7th Heaven

Ring Around the Rosie

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 10, 2005 on The CW

• This episode was great!

Simon tells Eric and Annie about him and Rose living together. They say that they can't and Simon accepts that. He tells Rose that she has to move out. It turns out that he wanted her to the whole time. Sandy wants to talk to Reverend Camden about her pregnancy. Lucy helps one of the teen girls in her class, Lizzie. Martin confides in Lucy that he and Sandy slept together and that she is pregnant. Ruthie reveals to Annie that getting Jack might be the first step to getting Martin. Sam and David have new girlfriends now.

This was a great episode! I think that Ruthie is really off balance with her dating life. I thought that Sam was really nice and great for Ruthie, but Ruthie just wants someone who is sexy. I can't believe that Martin threw out all his morals and ethics about sex and is now going to be a father. I'm glad that Simon wanted Rose to move out. This episode gets a 10 out of 10!
  • great one. they could mean "ring around the rosie" in a couple of ways. i think its either ringing around rose, as in everything thats goin on is 4 her, and then ring around the rosie as in simon put a ring around roses finger in this one..... ... .......

hhahhahha ha i loved this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it was funny when simon was talking to sandy and rose about his dad and sandy says something and simon is like "rose listen to me. her opiniion doesnt really count." and sandys like "oh, thanks. well maybe your opinion doesnt count. maybe i'll talk to your dad" and simons like "NO, you cant" and sandys like "i could...." and simons like "NO.. this isnt the trip to bring up sandys pregnancy to my dad. It'll only make things worse. he'll think of our getting pregnant." and sandys like "NO he WOnT! and then rose is like "i'm with her. i dont think he'll thik that. " it was sooo funny. that was the best part of the eppy prolly...
  • I absolutely loved it!

Here's how it lays out...
    Ruthie-wanting to get with Martin. She's wanted to for a while. Its been obvious ever since the hug, but its nice to see her admit it.
    Simon-finally buys that engagement ring. I'm surprised personally, I hate Rose, and many other viewers I talk to do so as well.
    The Twins-girlfriends? A brilliant add to the show. The twins are finally starting to become known this season. Well done.

Everyone else has their own little plots, but these were my favs.
  • As this episode's title suggests, Simon and the family finds themselves ringing around the Rosie.

Overall this episode was much better than I expected. At this rate, I expect that there will be an 11th season...this show is still going strong, even though it wouldn\'t hurt for it to end after this great season (so far). This week\'s was by far better than last week\'s.

I\'m just going to do a short review b/c I find that my long reviews are tedious and not many people read them anyway:

Simon - David Gallagher is getting too much screen time. Anyone else agree? I mean I\'m very glad that he\'s back full-time, very glad that Simon\'s not just focusing on sex anymore, but it\'s still too much for some reason. It\'s like every other scene has Simon in it these days. Simon or Rose that is. I love the character of Simon, but let\'s focus a little more on Daddy Kevin (even though I can\'t stand George Stults; the guy is barely getting any screen time), or Ruthie! I mean I know last week\'s episode was devoted to Ruthie, but it seems like the past four episodes have been devoted to Simon and Rose! Let\'s use a little bit less Rose; a little more Kevin, Ruthie, Eric/Annie perhaps?

The engagement ring was so farfetched and unrealistic. And Rose didn\'t even say thank you, jeez. Rose was much more annoying in this episode. She was almost starting to grow on me, and then she just had to act all...like Rose. I didn\'t like that.

Ruthie - Not much, but man did I like that scene w/ her and Annie! It\'s about time for a mother/daughter talk. And Annie finally got to the root of Ruthie\'s problems, something Eric couldn\'t do. So that\'s why Ruthie\'s obsessed with Jack...to get to Martin. I have to say I honestly didn\'t see that one coming. I thought she really liked Jack, even though I couldn\'t understand why. But now I do. And I love the storyline; and Ruthie was so much more tolerable in this episode. But what was with the ending where Eric nearly choked at the idea of Ruthie and Martin dating? I thought he wanted those two together. They would make a good couple.

Lucy/Kevin - Well Lucy was really amazing in this episode. The father/daughter scene was so well done. Lucy\'s counseling session w/ Lizzie went so much better than I expected, probably better than some of Eric\'s counseling sessions.

