7th Heaven

Small Miracles

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 08, 2007 on The CW

• Pretty Good!

7.1
    I've had a bit of a negative opinion of the writing on the show. The dialogue is just plain unrealistic! But this episode was good. The opening sequence was sweet until of course the argument took place and the scene took a necessary somber tone. Ruthie played the part of the melodramatic teen fine. She was obsessed with the diamond because of her own insecurities (an ageless problem both genders face). T-Bone hasn't been my favorite character. I liked his sarcasm but something about him just annoyed me. Finally, with this episode, I saw why his addition to the show was positive. His bewilderment towards Ruthie's melodramatics was great. Kevin and Lucy's exchanges were unrealistic but just as domestic as they've always been.
    What I liked about this show's story, though, was the running "signs" theme. Even though I'm agnostic, I still look at signs...just like I read my horoscopes. This episode provided the balance between the religious lecturing and the realism of life(Annie, T-Bone, and Kevin).
    My favorite line: "It's ok to be afraid to die...it just means you want to live."
    All in all, despite the cheesy dialogue, I was reminded why I do like this show.