7th Heaven

Leaps of Faith

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 09, 2005 on The CW

• In this somewhat boring episode we see Simon stressing over whether he will die because he had sex, a woman with two sick children, a Kevin/Lucy spat, a moody Martin, and...wait...is that...Peter?

Towards the end of a season I usually expect the best episodes of the season. They are meant to tie everything up and create more exciting storylines for the viewers to look forward to for the next season. That is what they are meant to do, but this episode (the epi right before the two-part season finale), left me very unsatisfied. "Leaps Of Faith" seemed out of place and was just a very awkward, pointless episode. The only thing this episode accomplished was letting us know that Martin's father was coming home from Iraq.

*Simon & his STD Crisis~ I can't tell you how sick I am of this stupid storyline. Sure, it was good for the first 6 episodes, now it's just a tad bit annoying. Nothing left for me to say.

*Children with Sickle Cell Anemia~ Awwww! I felt so bad for those children. It was bad enough that they had sickle cell anemia, but did they really have to have two feuding parents? Honestly, I don't think, if I was their mother, I would have trusted her husband again. He was selfish and downright irresponsible for leaving them in the first place, how does she know he won't leave again? I'm guessing she decided to work things out with him so they could all be a family and the two girls could have their father back. I appreciated the show informing people about this horrible disease. Thank you Writers!

*Lucy & Kevin~ Ah! Onto the Kinkirks! I can't believe Lucy would assume her mother would take care of Savannah, but what I can't believe more is that Kevin would give up his day job, literally. I wouldn't think Kevin would actually volunteer to take days off and work nights. I don't know, Kevin's weird at times, but he has good intentions. I think Lucy has good intentions as well, but I just don't know how they're gonna make it work. Oh well, I guess we'll see.

*Martin & Zoe~ Is it just me or was Martin a little moody in this episode. From the very beginning he was irritable and cranky. I actually felt bad for Zoe in this episode and I don't even like Zoe. Martin had no right to blame Zoe for him missing his father' phone call. He should have brought his cell. And Martin should have asked RevCam in the first place whether he could go out in the middle of the night with Zoe. Martin asks him for everything else, why not this? One more thing I must add...Martin turn off your phone during a wedding! Or atleast put it on vibrate so it doesn't ring right in the middle of the vows! I was happy that his father is coming home though! Now we can have some Martin/Ruthie action! Yes! I'm a big Ruthin fan (or Marthie as some people call it).

*Peter & Company~ Oh no! He's back! "Honey" boy is back! And..oh no...he brought Paris...and...is that...Vic! NOOOO! I can't stand that whole family. They just bother me. Now they're back and Paris and Vic are getting married...in the Camden's family room? Um, okay, whatever floats your boat. I can't believe Ruthie in this episode. She actually wanted Peter to like her again and why did Peter lie to her? This storyline was so stupid and don't worry Vincent, even you are hotter than Peter.

This episode was not the best. It was just...there. It didn't really satisfy me so I'll give it a 6/10 and that's being generous.

ODD 'N ENDS:

*Whay would teacher assign a homework project that would require teenage girls to go out to the park by themselves in the middle of the night?

*Were Zoe and Martin boyfriend/girlfriend in this episode? I thought they broke it off. I'm so cnfused.

*Why don't the Camdens say "bye" or "cya" when they get off the phone with someone? Isn't that a litle rude to just hang up?

*This episode including most of my least favorite characters:
    Peter, Vic, Paris, Vincent, Zoe...now if only Chandler and Roxanne showed up...we could have a party.