As for the Lucy/Kevin argument, it was way too short. Arguments don\'t get resolved that easily, especially since Kevin did technically lie to her by hiding important news from Lucy. I really wish they had expanded this storyline and reduced Simon and Rose\'s role for once. We need to see Kevin and Lucy working things out as a couple, not always individually.

And why not show Savannah crawling? That would have been a great scene.

Martin - The end scene was so touching, in my opinion, and Tyler Hoechlin did a fantastic job, better than usual, I must say! I think we\'re all getting the idea now that Martin in fact DOES care what\'s going on, he\'s just very disappointed w/ himself that he can\'t even bring himself to say what he\'s done. Like I said in another thread, Sandy needs to chill and give him some time. She always has the option of getting an abortion if this pregnancy is so inconvienent for her.

I\'m really glad the writers are redeeming Martin\'s character a little bit, by finally suggesting that he does care. Martin has always been my favorite character since the 8th season b/c we\'re the same age and we used to have the same personality. Now I can see where the writers are going with this...Martin seems genuinely sorry, whereas Sandy seems to think this is a game or something, by forcing Martin to be there for her every step of the way. Hello...give the guy at least two weeks before you force him to marry you and attend birthing classes with you! Jeez.

Anyway, overall I thought this episode was VERY good. The twins storyline, however, was completely lame. Honestly is relationships all they have on this show? Is it that hard to show the twins doing some kind of sport, or in school, or something besides dating? Gosh, they\'re six years old for crying out loud! I understand the confusion about marriage and wanting a girlfriend to be w/ for the rest of your life, but not at 6 years old. Maybe 9 or 10. This storyline was completely a waste of time, in my opinion. And David really needs to get his hair cut, b/c the long shaggy hair isn\'t good at all.

I\'m personally glad Meredith wasn\'t in this episode; and I hope that when Martin and Ruthie DO get together, she\'ll be out of the picture. She\'s a fine actress, but completely irrelevant as a regular.

As for next week, Matt\'s back! Yay! Hopefully w/ an update on medical school and Sarah. It would be so nice to see Carlos again, and have a family episode again. Anyway can\'t wait for next week\'s episode! Looks very dramatic!

Once again I must say, if 7th Heaven keeps this up, the chances of an 11th season are VERY high. Not one episode yet has been even close to terrible, whereas this time last year we were watching a crappy bird storyline and Aaron Carter on our screens. What a BIG difference. Keep up the good work, 7th Heaven!

Quote:

Notes:
    - Simon, once again, please dump Rose. No one likes her. We all want her to go.

- I can\'t express how much I LOVED the scene at the end b/w Martin and Lucy. It was great job, especially on Tyler Hoechlin\'s part.

- Savannah\'s crawling now? Come on writers, SHOW this stuff! Stop w/ the dialogue, start showing this stuff.

- I can\'t wait for Matt next episode! The next episode looks like it\'s going to be really good.
  • After not even bothering to review Mama's Gonna Buy You a Diamond Ring, I'm back.

I already posted a review in the 7th Heaven forum, so I'll try not to have this be merely a carbon copy. I thought this was the best episode so far this season. I am fully aware that we are only four episodes in, but that doesn't change how I feel. Like with any episode (not just for this show, but for any show), it wasn't flawless, but there's no such thing as perfect right?

Eric/Annie: I was glad to finally see Annie doing some parenting. Scenes with Annie parenting have become few and far between these days. The scene with Eric asking Lucy for help was touching. That scene had shades of the relationship those two had with each other way back when. Now onto the bad. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out why Eric was so shocked to find out that Ruthie was interested in Martin. Let me guess. Eric doesn't want Martin to date Ruthie either. For that matter, I don't think Eric wants Ruthie dating period. Is it his decision though? I don't think so. This isn't the olden days where parents would hand pick who their children would marry based on who they saw fit. Eric should allow Ruthie to date whoever she wants. She should be allowed to make her own mistakes when it comes to dating. That's one way that people learn, by making mistakes. Then, there's the Rose issue. I'm kind of torn on the Rose issue. On one hand, I think Eric and Annie should just butt out and let Simon and Rose be. That is mainly for the aforementioned reason concerning Ruthie. (let him make his own mistakes, yada, yada) On the other hand, I do feel that Eric and Annie DO have a say in the matter because Simon looks to Eric for financial support and if Eric isn't pleased, he could just pull the plug on the financial support.

