7th Heaven Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

"XMAS", Season 10 Christmas Episode

ktfahel

[1]Dec 24, 2012
    • level: 16

Merry Christmas!!! I managed to snag this episode and have it as a standalone DVD to watch every Christmas. It's one of my all time favorite episodes of the show, and definitely one of my favorite Christmas "specials" that I never miss. Has anyone else thought of this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sallenj

[2]Dec 25, 2012

I don't know, ktfahel. It was a pretty good episode, I guess, although, just from 7th Heaven, I liked the Christmas episodes "Christmas" and "Here Comes Santa Claus" better. And I definitely liked "Turkey", the 10th Season Thanksgiving episode better than any of them.

So, what specifically did you like about "X-Mas"? Was there something that elevated it above any others? As I remember, it made the point of dealing with "Christmas-ites" who only like the gifts and trappings of the holiday, but don't understand its meaning. I had to watch it twice to understand that was the meaning of the title, though (Those who exclude Christ from Christmas).

ktfahel

[3]Dec 27, 2012

That's exactly what I love about it! They went brave and, although not PC, totally discussed the CHRISTIAN aspect of Christmas. I loved the discussions on the tradition of Santa and the history of St. Nicholas, and couldn't believe that they actually dared - in HOLLYWOOD - to show a person accepting Christ (although they couched it with the phrase "convert to Christianity").

Yeah, the power coming on right at that moment is cheese beyond cheddar, but I still love it.

In other words, "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."