7th Heaven

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 11, 2004 on The CW

7.4
  • The saving grace of this episode which was tedious in its preachiness was the "bla bla bla" effect. That's the way I feel when Eric starts spouting off his sanctomonious advice, and I glad that it was actually brought to life. Everything else was pretty

0.1
    There was a lot of preaching and lecturing by Eric, and dull stares by everybody else, which really played up to their strengths. Doesn't make for much dramatic effect, but it WAS realistic. Lots of discussion of politics, and calling people stupid, and something about not registering to vote. The scenes in the high school were really painful to watch, as untalented extras recited their fake-sounding lines with boredom and apathy, which mirrored the viewing audience who hadn't switched to another channel.

At the end of the episode, everyone has come to their senses, thanks to the good reverend, and has registered to vote. Ruthie thinks kids should be able to vote, because then there would never be hungry children, or wars or land mines or tax cuts or liars or bullies or people making fun of each other. Because we all know kids don't do that.
    Yes, and there would be no more schools or vegetables, and everything would be videogames and staying up as late as you want.

At the end all the kids stare into the camera and ask the viewers to vote for them.

A pretty heavy-handed public service announcement. Not very entertaining except for the bla bla blas. We should have more of those.