Kevin/Lucy: What I seriously don't get is why Lucy was so surprised Kevin was shot at? I mean being a police officer, getting shot at is kind of a big part of the job description. What surprised me is that I thought Kevin and Lucy tell each other everything (as Lucy said in last season's episode "Vote") yet Kevin didn't tell Lucy he quit his job due heavily to him being shot at. I don't feel that the little squabble the two of them had was very realistic, but then again this IS just a tv show. That's ok with me though. The way I see it, we've seen enough of Lucy and Kevin fighting to last us a lifetime, so one less argument is perfectly ok in my books. I think Lucy did a great job counseling Lizzie. It was sweet of her to be there when Lizzie told her parents. I especially loved the last scene of the episode where Martin tells Lucy that he is an expectant father. By far, that was the best scene in the episode in my opinion.

Simon/Rose: Ugh. Rose is like a boomerang. You throw her out, and no matter how far you throw her, she always comes back. Ok, so maybe that wasn't the best analogy. Some people have commented on them liking Rose and/or Rose growing on them, but in my case, neither are true. I still can't stand Rose, so no change there. I think the root of me not liking Rose surpisingly isn't that she's stubborn, demanding, and selfish (among many other adjectives with a negative connotation), but rather that she pressures Simon into doing things that he wouldn't normally do on his own. Let's face it. Simon has admitted that Rose being Rose makes him do things he wouldn't normally do and THAT is my problem with her. I feel strongly that one should stay true to oneself. In other words, one shouldn't compromise who they are in an attempt to please someone else. One shouldn't let anyone mold, shape, or change him or her. I think we all know who wears the pants (and will wear the pants) in Rose and Simon's relationship, Rose! Rose just moved herself right in without even asking Simon. She's been pressuring Simon to move up the wedding date without so much as discussing it with him or asking for his opinion. They are a couple, and communication is a key to a good relationship. One person can't go around making all the decisions for the couple if the two of them are to have a healthy relationship. Which brings me to why in God's name did Simon get Rose an engagement ring? I thought he didn't have the money. I am sorry but I don't think Rose is worth getting in debt over. I kind of feel that it was a last ditch effort to get Rose to shut up and quit whining, complaining, and pressuring. Like 'I got you a ring, now will you SHUT UP?'

Ruthie: So Ruthie wanted Eric to tell her that he didn't want her dating that sophomore, Sam. What is it with Camdens and getting someone to break up with their boyfriend or girlfriend. Why can't they just do it themselves? Let's flash forward. Say Ruthie is 40 years old and for whatever reason, she decides to get a divorce. Now is Ruthie going to get her daddy to break the news to her husband? Please say no. Grow up Ruthie! What might help is breaking up with people yourself. That is a part of the growing up process I feel. I loved the scene where Annie finds out the cause of Ruthie's dating problem. In my mind, that was the second best scene of the episode. So Ruthie wants to date Jack because Meredith was dating Jack when Martin noticed her, so Ruthie feels that if she were to date Jack, Martin would notice her. I never saw that one coming. Talk about a wacky plan! I, like many other Martin/Ruthie shippers were glad that Ruthie finally admitted she had feelings for Martin. Now only if the two of them could become a couple. My heart went out to Sam, the sophomore she dumped, because unfortunately for him, he was dumped for superficial reasons. Like Ruthie said, he was a nice guy, but she wasn't looking for nice.

Martin: I must say that I am glad that Martin's character was redeemed in this episode. I didn't like the direction his character was going as of late. Putting myself in Martin's shoes, I would've probably reacted the exact same way albeit I don't know for sure as nothing that life changing has ever happened to me before. I mean I would have probably had difficulty coming to terms with it at first and would thus refuse to believe it or refuse to admit it. Eventually though, I'd come around and come to the realization that there's no escaping the truth. I personally see Martin as the victim here not Sandy. I mean my heart went out to Martin because this is such a life changing event and it just so happened to be the consequence of just one mistake that he happened to make. Sandy on the other hand, apparently has slept with a myriad of guys. I'm sorry, but with a reputation like that, I can't feel sorry for her. Which leads me to believe that Martin isn't the father. I mean it's been pointed out that Sandy has gotten around so to speak, so maybe just maybe one of these random guys she's had sex with is the father and not Martin.

