8 Simple Rules

Ditch Day

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 15, 2005 on ABC

• bring it back

why did it have to be the series finalevery good but a bad idea to leave the series finale on a cliff hanger when gibb starts dating cate he has to go to new york for business and at school its ditch day but kerry wants to go to school and CJ is stuck in detention he gives brigit detention to and she cant do the prank she wanted to so rory and kerry are stuck doing it they have to steal a goat the school maskscot then cate gets a call from ed that he was offered a better job and might not come back
  • why did it have to be the series finale

qoutes

kerry:what kind of collage is going to accept me with goat stealer on my recored
    rory:a BAAAAAD one

rory:i was with my friends and then big joe comes and there wasnt enoght room in the car so they ditched me cn you believe it being ditched in ditched day

• Great episode, too bad it was the last one.

Cate drive principal Gibb to the airport. c.J. finds out and tells Bridget. In order to get back at C.J., principal Gibb puts him on detention duty for ditch day. In order to get back at Bridget for telling her mom that he told her, C.j. puts Bridget in detention.

Kerry is upset that none of the teachers are teaching, until someone calls her a goody goody, one too many times.
    Kerr and Rory decide to pull off Bridget's prank for her since she is stuck in detention.

Cate tells the whole family about her and principal Gibb being official.
    Everyone is cool with it.

Principal Gibb calls to tell Cate that he has been offered a job in New York.

I thought that this was very funny, and I really would have liked to see what happened between Cate and Gibb.
  • The Series finale of "8 Simple Rules"

When I first saw this episode, I didn't realise it was the final episode of the series. And to be honest, I didn't feel it was a proper ending. It was a great episode, like all the rest. And that's just it. It was like all the rest. Nothing special. It wasn't the "ending" I had expected of this show. Sadly, it is the ending. And not much of one. Sure, it would have been great as a SEASON finale. But never as a series finale. And I don't like that. This series deserved a better send-off. Even if it had been canceled, they deserved at least one more episode. To close the series. To may it feel like it had ended, at ended with a great ending. But, *sigh*, no. But, I will always watch this episode. Knowing it was the last episode. A fine episode. And hopefully, it will, one day, get the series finale it deserves.
  • bring it back

this series is without a doubt one of the best i have ever seen. kaley cuoco is great and david spade is one of the funniest characters in the show although he changes once he got the teaching job and that sucked. my fav episode was secrets and i think the should get the series back. this episode was one of the funniest ever and the shoulud bring i t back because it is the funniest evermy fav ch ara cter is cj cuz he is the funniest guy ive ever seen and he is also very funny so he rox.
  • The last episode of 8 Simple Rules.

This episode was quite good. It was a nice finale to a fantastic series, but I thought they would have made a bigger episode. Nothing huge happened. We find out that Kate and Ed are starting to date,but I think we pretty much all knew that anyway, and we get a good appearance from Nicole Ritchie, playing a students and a \'bad girl\'. I found it funny when they stole the goat and took it back to the house, mainly because of Kerry\'s reactions, she is sooo funny. Overall i wish they had made a bigger final episode but this was definately a fine example of the series. Great great great.
  • This time C.J. is talking again... Dating principal Gibb OMG

I've only gotten into this show for a little while mainly because I like the jokes by C.J. lol he's funny...

In this episode Granpy and the kids including C.J. go out fishing it seems that Cates father doesn't like the company and the girls and C.J. are forced by Cate to go so she can date principal Gibb
  • I thought it was a cute episode; though it left a lot of questions unawnsered.

7.9
    I thought this episode was a good episode. Cate starts to 'offically' date Ed (Which the kids are finally okay with). In the end, Ed is offered a job to be headmaster in NYC! But he's not sure he'll accept the job since he's not ready to give up things in his hometown...and not ready to give up certain people. The irony in this episode is that Kerry and Rory has to steal a goat (the schools mascot) from another school because Bridget's in detention. The only thing i found wrong with this episode is that they left a great deal of questions un-awnsered. Will Ed accept the job? If he does, will Cate move to New York? Will he leave it to be with Cate? What happens with the Goat? If anybody has heard how the seasons ended, post a comment under my profile, under the blog titled 'Ditch Day Questionaire.'
  • Not so good for a series finale. It's Ditch Day!

7.8
    It was okay at first, but it wasn't so much a great series finale but I could tell that Karey (I think forgot her name, since I watched this long time ago) got to her own woman-hood, and started wanting to turn in the best prank ever for Bridget. Detention was so funny. I give it a 7.8, since it had some parts funny, just wasn't fit for a series finale. I'd say, the Goodbye movie would be the finale, but I would have wanted to see more of CJ. This was an okay episode, not too much terrible series finale.
  • I really enjoyed watching this series. I did not know this was the series finale.

Too bad the show ended! I watched these episodes in 2014. Great humor. Great characters. No need for constant immorality or constant sex orientated jokes. The family actually ate meals together. We're responsible for showing the next generation how to live their lives with dignity and honor. Today's sitcoms only portray dishonor/disrespect/disconnect.
  • Horrible Season Finale for 8 Simple Rules.

7.3
    The concept of this episode was funny but it was a horrible series finale. First off Principal Gibb and Cate officially start to date. Then Principal Gibb gets a headmaster job at New York City and now is deciding if he should take the job or not. If this episode was a season finale this would be good cliffhanger for the next season. It left many questions unanswered. Will Gibb take this job, how will Cate react since they just started to officially date. Also what happens to the goat Rory and Carey stole?

Overall this episode was a horible season finale but a great episode. For a season finale 6.5/10 and the episode 8/10. Average 7.3/10
  • Well what i can say-if they knew this was going final episode they shouldn't of ended with a clifhanger. aggggggggggg

6.8
    Where do i start with this episode would be the first question, you would think if they knew this was going to be the last episode of 8 simple rules they wouldn't of ended it with a clif-hanger. i felt that Cate deserved to be happy after Paul died but if Gib accepted position in New york it would mean whole family would have move there which unlikly but if he turns it down then it would cause a problem for Cate because if they broke up he would blame her.

i hate to admit i'm going miss this show but at least i got a chance to see it which is best thing. it be intresting if we see any of cast in future but it will be nice if that happends.

a lot of things could made this show last a long time such as C.J Wedding, Bridget wedding, Rory going to college, Grandpa dying- it bound to happend eventually, there so many great things that this series could of accomplish.
  • A funny, and weird episode at the same time.

5.4
    This episode was really funny, all the students skipped class and just one student who wanted to go shool, but all the teachers was having party.One of the teachers gave his friend attention and she was starting a game to bring a goat to her home but she couldnt. And her friend is gonna do that its one girl and one boy.
  • This is how we send off this show? Very lame.

4.1
    Well, I guess \"Jake in Progress\" was a better show than 8 simple rules? How lame. This series ended on a horrific note. There were no resolutions to the characters as far as what was in the kids\' future. This has to be one of the worst \"series finales\" in a long time. After all of the \"flashback\" sequences that Paul went through, why didn\'t the series ever show Kate having a \"flashback\"? I wish this series would have had a proper send off. Something to commemorate a show that most people will remember, if only due to the untimely death of John Ritter. I can\'t say that I hated this episode, but it felt like more of a \"filler\" episode that gets shoved in the middle of a season somewhere, not a series finale.