90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

90210 Cancelled

davinp

[1]Feb 28, 2013
    • level: 8

Exclusive: 90210 to end 5 year run in May

TVLine has learned exclusively that the network has decided to end the '90s reboot in May after five seasons.

http://tvline.com/2013/02/28/90210-cancelled-by-the-cw/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

txgirl75

[2]Feb 28, 2013
    • level: 23
    About time. I was suprised it made it to season 5. The poor show just had too many writers and they just didn't know what they were doing. The first two seasons were good but season 3 down hill.

johnmarlena422

[3]Feb 28, 2013
    • level: 16
    txgirl75 wrote:
    About time. I was suprised it made it to season 5. The poor show just had too many writers and they just didn't know what they were doing. The first two seasons were good but season 3 down hill.

Agreed. I was actually rooting for it to get canceled in season 4 lol

I have somewhat enjoyed the current season but the truth is sometimes a show just tanks too far to recover from and unfortunately we were dealt the titanic in slow motion lol

thec0mebackman

[4]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 15
    I found out yesterday. My heart was torn to bits yesterday. Still recuperating and drying my tears from yesterday. LOL. it may have gotten sucky the past years (though S5 I feel has had an excellent change of pace) this show was still our show, people. YOU KNOW YOU'RE HEARTBROKEN. SO LET'S TAKE THIS MOMENT TO MOURN THE LOSS. I just find it so unfair that we are not getting the proper send off we deserve. at least give us a half season 6. yeah the ratings are at its worst, but give the the loyal fans our rightful goodbye season. the CW is sh*t. good bye, 90210. it's a bit unreal that it's finally ending..... I wish the the cast a bright future. I know for a fact each and every one of them will become even more successful and find new journeys altogether. and hey, just because this show is ending does not mean all of us here should stop interacting. let us all find a new show to talk about.

johnmarlena422

[5]Mar 5, 2013
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    I found out yesterday. My heart was torn to bits yesterday. Still recuperating and drying my tears from yesterday. LOL. it may have gotten sucky the past years (though S5 I feel has had an excellent change of pace) this show was still our show, people. YOU KNOW YOU'RE HEARTBROKEN. SO LET'S TAKE THIS MOMENT TO MOURN THE LOSS. I just find it so unfair that we are not getting the proper send off we deserve. at least give us a half season 6. yeah the ratings are at its worst, but give the the loyal fans our rightful goodbye season. the CW is sh*t. good bye, 90210. it's a bit unreal that it's finally ending..... I wish the the cast a bright future. I know for a fact each and every one of them will become even more successful and find new journeys altogether. and hey, just because this show is ending does not mean all of us here should stop interacting. let us all find a new show to talk about.

LOL it may be our show but sometimes the kindest thing to do is put it out of its misery before any more damage is done to it. Like I said before, we've had a decent season this time around, enormous strides ahead of last season so why not let it bow out gracefully and end on a good note rather than continue on only to be further butchered by the writers and end up leaving as a show that no one has one nice thing to say about?? And don't kid yourself because with these showrunners, that is inevitable. Yes, I will miss it, for the show it once was but I'd rather it leave now with dignity than leave later as a disgrace lol Trust me, it's the best thing for the show's integrity and the viewers sanity lol So with that being side, I give you my last two sidenotes..one positive and negative each for good balance haha

Okay..Bad news first?? Okay..Well, ya know the line above about knowing people are heartbroken..Ya know, the one in all caps?? LOL Well, I really hate to break it to ya but most people aren't all that heartbroken lol Some are..Some are crushed, devastated even but those claiming no heartbreak?? That's not denial, that's just them not being heartbroken lol Some are even so not heartbroken that they're celebratory dancing all over the web..Trust me, I've seen the giddy blogs lol But if it makes you feel any better, there are also quite a few enraged "Dear CW, I wish you nothing but a lifetime of burning in hell" kinda web riots out there as well haha Point being, as many devoted fans as there are, there are still viewers who are not heartbroken by this news and well..You simply can not will their hearts to break so I'm afraid acceptance is all you've got left LOL You know, it is interesting though because you know those soaps of mine that you always teased me for watching?? Well two of them were canceled back in 2011 and now, a whole two years later, they have both been renewed and will be back in production starting May, which no one thought would ever happen, and that's just daytime tv so I guess it just goes to show that there's always hope - never say never If they had brought back some of the vets for this season, they probably could have saved the show but too little too late I guess

Ohh, my positive sidenote lol - You are right about the cast. Trevor (Teddy) has already been cast on another show. I'd love to see both Jessica's on another CW show but Shenae, I think, would fit very nicely on TLG

Adam_Dicy

[6]Mar 5, 2013
    • level: 89
    txgirl75 wrote:

Yeah, the ratings could've spiked if they had kept the originality of the last series like The Peach Pit which was last used in season 2 and all the other parties were either thrown at the beach club or Naomi's lavish mansion. The show kinda went downhill after that and I couldn't be more happy that it's getting cancelled. Another example Tabitha Wilson the grandmother kinda disappeared after the first 11 episodes in Season 1 and is never mentioned again. I hate the fact that Harry Wilson(the father of Annie and Dixon)was never contacted after Dixon's accident in the Season 5 premiere although it was good seeing Lori Loughlin drop everything to be there for her son. I think that both parents should've been there not just one. Season 3 was reasonable and 4 and 5 should have better character development.

