90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

90210 4.19 - The Heart Will Go On - Episode Discussion

  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [21]Mar 22, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Np Stellar haha

    As for the cancer thing, you'd think Silver would tell Kelly but then again that would require them to even remember that Kelly's her sister to start with lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [22]Mar 22, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Haha. True true!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [23]Mar 26, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I may just be at that point where theres no going back with this show on how Im going to feel positively about it. I went on IMDB and everyone was praising the last ep. I dont get it. Is it better than the crap we've gotten lately? Sure. But thats reaaaaaaaally not saying much. I feel like they could do everything right and Id just like be *shrugs* yeah, okay. Sad because I never thought it would come to that
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [24]Mar 27, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I may just be at that point where theres no going back with this show on how Im going to feel positively about it. I went on IMDB and everyone was praising the last ep. I dont get it. Is it better than the crap we've gotten lately? Sure. But thats reaaaaaaaally not saying much. I feel like they could do everything right and Id just like be *shrugs* yeah, okay. Sad because I never thought it would come to that


    Agreed. I feel strange even saying this but I'm really just not very invested in this show anymore. Like we've said before on our reasoning for still tuning in, it's just the whole " go down with the sinking ship " non sense and that is exactly what this show is at this point- a sinking ship and there's simply no saving it. Even if the series keeps getting renewed and continues on for years and years, it won't make a difference because the damage has already been done and there's no going back to what it once was. Maybe with us in charge of production lol but the current show runners are digging themselves an early grave because they make these huge mistakes without thinking and when it blows up in their faces, they make a very sad attempt at damage control but by then it's too late and in trying to fix their last mistake, they make an even bigger one and it's rinse, lather, repeat until they've just got one huge horrifying mess- a show full of characters that have all been assassinated in one way or another in such a disturbing manner that even the most special ones have been mediocre at best this season, an incredibly talented cast that doesn't wanna be here anymore than we do, and an audience that has been completely alienated. If these loser writers had ANY brains they'd know that you don't piss off the hand that feeds you but they don't so this crap show is DOOMED LOL Sorry for being such a downer but I call 'em like I see 'em and this my friend is the freaking Titanic of sinking ships. Sure, the last episode was an improvement but let's be real, given the quality of this season's material, the only way it COULD go was up lol I know some people think it was the shiet but Cmon now, just because we've migrated half an inch up doesn't mean we're not still in the fiery pits of hell LOL This entire season has been a bust and the truth is I could've skipped this entire season all together without really missing anything. So basically what my novelized rant breaks down to is the sad truth that I just don't really care anymore. I watch it because it's there but I don't get excited for it, I don't care when it goes on breaks, the waiting definitely doesn't kill me anymore and to be completely and brutally honestly, at this point I'm just waiting for it to get canceled LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of racoon3999

    racoon3999

    [25]Mar 27, 2012
    • member since: 03/14/12
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 8

    You're right, the show has gone down hill, but just because of this little/terrible! accident of the writers it doesn't mean that it hasn't got any chance of survival nor do i think that it will be cancelled for next season. Although i will make you right on the ponint of disapointment, cause i am to. I am very disapointed for this show. When i started watching the first season i thought it was great, with all the exitement and the thrills, and then after the first season was over i was choked to see the second season. I have to be honest that i almost laughed for this, because not only was thereone mistake, but a thousands of them, we have seen a lot of changes for every show when it shift over to another season, but this was just to much. When the wilson family moved, tabitha wasn't there, shannen doherty wasn't there, dustin millian wasn't there, trevor donnavan suddenly came into the picture and in the third season we didn't even had the principal and father of ANnnie and Dxon, Harry wilson and we also didn't have Kelly anymore. So i am also disapointment and as much as i hate to say this it was all Rebecca sinclair's fault, she took the place after the previously showrunners stepped out of the show and she just made it...welll okay and exciting in the start, but later it just got un 90210 ( if you know what i mean ) but i wills till be tuning in and i will still watch this show

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [26]Mar 27, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I couldnt agree more with you Marlena. As you said, you could skip this season and basically not miss anything. There is nothing special anymore. Everything is about swapping couples. When they do have big SLs, like Dixons stroke, its wrapped up within one episode. Theres no sense of urgency on this show anymore which makes me not care for the characters. We wont see Dixon recupperating, we wont see his parents checking in on him, we wont see Annie worried about him (Im sure shell go right back to whatever it was that she was doing previously). Its like they just said "Oh what do we do with Dixon this ep?" "Oh I know, lets give him a stroke" "But in the next ep, he's working on music" "Well thats okay, he will be fine by then" "Oh okay!" and they just throw it in there. Theres no continuity- Naomi wants to be single and then she thinks PJ is the love of her life, Annie doesnt bail Austin out of jail for what he did for her even though she has money now, Ade isnt worried about Maisey anymore, Liam is an idiot with Vanessa...none of it makes sense at all. I feel like Im watching bizarro 90210. Theres a petition that will hopefully go around on IMDB for new show runners for next season. I hope someone steps up and creates it and then itll work.
    Edited on 03/27/2012 10:49am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [27]Mar 27, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    racoon3999 wrote:

