90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

90210 4.19 - The Heart Will Go On - Episode Discussion

johnmarlena422

[61]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 16
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yeah, thats true. Esp. since they sort of had the same sort of SLs on both shows (for ex. Lauren/Annie prostitution, Naomi/Ella dealing with a powerful boss and trying to be the 'next big thing' in the company) but even MP 2.0 handled it better. Just that the ending sucked because as you said, it was cutoff. They should give cancelled shows more time to tie up loose ends. The only thing I remember from the finale was Violet/Auggie going off on his motorcycle together, which I actually thought was pretty cheesy lol

Yeah, MP started their SL's great. For example the prostitution one, like you said, was soo much better than the one on 90210..It's just that their endings either sucked or they had no endings at all lol and Ella's SL I expected to be much better than Naomi's simply because as far as cold business sharks go- no one does it better than Amanda Woodward but they even whitewashed her as a character, she used to be so much more bad ass haha as for the finale, I actually can't remember anything about it lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[62]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 32
    Oh hehe. Yeah I figured Amanda was better than that, but since I hadnt watched the original, I just thought it was okay and saw it more from Ellas side than Amandas. And yeah thats really all I remember from the finale. Auggie was on the run for something and told Violet he was going to Mexico and she said Ill go with you. Then the motorcycle scene happened at the very end.
    Edited on 04/15/2012 6:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.

johnmarlena422

[63]Apr 16, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Oh hehe. Yeah I figured Amanda was better than that, but since I hadnt watched the original, I just thought it was okay and saw it more from Ellas side than Amandas. And yeah thats really all I remember from the finale. Auggie was on the run for something and told Violet he was going to Mexico and she said Ill go with you. Then the motorcycle scene happened at the very end.

Yeah, Amanda was one of my all time favorite characters on the original. She was the kind of woman who would slit your throat while you were sleeping and then go back to work like nothing ever happened lol A lot of people hated her for that but I loved her. As for the finale- I still only vaguely remember that but that just reiterates that it wasn't very good LOL It's funny because I can recall in great detail exactly how the original ended haha

stellarchick86

[64]Apr 16, 2012
    Haha. If you own the DVD and still cant remember the finale, then it really must be bad! hahaha

johnmarlena422

[65]Apr 16, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Haha. If you own the DVD and still cant remember the finale, then it really must be bad! hahaha

LOL Well I've only watched it on DVD once and I don't think I ever got to the finale, as I recall I was watching that when you recommended OTH and once I started with that, it kinda took over Lmao

stellarchick86

[66]Apr 16, 2012
    Oooh okay. Sorry about that, I know OTH takes up a lot of time! hahah

thec0mebackman

[67]Apr 16, 2012
    • level: 15
    johnmarlena422 wrote:

See now I don't see ANY of those as "dark moments" lol dramatic moments sure but dark?? Ehh lol Annie's prostitution COULD have been extremely dark but that's simply not the way they played it.

i had a feeling you would say that! lol like you said, different viewpoints. well i'll admit, they're not the darkest of the dark but it'll suffice for me honestly. i complained sooo much when season 2 was on air, and i could not stand it. season 1 was this pool of intense, dark storylines and then come season two, it was the complete opposite. so sunny and beachy and perky, it was like the more i saw the cast smiling and having fun, the more tortured i felt watching them. lol sounds messed up but so true. season three made up for it, so i guess in a way i've just conditioned myself to believe that "dark" and "90210" (after season 2) does exist even though it is absent for the most part and goddang i refuse to go back to my negative, complain-y ways haha.

stellarchick86

[68]Apr 16, 2012
    Lol!! I would enjoy dark now that they are out of high school. For me, with shows, I like the teen years to be light and fluffy and the adult years to be dark and dramatic.

thec0mebackman

[69]Apr 16, 2012
    ^ even with OTH? does OTH start of light and then go into the dark path? shows are supposed to start off light, and easy, then transition slowly into the dark side. but with 90210 they did the reverse, starting off totally heavy and drama-filled, then bullsh*tted their way into this happy-go Mcdonald's playground. odd how season one outbeat the later seasons. their teen years were more intense and scandalous, rather than their college years. how sad is that? they should totally f*ck sh*t up now that they are adults. i mean hello....where are the knives and strangling hands? blood? ANYTHING just give us SOMETHING....lol.

johnmarlena422

[70]Apr 16, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Oooh okay. Sorry about that, I know OTH takes up a lot of time! hahah

Oh that's very okay, I'm glad you suggested it hehe

johnmarlena422

[71]Apr 16, 2012
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:

See now I don't see ANY of those as "dark moments" lol dramatic moments sure but dark?? Ehh lol Annie's prostitution COULD have been extremely dark but that's simply not the way they played it.

i had a feeling you would say that! lol like you said, different viewpoints. well i'll admit, they're not the darkest of the dark but it'll suffice for me honestly. i complained sooo much when season 2 was on air, and i could not stand it. season 1 was this pool of intense, dark storylines and then come season two, it was the complete opposite. so sunny and beachy and perky, it was like the more i saw the cast smiling and having fun, the more tortured i felt watching them. lol sounds messed up but so true. season three made up for it, so i guess in a way i've just conditioned myself to believe that "dark" and "90210" (after season 2) does exist even though it is absent for the most part and goddang i refuse to go back to my negative, complain-y ways haha.

