Babes In Toyland

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 06, 2012 on The CW

• Babies in Toyland

What a roller coaster this has been. '90210' takes a step in the right direction only to take two steps back in the next episode. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the season, '90210' is at the same place it was at the end of last season in terms of quality.

If I knew Annie's determination to better her life was to start selling charity purses, I wouldn't have encouraged it. Seriously, what is up with these strange non-entertaining story lines that don't go anywhere. Naomi starting a business ultimately flopped tonight as well as the ridiculous sex shop bogged it down.

Also couldn't Jen have brought more to the table? All of Jen's comebacks have been noteworthy but by this episode's standards, it was quite forgettable. The only salvageable moment was the nice sister moment between the two, but that's pretty much it all things considered.

As predicted, Ivy focusing on her art was just another lead-in to a relationship. Did I miss something? Wasn't she with the photo dude? I'm just going to disregard this story line all together. Speaking of disregarding story lines, I can't help but talk about the Liam, Adrianna, Dixon, and Vanessa mess. Vanessa is the most uninteresting conniving character in the history of 90210, and she really proved it in this episode. It was just boring and predictable, and what's up with Adrianna? Since when did she become some sort of insecure doorstep?

So Silver has earned the title of the stupidest character on the show. Who would avoid cancer results in order to 'live in the moment'? And by living in the moment, meaning getting a temp AV job in the place of an opportunity of a lifetime at NYU. This is just poor characterization overall. All in all, disappointing episode, and definitely one of the season's lows.