90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

90210 Season 5 SPOILER Thread

johnmarlena422

[21]May 27, 2011
    • level: 16

stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Lol same here. It took me a while to warm up to Ade but now I think she brings much needed drama.

I'm one of those fans that have just adored Ade from the start. Really from her very first scene I liked her and once I saw the scene where she called Silver "b!tch-lips" I was pretty much sold lol Even though I've always loved Silver too, I just loved the cattiness, that's another thing I wanna see more of lol oh and when she screwed with Annie, loved that too lol I know a lot of viewers hated on her for that since Annie was seen as the "good heroine" but I never really cared for Annie (until late second half of season 2 where I began to warm up to her) So I was thoroughly amused at Ade screwing with her and the way she played it and played her, to me, was just pure magic LOL

Ade is definitely not the easiest character to root for but I always find myself rooting for her anyways lol She's done some things that have made me just wanna slap her upside the head, and most of her pain she's inflicted on herself but even despite all that there's just something dysfunctionally infectious about her that makes me just wanna lay her head on my shoulder and say "aww there there Ade" LOL JL is just such an amazing actress and plays the role so well that I can't help but to feel for her.

Sidenote question: I'm not sure if it was the finale or the ep before that but whenever Ade and Silver got their nails done and they were talking about how happy they were to still be friends, referencing being close friends since they were little?? Umm okay hold on a minute..WHAA?? Can someone please clear this up for me because from what I remember with the cattiness and name calling back in season 1 they weren't exactly friendly and that was only a couple years ago let alone all the way back to childhood..I don't know if it's just me but I recall no such backstory so I'm really at a loss lol Thoughts/insight anyone??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

evafan2005

[22]May 27, 2011
    • level: 18

the only thing I could think of for that is maybe Ade took Naomi's side after Silver and Naomi had their falling out? Because let's be real, Silver and Naomi would probably have the same conversation.

johnmarlena422

[23]May 27, 2011
    evafan2005 wrote:

the only thing I could think of for that is maybe Ade took Naomi's side after Silver and Naomi had their falling out? Because let's be real, Silver and Naomi would probably have the same conversation.

Yeah probably but for me it's much more believable with Naomi because Silver and her had both said during S1 that they were bff's up until the drama with 'Horn Dog Mel' lol It was still a little ? for me because I was like "what kinda best friend does that? (Naomi spillin the dirt to everyone)but then I'm like well Naomi did also tell 'the mean girls 2.0' that Ade was back on drugs when she really wasn't..then Silver swooped in on Ade's bf, and Ade chemically altered Silver's mental health intentionally driving her to lose her damn mind lol so with this show's track record for friendships it's a lot more believable with Naomi especially since she was pretty immature back then but with Ade/Silver it doesn't make much sense to me. Must be another episode of '90210 fill in the blanks' in which you're probably right Ade siding with Nae and the writers just assumed we'd come up with the back story ourselves, of course relieving them of any additional work LOL Anyways thanks for the imput Evafan, because I've been truly puzzled over that wtf moment haha

stellarchick86

[24]May 27, 2011
    • level: 32
    Yeah, Id assume the same, that they were friends until Naomi and Silver stopped being friends and then Ade took Naomis side, which is probably why Ade feels so leftout now since Naomi is taking Silvers side, and its on something that involves Ade to begin with! As far as early season 1 goes, I cant remember how Ade was towards Silver because Ive only seen it once and my memory is awful, but if they were sort of awkward around like they HADNT been friends first, then Id say its just a continuity error because they set up the Silver/Naomi friendship but they didnt really explain Ades role in it, like if she was Silvers replacement (which is what I thought) or if shes been there from the beginning (maybe they didnt think Ade was going to be a big character so it didnt matter. For example, supposedly Donna Martin was going to be a smaller character, which I dont know how much I believe that since it was her father's show, and then as time went on they decided to give her a bigger role, rather than have her be on Kellys wavelength to begin with).