R.I.P. 90210 2008-2013

johnmarlena422

[7]Mar 5, 2013

Adam_Dicy wrote:
    txgirl75 wrote:
    Yeah, the ratings could've spiked if they had kept the originality of the last series like The Peach Pit which was last used in season 2 and all the other parties were either thrown at the beach club or Naomi's lavish mansion. The show kinda went downhill after that and I couldn't be more happy that it's getting cancelled. Another example Tabitha Wilson the grandmother kinda disappeared after the first 11 episodes in Season 1 and is never mentioned again. I hate the fact that Harry Wilson(the father of Annie and Dixon)was never contacted after Dixon's accident in the Season 5 premiere although it was good seeing Lori Loughlin drop everything to be there for her son. I think that both parents should've been there not just one. Season 3 was reasonable and 4 and 5 should have better character development. R.I.P. 90210 2008-2013

I agree. It was nice to see them finally acknowledge Debbie as Dixon and Annie's mother during the accident but since then we have not seen or heard a peep from or about her, including when her own daughter was shot and even when she did return, at that point, it was kinda like too little too late because there had been so many times when her kids had needed her and she was no where t be found..But that's become a signature standing for this show, the families are always MIA whenever any of the characters are in trouble..As for taking my hunk of Harry off my big screen for good: They are so not forgiven lol

Okay, I hope no one gets too booty hurt over this (Sorry comeback lol) I know some are very upset with the news of cancelling the show but this was simply too hilarious not to post and it's something that anyone who did watch the original can appreciate as I do lol

This just makes me giggle lol

snake63

[8]Mar 6, 2013
    • level: 20

I am not shocked because the original was better and did it first.

johnmarlena422

[9]Mar 7, 2013
    snake63 wrote:

I am not shocked because the original was better and did it first.

Well I commend them for wanting the show to be different from the original but they made it too different. There were a few core significant aspects of the original that made it successful that they should have stuck with - such as the family orientated values and principles - what life lessons have been taught in this version of the show?..If your kid ever gets shot or has a mental breakdown, abandonment is the way to go?? And for the kids, it doesn't matter how badly you screw up because you'll never have to face the consequences?? lol The reason the original was such a success wasn't because of the drama - as entertaining as that was - it was because of the depth. That show had real substance. I know a lot of viewers who never saw the original get annoyed and don't really see the big deal about it or why ones who did complain about the new one which they find to be great but that's kinda the point of it all..Even most of the original cast have stated this is why they've stayed away - because they feel the spinoff disrespects the original and they don't want to be a part of that and who can blame them?? AS must be turning in his grave giving us all the finger LOL

johnmarlena422

[10]Mar 7, 2013
    Ranting aside..

I was checking out the on set stills for the series finale and I'm actually very satisfied with the endgame couples, for the most part, anyway.

It is kinda sad though that they couldn't get it right until the very end and that it took the show getting canceled for that to happen..On the other hand, if the show was to continue, they'd probably find a way to ruin each and every pairing again anyway, I'm sure of it lol

Congrats to Trevor and Matt, who have both already found work on ABCFamily and CW. I knew it wouldn't be long before someone snagged Matt but I'm happy for both and hope the rest the same luck soon

thec0mebackman

[11]Mar 8, 2013
    LOL Marlena. I was kidding about the whole heartbroken thing!! of course people aren't upset. I think I'm the only one bummed about the show ending, lol it's because I've watched Shenae since she was on Degrassi and this crush has transformed into an innocent FanLove towards her so it's going to SUCK not watching her on TV. oh I bet people are rejoicing now that 90210 is ending. and HAHA at that picture! the only thing I'm pissed about is that Naomi got the spotlight and not Annie (what else is new) LOL but finally we don't have to debate about who gets more spotlight since it's already over...... =( now that it's ending in two months, I'm going to start watching the first season again. oh and like Marlena said, congrats to Matt on his new show with Aimee. I'm definitely going to be tuning in. and marlena.... I shall continue this post on to the OFF TOPIC board ;]

johnmarlena422

[12]Mar 8, 2013
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    LOL Marlena. I was kidding about the whole heartbroken thing!! of course people aren't upset. I think I'm the only one bummed about the show ending, lol it's because I've watched Shenae since she was on Degrassi and this crush has transformed into an innocent FanLove towards her so it's going to SUCK not watching her on TV. oh I bet people are rejoicing now that 90210 is ending. and HAHA at that picture! the only thing I'm pissed about is that Naomi got the spotlight and not Annie (what else is new) LOL but finally we don't have to debate about who gets more spotlight since it's already over...... =( now that it's ending in two months, I'm going to start watching the first season again. oh and like Marlena said, congrats to Matt on his new show with Aimee. I'm definitely going to be tuning in. and marlena.... I shall continue this post on to the OFF TOPIC board ;]

