were born on February 14th

2. LUcy's birthday is some time in January

3. Simon's birthday may be in May,

and

4. Deena's birthday is in June.

Oh, and I know it's not a birthday, but Eric and Annie's wedding anniversary is in September.

Also, for what it's worth, in "Losers", the 5th season episode where Mary is supposed to bring a pizza home for she and Ruthie to share after work, it's mentioned that Ruthie's favorite pizza is hamburger, sausage, and pepperoni. So, now we know two Camden's favorite foods.

LuvMyTeenDramas

[13]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 4

I've been watching 7th heaven online and just happened to be watching season 5 episode 12 called "one hundred" (I assume it was the 100th episode), and it was Eric's Birthday! It was the one where he calls Buffalo to speak to Mary and George tells him she left on a plane for Glenoak, and then Eric jumps to the conclusion that she has run away and her and Robbie have some plan to run off together. Turns out it was all a surprise for Eric's birthday and the whole family is in on it. Mary's incoming flight ends up delayed so much that she only has time to talk with Eric at the airport and fly right back out. When he gets home there is a surprise party waiting for him that includes friends, family, and parishioners. TV.com says it originally aired on 1/29/01, so I guess we can assume that Eric's birthday is sometime in January too.

txgirl75

[14]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 23
    alirk wrote:

I think Annie said something aout that he went back to stay with his mother because she was sick..