johnmarlena422

[25]May 27, 2011
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Yeah, Id assume the same, that they were friends until Naomi and Silver stopped being friends and then Ade took Naomis side, which is probably why Ade feels so leftout now since Naomi is taking Silvers side, and its on something that involves Ade to begin with! As far as early season 1 goes, I cant remember how Ade was towards Silver because Ive only seen it once and my memory is awful, but if they were sort of awkward around like they HADNT been friends first, then Id say its just a continuity error because they set up the Silver/Naomi friendship but they didnt really explain Ades role in it, like if she was Silvers replacement (which is what I thought) or if shes been there from the beginning (maybe they didnt think Ade was going to be a big character so it didnt matter. For example, supposedly Donna Martin was going to be a smaller character, which I dont know how much I believe that since it was her father's show, and then as time went on they decided to give her a bigger role, rather than have her be on Kellys wavelength to begin with).

Actually yeah, JL was initially only hired short term. Adrianna was never planned on being a long term main character..she was brought on for the purpose of being a source for drama to help "kick off the spin off" lol then ended up being extended several more episodes for the "drug addiction" storyline and then at the end of it they planned to kill her off..Remember when she OD'd right after Naomi took the blame for her? Yeah, that was supposed to kill her lol But Ade turned out to be such a good source for drama they brought her on as a main character..Thank god I say lol

stellarchick86

[26]May 27, 2011
    Wow! That takes a lot of guts to just kill of a character who is a TEEN for no real reason. I figured that she wouldve gone to make a movie and never come back or something.

johnmarlena422

[27]May 27, 2011
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Wow! That takes a lot of guts to just kill of a character who is a TEEN for no real reason. I figured that she wouldve gone to make a movie and never come back or something.

Yeah, I know she was supposed to be written off and so they were trying to come up with how to do it and I think they wanted to make her exit a really big shock/jaw dropper and that would have been considering the long lasting reprecussions it would have had on Naomi especially, I mean imagine telling your best friend "I hate you, you're dead to me" and then finding out they are, in fact, dead. But I didn't care what good drama it would've brought, I was flippin' furious when I heard they were planning to kill Ade but then they found a few brain cells and fixed it so it's all good lol

stellarchick86

[28]May 27, 2011
    ^Hahaha totally! What was the fight with Naomi and Ade again? I cant remember. I just remember in s2 or whatever when all the girls thought she was using again and they would like follow her around and stuff (so shes been an outcast for quite a while when you think about it, sadly) But s1 I cant really remember much at all.

johnmarlena422

[29]May 28, 2011
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Hahaha totally! What was the fight with Naomi and Ade again? I cant remember. I just remember in s2 or whatever when all the girls thought she was using again and they would like follow her around and stuff (so shes been an outcast for quite a while when you think about it, sadly) But s1 I cant really remember much at all.

Well I know before Ade really quit there was that search at the school with the cops courtesy principle hottie lol and in an effort to save Ade Naomi took her drugs thinking shed be able to get to the bathroom and flush them before anyone noticed, ultimately sacraficing herself for Ade which was kinda sweet when ya think about it lol So Nae got busted and once she realized daddy couldn't just snap his fingers and get her out of this one she begged Ade to come with her to her attorney and come clean which Adrianna did finally agree to, terrified and all so she went home to tell her mom what she had done and of course her controlling, overbearing mother was already celebrating some acting gig Ade had landed and told her it was the only thing keeping them from being homeless.. Ade couldn't deal so she got high again and that's when she OD'd and of course her near death body laying on the floor made it pretty hard to show up across town to meet the attorney so Nae, not aware of what happened called and left her a message pretty much going off on her and it ended with 'you're dead to me' and if I recall correctly, it was a while before Naomi would even speak to Ade again.
    Sorry for the excessive commentary but hey it is what it is LOL