    You're right, the show has gone down hill, but just because of this little/terrible! accident of the writers it doesn't mean that it hasn't got any chance of survival nor do i think that it will be cancelled for next season. Although i will make you right on the ponint of disapointment, cause i am to. I am very disapointed for this show. When i started watching the first season i thought it was great, with all the exitement and the thrills, and then after the first season was over i was choked to see the second season. I have to be honest that i almost laughed for this, because not only was thereone mistake, but a thousands of them, we have seen a lot of changes for every show when it shift over to another season, but this was just to much. When the wilson family moved, tabitha wasn't there, shannen doherty wasn't there, dustin millian wasn't there, trevor donnavan suddenly came into the picture and in the third season we didn't even had the principal and father of ANnnie and Dxon, Harry wilson and we also didn't have Kelly anymore. So i am also disapointment and as much as i hate to say this it was all Rebecca sinclair's fault, she took the place after the previously showrunners stepped out of the show and she just made it...welll okay and exciting in the start, but later it just got un 90210 ( if you know what i mean ) but i wills till be tuning in and i will still watch this show



    Well honestly, it's been much more than just a little accident by the writers, it's been one colossal mistake after another. I wish it had just been one because that definitely would never have been enough to shake my faith in the show but these writers just can't seem to get it right lol It definitely won't be canceled but I think a show's survival is more than just it staying on the air but actually deserving to stay on the air and if I'm judging based on this season, I'm sorry but it just doesn't. I'd love to see this crap show revived and restored to what it once was but these show runners have not given any indication that they're capable of making that happen and honestly, there's only so much trashing a show can take before there's simply nothing left to trash and they've really written themselves into a corner but I guess only time can tell if they'll be able to dig themselves out of it but that's just my take on it lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [28]Mar 27, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I couldnt agree more with you Marlena. As you said, you could skip this season and basically not miss anything. There is nothing special anymore. Everything is about swapping couples. When they do have big SLs, like Dixons stroke, its wrapped up within one episode. Theres no sense of urgency on this show anymore which makes me not care for the characters. We wont see Dixon recupperating, we wont see his parents checking in on him, we wont see Annie worried about him (Im sure shell go right back to whatever it was that she was doing previously). Its like they just said "Oh what do we do with Dixon this ep?" "Oh I know, lets give him a stroke" "But in the next ep, he's working on music" "Well thats okay, he will be fine by then" "Oh okay!" and they just throw it in there. Theres no continuity- Naomi wants to be single and then she thinks PJ is the love of her life, Annie doesnt bail Austin out of jail for what he did for her even though she has money now, Ade isnt worried about Maisey anymore, Liam is an idiot with Vanessa...none of it makes sense at all. I feel like Im watching bizarro 90210. Theres a petition that will hopefully go around on IMDB for new show runners for next season. I hope someone steps up and creates it and then itll work.


    I completely agree with you. I used to have to watch the show live because I couldn't wait to see what would happen next but now it's just like ehh, I'll get around to it lol Even with Naomi and Ade, who have always been my favorite characters, I find myself not even caring what's going on with them because none of it interests me and you're right this season has made no sense at all. Since when are drama series supposed to be dull as mud?? lol It really just feels like a show about a group of teens sitting around talking about their lives, instead of actually living them. As for the next season having new show runners, god I hope so and please oh please someone that actually does their homework lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [29]Mar 27, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Lol I could not agree more with what you said on either of your posts. Seriously all the characters could die and at this point Id just shrug and be like "okay". I wouldnt have that sense of "OMG how could they do that to ____!" I just dont care about them anymore. I feel the same way here as I would feel watching a reality show about a bunch of materialistic snobs that do no good for anyone. Its just entertainment, but I dont care about them. *sigh* I know the complaining is getting old, and I apologize, I just see so much potential with the show and its getting wasted.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [30]Mar 27, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Oh and if the petition works out, I will post it here. Its going to need as many sigs as it can get. lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [31]Mar 27, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Hey it never gets old for me lol but that's probably because I've gotten to the point that I enjoy complaining about the show more than I enjoy actually watching it lmao
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [32]Mar 27, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Haha so true. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt at first because they had to continue on with SLs from s3 and its like A effects B which effects C and so on, but even with that, that doesnt excuse the horrible continuity, the lack of consequences/resolutions for characters and the constant couple swapping. I think they just think that its like pig slop where they can just throw anything out there and it doesnt matter because people will still watch it but really its just destroying the show. Someone said something on IMDB along the lines of "the audience is losing and the cast is losing because they are stuck on said show for 2 more years so the only people winning are the showrunners" or something along those lines. The quote was better but I cant find it now lol Anyway, its so true
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [33]Mar 29, 2012
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    this one was rather slow and not as intriguing, but i still liked it regardless. am i the oddball now? for some reason, i'm finding this show lovable as i did when i first tuned in years ago.......
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [34]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    this one was rather slow and not as intriguing, but i still liked it regardless. am i the oddball now? for some reason, i'm finding this show lovable as i did when i first tuned in years ago.......


