7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

Which Season of 7th Heaven was Mackanzie Rosman at her best as Ruthie?

3333Joshua

[1]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 1

Which season or seasons of Mackanzie Rosman did you enjoy her as Ruthie Camden the most and felt she put on her best performances?

Was it

7th Heaven Season 1?

7th Heaven Season 2?

7th Heaven Season 3?

7th Heaven Season 4?

7th Heaven Season 5?

7th Heaven Season 6?

7th Heaven Season 7?

7th Heaven Season 8?

7th Heaven Season 9?

7th Heaven Season 10?

or

7th Heaven Season 11?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sallenj

[2]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 16

Okay, first, just to clarify, it's Mackenzie, with an 'e', NOT Mackanzie with an 'a'.

Now that that's out of the way, are you asking when Mack did her best acting on the show, or when we liked the character best? Because the two don't always overlap.

3333Joshua wrote:

Which season or seasons of Mackanzie Rosman did you enjoy her as Ruthie Camden the most and felt she put on her best performances?

Was it

7th Heaven Season 1?

7th Heaven Season 2?

7th Heaven Season 3?

7th Heaven Season 4?

7th Heaven Season 5?

7th Heaven Season 6?

7th Heaven Season 7?

7th Heaven Season 8?

7th Heaven Season 9?

7th Heaven Season 10?

or

7th Heaven Season 11?

3333Joshua

[3]Aug 10, 2012

I apologize about spelling her name wrong and yes I meant which season of 7th Heaven did you like Mackenzie Rosman as Ruthie the best?

sallenj

[4]Aug 10, 2012

3333Joshua wrote:

I apologize about spelling her name wrong and yes I meant which season of 7th Heaven did you like Mackenzie Rosman as Ruthie the best?

Oh, okay. I think there were at least 3 (and maybe 4) distinct stages of the Ruthie character. First was roughly seasons 1-4, when she was essentially the baby of the family, who was there for cute: Simon's shadow, coloring on the walls, obsessing over "Snappy" the dinosaur, and so on.

Second was grade school/middle school Ruthie, roughly seasons 5-8 or so, when she was the sneak, the spy, and the smartest kid on the planet, with a big hearat: going to private schools, "winning" the garage apartment, and giving sage advice. Third was Moody Teenager Ruthie, Seasons 9, 10, and arguably 11 (Although 11 could be considered a 4th iteration of the character: Selfish, self absorbed, jerk, and generally dumb as a box of rocks. Mary 2.0, circa season 5.).

Anyway, Mooody Teenager Ruthie mooned over Martin, sparred with Simon, and fought her parents--but deep down, she still had a good heart.

I liked all three stages, on one level or another, except for Season 11 Ruthie. I wanted to like her, but it was just not possibel some times. Only when she occasionally reverted to "real" Ruthie was 11th Season Ruthie likable.

Otherwise, I probably would say that I liked Season 5-8 Ruthie best, and of those seasons, I probably liked the character best in Season 5 or 6.

How about you?

3333Joshua

[5]Aug 10, 2012

I would say that my favorite seasons of 7th heaven with Mackenzie Rosman as Ruthie was Seasons 5-7 because at that time she was such a fun preteen and also very smart.Although if I had to pick just one season I liked her best it would be 7th Heaven Season 6 because she was so witty and funny.

Edited on 08/10/2012 6:45pm

mercygirl

[6]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 2

I liked Ruthie the best in the earlier seasons 1-3 because she was adorable and really talented for a child actress. She said her lines really clearly and you couldn't help but fall in love with her, she was so innocent. I really liked Ruthie most of the time, until she got in that pre-teen age because she turned really snotty and just plain mean!

ktfahel

[7]Sep 13, 2012

I have to agree with Mercy. Once she got pre-teen, she was a know-it-all and a stereotypical too smart & cool for her age TV kid. I also agree with sallenj in that Ruthie Season 11 was the all-time worst.

ChipsTheButler

[8]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 9
    Nude scenes!

sallenj

[9]Sep 30, 2012
    ChipsTheButler wrote:
    Nude scenes!

Of which there were none. So, could you PLEASE try to stay on topic, Chip?