I attached a vid below from season 1 that I made of Ade long time ago just in case ya wanna refresh your memory, it has the scenes where Naomi covers for Ade as well as when she OD's..of course if u were gonna do that u might as well just watch the scene itself lol but oh well haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1sT8mXPFFg

stellarchick86

[30]May 28, 2011
    ^LOL! You did fine explaining it, thank you! I completely remember now, just that my mind went blank on what actually happened having to sit back and think about it. Back during s1, Silver was my favorite so I probably paid most attention to her scenes and now in s3 its Naomi so I cant really remember a whole lot of Naomi in s1 because she wasnt my fave like she is now so (plus my memory sucks LOL) Thanks again! Do you own them on DVD?
    Edited on 05/28/2011 12:15am

johnmarlena422

[31]May 28, 2011
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^LOL! You did fine explaining it, thank you! I completely remember now, just that my mind went blank on what actually happened having to sit back and think about it. Back during s1, Silver was my favorite so I probably paid most attention to her scenes and now in s3 its Naomi so I cant really remember a whole lot of Naomi in s1 because she wasnt my fave like she is now so (plus my memory sucks LOL) Thanks again! Do you own them on DVD?

Haha it's cool I forget a lot of details too and no I don't have the DVD but between all the Liam/Naomi, Ade, Naomi/Cannon/Silver, Silver/Dixon, vids I've made it kinda gets engraved in your memory LOL and like you I remember more bout my favs haha and like I've said I loved Ade from day one and I always kinda felt like she went down hill after giving up her baby so I guess I remember season one the best because personally it was the most enjoyable for me lol I know Ade screwed up a lot even at the beginning but I always felt like in S1 despite her mistakes, at her core she stayed true to who she was where as S2 and up she really started acting gradually more and more out of character. Honestly though, I really liked all three Ade, Nae, and Silver right away the only one I didn't like was Annie lol

iheartgreys101

[32]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 5
    It's so cool how you mentioned that Ade was only supposed to be a short term character and then became permanent because of her popularity. Clearly I go for characters like these lol, because two of my other fav. characters- Summer Roberts and Brooke Davis (OC and OTH)- were also pretty much the same: meant to have been cast for only a few episodes as 'fun' characters, but became so popular with the fans that they ended up becoming series regulars

LOL I was also bewildered by the 'we've been friends since we were little' talk that Ade and Silver had after getting their nails done, I figured like you guys that Ade, Silver and Naomi had all been friends since 'they were little' and that Ade just stuck with Naomi while Silver broke away from them during her fight with Naomi. I love Ade, I hope they do something good with her next season! And ditto, I've always liked Annie the least of all the girls lol.

johnmarlena422

[33]Jun 1, 2011
    Same here.

Even if Ade went out and committed murder, sadly, I think I'd still like her because you know she'd rock doing it LOL

johnmarlena422

[34]Jun 4, 2011

Ahh, always so dead in the summer..

..*I got a pocket got a pocket full of sunshine!!*..

Edited on 06/04/2011 9:34am

txgirl75

[35]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 23
    I'm so ready for some spoilers for season 4..

johnmarlena422

[36]Jun 4, 2011
    I'm ready for season 4 LOL but I suppose some spoilers would suffice :-P

txgirl75

[37]Jun 4, 2011
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    I'm ready for season 4 LOL but I suppose some spoilers would suffice :-P
    I don't know why but this is the only show I like to hear spoilers on. On any other show ilike to be suprised. I guess because this show is getting new showrunners and I can't wait to see what they are going to do. Who's coming back and who's not coming back.

johnmarlena422

[38]Jun 4, 2011
    I just can't help being spoiled with my favorite shows.

txgirl75

[39]Jun 6, 2011
    I read over on CW tvcom that Trever who plays Teddy he will be on 5 episodes then gone. Don't know about any of you but that made my day. Gay or not I just didn't care for him.

johnmarlena422

[40]Jun 6, 2011
    txgirl75 wrote:
    I read over on CW tvcom that Trever who plays Teddy he will be on 5 episodes then gone. Don't know about any of you but that made my day. Gay or not I just didn't care for him.

I guess that answers my question about Marco lol

Personally, I think Teddy is and has always been a missed opportunity in spades but whatcha gonna do lol