Sam/David: I can't believe these two are concerning themselves with girlfriends! They don't even know how to spell girlfriend although I was shocked that they knew that a girlfriend is someone you love and want to marry. I agree with Eric and Annie, you can't buy love. The two or three scenes with the twins in it made me want to bang my head on the wall or something, but I'm sure the Sam/David fans were going "Aww! How cute!" Just for the record, me = NOT a Sam/David fan!

So while this episode had its not-so-good scenes, the really good scenes in my mind more than made up for that. I am excited to see next week's episode. It should be interesting to see how the Camdens react to Martin's secret seeing as he is not just a close friend of the family, but is practically a part of their family since he did after all live with them for around 2 years. It should also be interesting to see how many of the Camdens find out next Monday. I can't wait.
  • So very Camden!

This is by far one of my other favorite episodes of Season Ten. "Ring around the Rosie" is proof that 7th Heaven has still got "it" even in its tenth year. I felt that it was extremely well-written, and as much as it was dramatic, it was funny. The scene with Simon, Eric and Annie at the table was really funny, but the looks on Eric and Annie's faces when they received the news about Rose was priceless. Although, I also loved how much this episode centered around Lucy ( even though she isn't my fav character)her storyline was extremely well done. She is definitely maturing into a woman, and now I really do believe she is meant to be a minister like her father.Too bad Ruthie's role wasn't important, but that happened in the previous episode,at least she finally admitted she has feelings for Martin. They would look so cute together! And the twins were so funny...girlfriends at five, I thought that was so camdenlike. It all made for an exciting episode!
  • If I hear the word "pregnant" one more time...

7.6
    The best I can say is that this episode was better than last week's embarrasment. But it was still nothing more than a mediocre, middle of the road episode. So far this season, everything has felt like just one long episode. Something in one of the storylines might add a little something, but it all feels like it's just going around in circles. And unfortunatley, none of it is very interesting. The new regulars(although Meredith was nowhere to be found in this episode)are outstaying their welcome about as much as characters can. Every week, the character of Rose gets worse and worse. And not in a good way. Not a way where it's great drama or makes you want to watch. It's the opposite. She's horrible and it's uncomfortable and unsettling to watch her. The Sandy thing is getting old too. I wish they would let us know if Martin really is the father. How much longer are they doing to drag this out?. Seriously, the women in Simon's life now are unbearable. I wonder if Deena is seeing anyone?. And Ruthie. Well, I'll get to her a bit later. The Lucy aspect of the show was the only thing that worked and was somewhat interesting, even though the majority of her story here was a recycled story of another story of another story of another story. No, it wasn't as bad as "Mama's Gonna Buy You A Diamond Ring", but it wasn't all that great either. Let's get into it it, shall we?...

The main drama here is with Simon and the ongoing nuisance that is Rose. On the boards, I have stated that maybe, because of some spoilers that have come out regarding her home life, that she will turn out to not be so bad and may have a reason for being the way she is. After this episode, I can't see anything redeeming her and making me like her. Not even a little bit. Rose has moved in with Simon. Annie and Eric, after getting some news from Simon in last week's episode, think that the two have broken up. Simon finally tells them that they have not, and that Rose has actually moved in with him. Needless to say, neither one of them is happy with this. The scene with the three sitting at the table was kind of silly with how there was this moment of silence and them all acting odd. I've seen this before. That kind of scene doesn't work repeatedly. Eric basically tells Simon that he and Rose can't live with each other. He and Annie are paying for Simon to live there, not him AND Rose. Simon tells them, quite easily and without fanfare, that he will go back and tell Rose that they disapprove, they can't live together, and she needs to move out. Eric and Annie know that that was way too easy. Something else is up. But we all know that Rose is not giving up without a fight. Of course not. She's not that civilized. She is mad and upset, and basically says she is not moving out and Simon's parents can't make her. But Simon doesn't want here there either. He isn't ready to live with her. He says he still loves her and wants to marry her(Why Simon?. Why?). Rose finally relents, but not until Simon gives her the ring that she wanted. He says he can give her one of the things she wants(the ring), but the wedding will have to be talked about more. She seemingly agrees. Simon keeps saying he loves her, but does he really?. He knows how she is, and sees how everyone else reacts towards her. Is he really that much in love with this devil woman?. Is Rose gonna change somewhere down the line?. If she does, it's too little too late for me. There is nothing that is going to make me like this woman. But David Gallagher is still a good actor, and he does very well with his scenes.

