7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

Where are they now?

sallenj

[1]May 15, 2013
    • level: 16

So, does anyone have news on what the stars of our favorite show are doing now? I know Mack Rosman is making horror flicks. Beverley Mitchell released a music CD, and then got married and had a baby, and every now and again, I see Jessica Biel starring (or at least playing a supporting role) in a new film, in addition to getting married herself. Those are really the only three I hear anything about though. Does anyone out there here news about the other stars--or even the role players like Ashley Simpson?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ktfahel

[2]May 25, 2013

Stephen Collins (Eric) has been VERY busy! He was a regular on "Private Practice" and "No Ordinary Family", has done a lot of guest stintson numerous other shows, and appeared in the movie "Three Stooges".

Catherine Hicks (Annie) has been doing a lot of bit work: voiceovers, guest stints, indie movies, etc.

Barry Watson (Matt) has been busy on television. He had his own series, "What About Brian?" and wasa regular on "Samantha Who?" and "Gossip Girl", along with some TV movies.

David Gallagher (Simon) was a regular on "Numb3rs" and did a LOT of guest shots on series like "CSI", "Vampire Diaries" and "Vegas", and was in the movie "Super 8".

The Brinos (Sam & David) have probably been going to school.

Christopher Michael (enter-rank-here Michaels) has been doing work in such diverse shows as "iCarly", "Grey's Anatomy", "Pretty Little Liars", "General Hospital", "Franklin & Bash", "Sons of Anarchy" and had a regular bit on "The Secret Life of the American Teenager".

Scotty Leavenworth (Peter Petrowski) guest-starred in "Bones", "Desperate Housewives" and "The Forgotten".

Sarah Thompson (Rose) has done a lot of little-seen movies, and some TV guest spots, including "All My children".

Chaz Lamar Shepherd (John Hamilton) had regular parts on "the Parkers" and "the Game".

IMDb has a lot of information on these...and many, many more!

sallenj

[3]May 25, 2013

ktfahel wrote:

Stephen Collins (Eric) has been VERY busy! He was a regular on "Private Practice" and "No Ordinary Family", has done a lot of guest stintson numerous other shows, and appeared in the movie "Three Stooges".

I guess I had heard about his being in "No Ordinary Family", but had no idea he was in the Stooges movie.

Catherine Hicks (Annie) has been doing a lot of bit work: voiceovers, guest stints, indie movies, etc.

Barry Watson (Matt) has been busy on television. He had his own series, "What About Brian?" and wasa regular on "Samantha Who?" and "Gossip Girl", along with some TV movies.

I had heard about "What About Brian", but it didn't last long as I remember.

David Gallagher (Simon) was a regular on "Numb3rs" and did a LOT of guest shots on series like "CSI", "Vampire Diaries" and "Vegas", and was in the movie "Super 8".

Hmm. Hadn't heard about him at all, since he guest starred on "Smallville."

The Brinos (Sam & David) have probably been going to school.

!! Imagine that.

Christopher Michael (enter-rank-here Michaels) has been doing work in such diverse shows as "iCarly", "Grey's Anatomy", "Pretty Little Liars", "General Hospital", "Franklin & Bash", "Sons of Anarchy" and had a regular bit on "The Secret Life of the American Teenager".

I did see him on Secret Life, but haven't watched that show since the first season, except when Mackenzie did her guest spots.

Scotty Leavenworth (Peter Petrowski) guest-starred in "Bones", "Desperate Housewives" and "The Forgotten".

Now that you mention it, I did see him on Desperate Housewives, but I never watched it regularly, just had friends that did.

Sarah Thompson (Rose) has done a lot of little-seen movies, and some TV guest spots, including "All My children".

Did I see her on Buffy or Angel, or was that my imagination?

Chaz Lamar Shepherd (John Hamilton) had regular parts on "the Parkers" and "the Game".

IMDb has a lot of information on these...and many, many more!

Thanks for the info, kt. I know I could look it up on wiki or IMBD, but I'd rather hear it from people who might have seen them. Plus, I hoped it might spark a discussion on the board, which is always more fun than just checking a website.

Edited on 05/25/2013 6:08pm

ktfahel

[4]May 26, 2013

Yeah, I figured. I had seen Collins on "No Ordinary Family" (my family never missed an episode) and knew that Watson has been busy (it seemed like I'd seen his name everywhere). I also remember seeing Michael on a COMMERCIAL!!! I just decided to back up my knowledge with research.

To answer your question about "Rose", she played Evein the final season of "Angel". I didn't know because I stopped watching when Connor came on. To me, Connor was the "Cousin Oliver" of "Angel". That was also a year BEFORE she did "7th Heaven", and I limited my research to pre-Heaven.

I was bummed to find out that Andrea Ferrell (Heather) has no credits post-Heaven. That is sad; she was so good, and cute.

sallenj

[5]May 30, 2013

ktfahel wrote:

Yeah, I figured. I had seen Collins on "No Ordinary Family" (my family never missed an episode) and knew that Watson has been busy (it seemed like I'd seen his name everywhere). I also remember seeing Michael on a COMMERCIAL!!! I just decided to back up my knowledge with research.

To answer your question about "Rose", she played Evein the final season of "Angel". I didn't know because I stopped watching when Connor came on. To me, Connor was the "Cousin Oliver" of "Angel". That was also a year BEFORE she did "7th Heaven", and I limited my research to pre-Heaven.

I was bummed to find out that Andrea Ferrell (Heather) has no credits post-Heaven. That is sad; she was so good, and cute.

That's strange. I know this should be common knowledge, but isn't she truly deaf? That might make it harder for her to find roles. The only other deaf roles I've seen were on Sue Thomas, FBEye. That was headlined by a very good actress that I've only seen in one other role outside of thart show, and it was basically a bit part.

ktfahel

[6]May 30, 2013

Well, yes, she IS really deaf, and I agree that there isn't much of a market for a deaf actress, but Marlee Matlin has still been very active. I guess I was just hoping that Andrea would luck out. Couldn't they have called her for a part in "Switched At Birth"?

I also loved Deanne Bray in "Sue Thomas F.B.Eye". Her IMDb shows that she has been VERY active since that show.

sallenj

[7]Jun 13, 2013

ktfahel wrote:

Well, yes, she IS really deaf, and I agree that there isn't much of a market for a deaf actress, but Marlee Matlin has still been very active. I guess I was just hoping that Andrea would luck out. Couldn't they have called her for a part in "Switched At Birth"?

I also loved Deanne Bray in "Sue Thomas F.B.Eye". Her IMDb shows that she has been VERY active since that show.

You're probably right. I wonder if Deanne Bray would have fit in as a guest star on 7th Heaven somehow? She seemed, at least on Sue Thomas FBEye to be someone who would fit right in with the spirit of the show.

ktfahel

[8]Jun 14, 2013

sallenj wrote:

ktfahel wrote:

You're probably right. I wonder if Deanne Bray would have fit in as a guest star on 7th Heaven somehow? She seemed, at least on Sue Thomas FBEye to be someone who would fit right in with the spirit of the show.

OK, now you're just trying to make me sad. That would have been a match made in TV heaven.

sallenj

[10]Jun 18, 2013

ktfahel wrote:

sallenj wrote:

ktfahel wrote:

OK, now you're just trying to make me sad. That would have been a match made in TV heaven.

Well, maybe they could work her into the reunion movie. Speaking of which, has anyone heard about any developments there? I know there was talk about it at one time, and it has been six years now. Just wondering.

IvanMay

[11]Jul 30, 2014
    • level: 5

Thanks for clearing all this up!