    LOL I think there are a few others that have been enjoying it, me and Stellar just aren't two of them lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [35]Mar 31, 2012
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    HAHA yes clearly! you two have been hitting the nails on the coffin hard! how deep are you planning on burying the grave for this show? LOL if somebody out there still enjoys this show as much as i do.....SPEAK UP. raise your hand and don't let me stand in the dark by myself LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [36]Mar 31, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Lol. For as long as this show remains crappy hahaha In all seriousness though, Comeback, are you getting excited about this show again? Do you feel like you care about the characters again? Because Im just not there at all. I feel like, during the first half of the season, that I was drowning and trying to keep my head above water. Then I was rescued and laid there on the beach until I got up the strength to carry on. This last half of the season is like me lying there on the beach, not having enough strength to get up and move on. Ive been beaten down and just cant care anymore LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [37]Mar 31, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    HAHA yes clearly! you two have been hitting the nails on the coffin hard! how deep are you planning on burying the grave for this show? LOL if somebody out there still enjoys this show as much as i do.....SPEAK UP. raise your hand and don't let me stand in the dark by myself LOL


    Hey we're not burying the show, that's all on the crappy show runners lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [38]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Lol. For as long as this show remains crappy hahaha In all seriousness though, Comeback, are you getting excited about this show again? Do you feel like you care about the characters again? Because Im just not there at all. I feel like, during the first half of the season, that I was drowning and trying to keep my head above water. Then I was rescued and laid there on the beach until I got up the strength to carry on. This last half of the season is like me lying there on the beach, not having enough strength to get up and move on. Ive been beaten down and just cant care anymore LOL

    to be very honest, Stellar, yes i still get excited about this show i've accepted the fact that it will never ever be like season one. Silver will never be Silver again. not all that glitters is gold, not all that glitters is Silver. most garbage disposals, however, are Silver..LOL. things this season have been scandalous, they've been humorous, and i really am impressed with the storylines. i guess because they've kept the 90210 aspect and sort of drifted away from the sand and surf like season 2. the show is still not perfect, there is still room for improvement, and when i say room i mean Dodgers stadium room, like a WHOOLEEE arena for improvement. i.e., Silver, Ivy, Liam/Silver, too much Naomi, more Annie, more Ade, Silver, more friendships we'd like to see, Silver, where are the adults, inconsistency, and last but not least Silver. (for a sec there i forgot i was trying to defend this show....LOL) but as i was saying, i still give this show applause and i do love it. i expect less and get more from it. i really miss the shock factor, and this season i think i've been getting them (at least some). what i need from them is to bust another season one finale Annie breakdown. now THAT'S what i've been dying to see.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [39]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    HAHA yes clearly! you two have been hitting the nails on the coffin hard! how deep are you planning on burying the grave for this show? LOL if somebody out there still enjoys this show as much as i do.....SPEAK UP. raise your hand and don't let me stand in the dark by myself LOL


    Hey we're not burying the show, that's all on the crappy show runners lol

    and what is this petition i am reading about? lol fill me in please. are we signing to try and improve the show, or cancel it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [40]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Lol. For as long as this show remains crappy hahaha In all seriousness though, Comeback, are you getting excited about this show again? Do you feel like you care about the characters again? Because Im just not there at all. I feel like, during the first half of the season, that I was drowning and trying to keep my head above water. Then I was rescued and laid there on the beach until I got up the strength to carry on. This last half of the season is like me lying there on the beach, not having enough strength to get up and move on. Ive been beaten down and just cant care anymore LOL

    to be very honest, Stellar, yes i still get excited about this show i've accepted the fact that it will never ever be like season one. Silver will never be Silver again. not all that glitters is gold, not all that glitters is Silver. most garbage disposals, however, are Silver..LOL. things this season have been scandalous, they've been humorous, and i really am impressed with the storylines. i guess because they've kept the 90210 aspect and sort of drifted away from the sand and surf like season 2. the show is still not perfect, there is still room for improvement, and when i say room i mean Dodgers stadium room, like a WHOOLEEE arena for improvement. i.e., Silver, Ivy, Liam/Silver, too much Naomi, more Annie, more Ade, Silver, more friendships we'd like to see, Silver, where are the adults, inconsistency, and last but not least Silver. (for a sec there i forgot i was trying to defend this show....LOL) but as i was saying, i still give this show applause and i do love it. i expect less and get more from it. i really miss the shock factor, and this season i think i've been getting them (at least some). what i need from them is to bust another season one finale Annie breakdown. now THAT'S what i've been dying to see.


    Oh alright hehe. I was just checking/wondering what your thoughts were. If you still like it, then thats cool.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.