Ruthie. I don't think I'm the only one here who is having problems with Ruthie. I have always liked Ruthie, and always defended her, but I find it getting harder and harder. Finally, after talking with Annie, she lets it be known that she may actually have feelings for Martin. We knew this was coming last season. I guess the writers like taking a looooooooong time to state the obvious. I am not one who is in favor of a Ruthie/Martin hook up. It just seems wrong. They don't have the kind of chemistry in that department for it. The fact that he towers over her also makes it look ridiculous. But most of all, I have been disappointed in Ruthie for being shallow and superficial. Blowing off this nice kid and obviously hurting him. Saying she wants someone hot and so on. I always thought Ruthie was better and more mature than that. This season, she is being anything but. And so what if a guy is hot?. Your dating the "hot". You are dating the person. Does it matter to Ruthie who this person even is at all?. If he's a jerk, will it not matter because he's hot?. She is doing this because she is interested in Martin. But she still speaks about the 'hot' factor. Even about Martin. Does she really like him for him or because he's hot?. Hot doesn't last forever. A good person does.

The only thing I really liked about this episode, well mostly, is Lucy's part. Not necessarily the case, but seeing her do her job and handling it very well. One of the girls in her class says that she has had sex with her boyfriend and is pregnant. *sigh*. Another girl having sex and getting pregnant. Where have I seen that before?. Lucy gets upset and comes crying to Eric that she failed in her class and is not doing a good job if one of her students is having sex and gets pregnant. This is a pretty good scene. Beverly Mitchell is pretty good in it, and I don't really say that too often. But the girl turns out not to be pregnant, and she and Lucy still have a talk with her parents. Which goes very well. But the best part was the ending. Martin comes to talk to Lucy about Sandy. I wasn't surprised that it was Lucy that he came to talk too. It was quite sweet and touching, really. I am curious to see how this turns out, and how Lucy handles it all. I just hope they get to the meat of it soon and not let it drag on and on and on. Tyler Hoechlin was pretty good(albeit still nothing special)in that last scene.

A smaller storyline going on here has the twins thinking they have girlfriends. It was a pretty small part, really, and nothing that took up too much time or took away from the episode. But I would rather watch them than Rose!. It was a cute little side story, but nothing more than filler. The twins want to buy their "girlfriends" presents. Perfectly normal, since they see the grown ups do it and probably think that is what you do. God knows I thought so too and did as well when I was little and had a crush on a girl I liked. Granted, most of my presents were made by me, or something I picked up along the way. It was harmless little fluff and was meant as nothing more than being cute. Look at the little kids thinking they have girlfriends/boyfriends!. Isn't that cute?. That's all it was.

In the end, "Ring Around The Rosie" didn't have much to offer. At least not to me. The title was good, and the end scene with Lucy and Martin was really good. At least it was better than last week.
  • -

I really, really, realy liked this episode. I haven\'t really liked any episdoes so far this year, but this one was good. It put most of its focus towards Lucy and Simon and didn\'t really care as much about Ruthie and her stupid dating life. And I thought the whole thing with Lucy and Martin at the end was really well wrote.

Though I find 3 grammatical errors by Lucy, Kevin, and Simon that drove me nuts for a while. I can\'t remember them though.
  • they like to tie all the storylines together

Tonight's theme was you have to be strong enough to do it yourself ran rampant through everyone.
    Starting with Simon who got the Rev and Mrs Camden to say no they do not want Rose to live with him. Continuing to Lucy's girl from her abstinence class who needs to tell her parents she is pregnant. Back to Ruthie who wants her Dad to put his foot down and not allow her to date the really nice boy Martin tried to fix her up with.
    Revalations though did come to light and the kids are starting to get things with little push from their parents ie Lucy's private conversation with her Dad.
    Next week looks far more interesting but if we didn't have this week then maybe that wouldn't be so.
  • Lucy's character is turning around.

I loved this episode. So many good things happened. My fav though is...I think Lucy is really turning around. She's becoming a more mature person. I think Lucy is going to better and finer things as an associate pastor for the church.