Hey now, I never said everyone is happy lol There are many very upset by the news but my point was that those who are rejoicing won't stop doing so simply because they're told they feel otherwise lmao I was messing with ya trying to lighten the mood around here lol And to be clear, I am sad to see the show end but like I said before, I just feel it's for the best. It's gonna be very bittersweet but it's just time to let it go.

thec0mebackman

[13]Mar 9, 2013
    ^^ bittersweet forsure. more bitter than sweet. I didn't know the original 90210 lasted ten seasons. TEN? wow. i cannot see 90210 go that far (if it weren't cancelled) I think every show should only last 7 seasons. unless its momentum is going great, then keep going. but no point in discussing the what could have beens, because this show is gone indefinitely. two more months left, everyone.... =( I totally agree with @Adam_Dicy. you couldn't have said it better. that's what bothered me so much back in season 3/4. the whole family dynamics was what made 90210 so spectacular to watch. I repeat, Season 1 was flawless because of it. i loved Gma Tabitha and the fact that they mysteriously dropped her was inexcusable. IDK. I sometimes wonder who the hell makes these decisions. I should've ran the show back in S2. lol. Sinclair kinda ruined it for me, to be honest. things went south when they kicked Harry to the curb. and Jennie Garth. how could they do that? they wanted to emphasize on the kids, i get that but it didn't mean they could just dispose the OG adults. so unfair and uncalled for. they never explained what happened to Kelly. I mean, to the fans, she's still technically living in front of Silver's place. AND she's still the school counselor. so where was she back in S3?? oh right, Nowheresville. Harry found a new GF and lives a couple hours away. Deb is still in Europe touring with Ryan. they should have stuck around. I'm getting mad about this for the billionth time LOL. once again, I conclude by saying that - Rebeca Sinclair ruined this show. when she took over, 90210 was doomed.

johnmarlena422

[14]Mar 10, 2013
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    ^^ bittersweet forsure. more bitter than sweet. I didn't know the original 90210 lasted ten seasons. TEN? wow. i cannot see 90210 go that far (if it weren't cancelled) I think every show should only last 7 seasons. unless its momentum is going great, then keep going. but no point in discussing the what could have beens, because this show is gone indefinitely. two more months left, everyone.... =( I totally agree with @Adam_Dicy. you couldn't have said it better. that's what bothered me so much back in season 3/4. the whole family dynamics was what made 90210 so spectacular to watch. I repeat, Season 1 was flawless because of it. i loved Gma Tabitha and the fact that they mysteriously dropped her was inexcusable. IDK. I sometimes wonder who the hell makes these decisions. I should've ran the show back in S2. lol. Sinclair kinda ruined it for me, to be honest. things went south when they kicked Harry to the curb. and Jennie Garth. how could they do that? they wanted to emphasize on the kids, i get that but it didn't mean they could just dispose the OG adults. so unfair and uncalled for. they never explained what happened to Kelly. I mean, to the fans, she's still technically living in front of Silver's place. AND she's still the school counselor. so where was she back in S3?? oh right, Nowheresville. Harry found a new GF and lives a couple hours away. Deb is still in Europe touring with Ryan. they should have stuck around. I'm getting mad about this for the billionth time LOL. once again, I conclude by saying that - Rebeca Sinclair ruined this show. when she took over, 90210 was doomed.

Well there's a reason the original lasted 10 seasons, It was amazing. Actually though, Jennie was never kicked to the curb, she left on her own because she didn't like where they were taking her character. Rob however was.

sleepydumbdude

[15]Apr 4, 2013
    • level: 2
    Sad to see it go but I have just been watching it out of habit since season 2. I think the story lines get a bit worse each season.

Sci-FiLover22

[16]May 11, 2013
    • level: 3

i love 90210 but i think its about time.

90210 did too many things that really was annoying.example how they made everyone sleep with eachother

it should have stayed

navid & ade

dixon & silver

the cheating storyline would have still work with them and the babystoryline as well.

and

liam should have been trying to figure it out between annie and noami.

but i think it was time for it to end but i am mad that its not gone get a proper send off now that sucks.

johnmarlena422

[17]May 11, 2013
    I've thought it should end for a while now but it's really a shame that now that it's ending, it actually starts to get good again. If they had had episodes like the more recent ones all along, it most likely would not have been canceled