8 Simple Rules Forums

ABC (ended 2005)

Seasons 2 and 3 are on their way to DVD!

downbeat423

[1]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 6

Lionsgate has inked a deal with ABC Studios to release a bunch of shows that were originally or never released by Buena Vista and will release them soon! Some of these shows include BOY MEETS WORLD AND 8 SIMPLE RULES! I am eager to get both! Here is the full article and links! Spread the excitment

Continuing its aggressive quest for content, Lionsgate has entered into an agreement with Disney-ABC Domestic Television to distribute to the home entertainment market a selection of prime-time series and library titles.

Season one sets of the sitcom "According to Jim" and the supernatural dramedy "Reaper" are first on the release agenda, coming to DVD on Oct. 21 and Nov. 4, respectively.

The deal is the third TV DVD distribution agreement Lionsgate has cut in the past month, coming on the heels of a first-look partnership with Comcast Entertainment Group that gives Lionsgate distribution rights to programs on E! Entertainment Television, The ****Network and G4. More recently Lionsgate acquired the home entertainment rights to Marvel Entertainment's animated series "Wolvering & The X-Men."

In addition to "According to Jim" and "Reaper," the Disney-ABC Domestic Television deal also includes popular sitcoms and dramas "Hope & Faith," "8 Simple Rules ... for Dating My Teenage Daughter," "Boy Meets World," "October Road," "Kevin Hill," "My Wife & Kids" and "Six Degrees," among others.

"As evidenced by our recent activity, we continue to look for key brands to expand and grow our TV DVD business," Schwartz said.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?article_id=13270

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TvFreak7

[2]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 26
    downbeat423 wrote:

Lionsgate has inked a deal with ABC Studios to release a bunch of shows that were originally or never released by Buena Vista and will release them soon! Some of these shows include BOY MEETS WORLD AND 8 SIMPLE RULES! I am eager to get both! Here is the full article and links! Spread the excitment

Continuing its aggressive quest for content, Lionsgate has entered into an agreement with Disney-ABC Domestic Television to distribute to the home entertainment market a selection of prime-time series and library titles.

Season one sets of the sitcom "According to Jim" and the supernatural dramedy "Reaper" are first on the release agenda, coming to DVD on Oct. 21 and Nov. 4, respectively.

The deal is the third TV DVD distribution agreement Lionsgate has cut in the past month, coming on the heels of a first-look partnership with Comcast Entertainment Group that gives Lionsgate distribution rights to programs on E! Entertainment Television, The ****Network and G4. More recently Lionsgate acquired the home entertainment rights to Marvel Entertainment's animated series "Wolvering & The X-Men."

In addition to "According to Jim" and "Reaper," the Disney-ABC Domestic Television deal also includes popular sitcoms and dramas "Hope & Faith," "8 Simple Rules ... for Dating My Teenage Daughter," "Boy Meets World," "October Road," "Kevin Hill," "My Wife & Kids" and "Six Degrees," among others.

"As evidenced by our recent activity, we continue to look for key brands to expand and grow our TV DVD business," Schwartz said.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?article_id=13270

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

8 SIMPLE RULES, HOPE & FAITH, MY WIFE AND KIDS, ETC.

FINALLYYYY!

TvFreak7

[3]Aug 5, 2008

Another Link Below about the news.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Boy-Meets-World-Rights-Acquired/10252

kravitzfan12

[4]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 34

I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are on their way YET.

Lionsgate has bought the companies rights. That doesn't mean that they will all automatically be released.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see the rest of this series released on DVD. But, I don't want to get my hopes up just yet. I feel awful being the guy to rain on everyone's parade, but I'd rather be cautious than get upset because I thought the releases were confirmed.

I hope to be proven wrong... but I don't want to jump to any conclusions.

I'd love to see Hope and Faith released too.

I'd give this a good couple of months for the deal to settle before expecting any DVD releases announced, unless Lionsgate has already PRIVATELY made plans to release these titles and just not PUBLICALLY announced it yet.

TvFreak7

[5]Aug 5, 2008
    kravitzfan12 wrote:

I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are on their way YET.

Lionsgate has bought the companies rights. That doesn't mean that they will all automatically be released.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see the rest of this series released on DVD. But, I don't want to get my hopes up just yet. I feel awful being the guy to rain on everyone's parade, but I'd rather be cautious than get upset because I thought the releases were confirmed.

I hope to be proven wrong... but I don't want to jump to any conclusions.

I'd love to see Hope and Faith released too.

I'd give this a good couple of months for the deal to settle before expecting any DVD releases announced, unless Lionsgate has already PRIVATELY made plans to release these titles and just not PUBLICALLY announced it yet.

YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT AND WRONG!

Yes, there is no official DVD release dates. But, they are COMING. Lionsgate is defintely working on these releases.

And you are right, it could take a couple of months for these releases to be announced officially, but were just talking about they are on their way. This is one HUGE step to being released then just sitting in the hands of Buena Vista. Only time will tell.

And Hopefully its soon! I would love to have DVDS of Hope & Faith, My Wife and Kids, and of course the rest of 8 Simple Rules.

vicky24c

[6]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 24
    I cant wait ! !

jt3ldp

[7]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 1
    I agree with kravitzfan 12 theses dvds are in the works defo because the deal was made that lionsgate would relase disney dvds and already in the uk 8 simple rules season 1 is up for preorder and Home improvement season 4 is up for preorder as well. I mean come on, usa have got all the seasons of home improvement released and here in the uk we have only got the first 3 seasons but buena vista isnt releasing the rest beacuse there lazy. Lionsgate must be doing the rest for them now thank godness

jt3ldp

[8]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 1
    was meant to say i agree with tv freak 7 lol

rosalyn100

[9]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    did they say its for canada too? i neveer seen season 1 in canada stores yet but if its true then i cant wait to get hope anf faith and 8 simple rules!

motleylil

[10]Sep 11, 2008
    • level: 19
    Are they going to re-release season 1? I would not be particularily about it, but, just curious.

TvFreak7

[11]Sep 12, 2008

motleylil wrote:
    Are they going to re-release season 1? I would not be particularily about it, but, just curious.

Probably not, but who knows. If they do it will probably be after seasons 2 and 3 are released, because they know people already have season one and that not many people would buy it again and why would there be two versions of season 1 on dvd.

kyfm

[12]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 5
    i thought disney would have probs releasing 8 simple rules cuz of john's widow asking for the money he would have been paid had he been alive for the remainder of the series. also the release of his show 3's company with the profit going to cerebral palsy charity (btw i have cerebral palsy) cuz of john's bro having the disease that would be nice to do that again cuz his bro meant so much to him and also lionsgate is better they dont have to sell as many as disney does to continue the releases am i right people

TvFreak7

[13]Sep 23, 2008

I've solved the big question - Will they start from season 1 or 2?

THE ANSWER IS -------------- SEASON 2

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/2008/08/usa-network-fall-2008-schedule.html

AND.... ANOTHER HUGE NEWS!

THERE ARE FOR SURE MORE SHOWS IN THE DEAL! AT LEAST THATS WHAT THIS LINK SAYS. HOPEFULLY THEY RELEASE THESE SHOWS FIRST!

checko101

[14]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    finally HOPE AND FAITH on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

KyahCA

[15]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 6
    Hope and Faith!!!!