Are you calling us negative?! LOL j/k

stellarchick86

[72]Apr 16, 2012

Comeback: Well, when I say 'dark', I mean stuff they wouldnt normally do on teen shows because they may see it as too controversial or at least dark enough to go into like they are supposed to (i.e. rape, abortion, drunk driving/murder, etc). They did the drunk driving thing with Annie and rape with Naomi, so it was fairly dark during the teen years, but it was white washed a bit too. So I had hope with Annies prostitution SL since she was out of high school now but that was pretty white washed too. OTH was fairly dark during the adult years...not really dark but darker than the teen years

Edited on 04/16/2012 10:26pm
    Edited 2 total times.

johnmarlena422

[73]Apr 17, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Comeback: Well, when I say 'dark', I mean stuff they wouldnt normally do on teen shows because they may see it as too controversial or at least dark enough to go into like they are supposed to (i.e. rape, abortion, drunk driving/murder, etc). They did the drunk driving thing with Annie and rape with Naomi, so it was fairly dark during the teen years, but it was white washed a bit too. So I had hope with Annies prostitution SL since she was out of high school now but that was pretty white washed too. OTH was fairly dark during the adult years...not really dark but darker than the teen years

I completely agree. When I think of something dark, I think of something twisted that makes me feel rather unsettled. If I can swallow it down without even blinking, it's not dark enough and the SL's on this show as of late have been WAY too predictable to be considered "dark" in my eyes. Jmho.

stellarchick86

[74]Apr 17, 2012
    ^Couldnt agree more. I mean, lets take Annie's prostitution SL for ex. I thought it was going to play out like you know, they date, he says Ill give you money anyway, not just for sex bla bla. Something bad happens where they break up and Annie is in the wrong, so he somehow takes her to court and she has to prove that the money wasnt because of the prostitution. She ends up getting thrown in jail. Meanwhile, she calls Naomi to come bail her out and she'll pay her back once her trust fund comes in. Then thats when she spurs on that whole "Im going to start being a really good perosn" thing. Or I dont know, something along those lines, Im sure Im not explaining that well. Or maybe she starts dating a guy and he ends up being a cop or something. SOMETHING!

johnmarlena422

[75]Apr 17, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Couldnt agree more. I mean, lets take Annie's prostitution SL for ex. I thought it was going to play out like you know, they date, he says Ill give you money anyway, not just for sex bla bla. Something bad happens where they break up and Annie is in the wrong, so he somehow takes her to court and she has to prove that the money wasnt because of the prostitution. She ends up getting thrown in jail. Meanwhile, she calls Naomi to come bail her out and she'll pay her back once her trust fund comes in. Then thats when she spurs on that whole "Im going to start being a really good perosn" thing. Or I dont know, something along those lines, Im sure Im not explaining that well. Or maybe she starts dating a guy and he ends up being a cop or something. SOMETHING!

I love the bit about the cop, something similar happened to Sydney on MP. After she quit the business, this guy shows up at the bar she works at asking for her "services", she tells him she doesn't do that anymore, he offers her double and she still really needs the money so she agrees but when she meets him in his hotel room, it turns out he's a cop and he arrests her. There was also a cop working undercover as a male prostitute and when the show's gay male is really high he tries to pick him up and gets arrested. Ahh gotta love the possibilities lol

stellarchick86

[76]Apr 17, 2012
    ^Hahah. Yeah, pretty much anything was better than what we got. *sigh*
    Edited on 04/17/2012 2:14am

johnmarlena422

[77]Apr 17, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Hahah. Yeah, pretty much anything was better than what we got. *sigh*

I would've really loved if they had made Annie a full fledged prostitute not just a hired date that only sees one guy and gets the occasional check from lol

stellarchick86

[78]Apr 17, 2012
    Couldnt agree more.

johnmarlena422

[79]Apr 17, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Couldnt agree more.

I mean, I know that's not really in Annie's dna but a person will do just about anything when they're pushed far enough

thec0mebackman

[80]Apr 23, 2012
    lololol okay i'll be honest i've seen darker, but i give the show some slack because i'm apparently too nice. it's back tomorrow (that was a fast month) i watched a clip on here... and it's Nae trying on her dress and what got me pissed is that ADE WAS NOT WITH THEM. i'm getting fed up with Ade's absence. so Annie and Silver are the only bridesmaids? Nae says that they're both bridesmaids... so the maid of honor must be Jen? WHAT ABOUT ADE??? HMPH.