Not only that, but Simon and Rose...their minor fight was awesome. I hope many more fights between them are in the future. I think he needs to get rid of her.
  • Eric gets his kids to take responsibility

Again the message of this episode deals with taking responsibility for your actions. Also dealy with are he issues of teen-age sex. Lucy and Ruthie tried and Simon suceeded in a quest to get their dad to get them out of sticky situaions. The girls and Simon learned hat you have to deal with your own affairs.
  • i am so exited my heart is beating fast.

this was great. it was very satisfiying for a fan.

lucy- she was great. she was great and with helping. she was really was smart. i am so happy martin told her. i am glad that it was akward for him.

siomon- i am glad he finally told rose the truth. it is a good compromize but she does not deserve it. i hate rose.

ruthie- annie is so smart. ruthie finally admitted she liked martin. there has been chemestry for so long.

twins- i loved there girlfriends. the whole thing was so cute.

i love martin and ruthie
    they are perfect for each other
    this was a dream epesode
  • Shiocking Episode

First of all some of this episode was funny especially when Eric, Simon and Annie are all at the kitchen table and theres about a minute of silence

The most shocking part of the episode at least in my opinion is when Martin tells Lucy about him getting Sandy pregenant so will see what the camdens think about the news next week!

Finally i would like to say i can not stand the character Rose played by Sarah Tompson she is so annoying if she was my gf i couldn't be with her shes to controlling so will see what happens next week!
  • This episode was okay. But not horrible.

Wow, I finally have time to review a 7th Heaven episode! lol

Well I had my big Sudoku puzzle book for this one, so if something bores *cough* twins *cough* me I have something to do. But before I get started on todays episode I just have to say something about next weeks episode. I really REALLY hope that they don't take advantage of Barry Watson (Matt) like they did last year. Matt's always been my favorite character since I watched the show, and this might be his last appearence on the show, so I want to see him actually being used instead of telling Martin "Sex before marriage is bad, shame shame" like they made him do with Simon last year.

Now this weeks episode......

Hey Ruthie and Lucy, guess what?! The nominations for "the most spoiled and selfish pair of sisters" award for the 05-06 season are here, and you guys are nominated! A big congrats to you guys, your parents must be so proud!

I mean really, hasn't anybody told Ruthie that personality is the only thing that should matter in a person? And Lucy complaining that Kevin didn't tell her he was shot at. She should be thankful that he didn't get hurt or let alone killed! Geesh!

But, this is going to sound really weird to a lot of people, I'm loving Rose. Yeah she should of done the right thing and tell Simon to return the ring, but think about this. Rose is the first regular that this show has had that's not a goody two shoes that's not pregnant, got someone pregnant, or has an addiction. That's what I like about her.

But something I didn't like was all the "Let's talk about sex with Lucy Camden" part of the show. Thank God for Sudoku puzzles.

I was going to give this episode a C+ rating, but the end made me give this a B. Looks like it's going to be a wonderfull episode next week!

Rating: B (7.5)
  • seventh heaven is the best show on earth!

i cant wait until the 10th season starts !!
    it sounds soo good_i hope martin and ruthie get together !!! 7th heaven is thew best show on earth~!!i cant wait until lucy finds out that kevin is quitting the police career becasue he nearly got killled and not only that but he didnt tell lucy first___he told people at a mommy and me session ohh i cant wait this season is gonna be the best
  • I am so happy that Ruthie finally realizes her feelings for Martin, instead of the other boys that she had liked, (i.e. Harry, Peter, Vincent). I mean don't get me wrong I liked Peter, but I didn't like Harry and Vincent.

I am so happy that Ruthie finally realizes her feelings for Martin, instead of the other boys that she had liked, (i.e. Harry, Peter, Vincent). I mean don't get me wrong I liked Peter, but I didn't like Harry and Vincent. Finally Ruthie is starting to use her brain.
  • Finally Ruthie Realizes her true feelings towards martin i mean it was so obvious!

Finally Ruthie Realizes her true feelings towards martin i mean it was so obvious! Like after Lucy had her baby (savannah) And martin says i hope i marry a girl with a lot of brothers and sisters and then ruthie says maybe you will wasnt that obvious that she liked him?