90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

Anything goes..

johnmarlena422

[1]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 16

Okie doke, here is our official off topic thread hehe

So comebackman, now that I know you like TVD It got me curious, what other shows do ya watch??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thec0mebackman

[2]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 15
    haha. sweeeet.... thanks for making this! (where you at Stellar?) oh and everybody else, feel free to converse with us.......... you're obviously more than welcome.

Marlena, i know you watch Pretty Little Liars as well. as far as shows go.... (i'm bored and waiting for my friend so don't mind me rambling on) it all started with Degrassi at age 11. at the time i only watched cartoons #cough Pokemon and Teen Titans. LOL and i wanted to watch something "adult" because my older siblings watched their shows like Smallville and i wanted to blend in. after Degrassi, i was hooked. that's all i ever watched with my cartoons. then senior year came around and i heard of Shenae landing the lead in 90210, i obviously tuned in for her. i fell in love. and then the following year, Nina landed a lead in tVD. again, i watched it for her. fell in love as well. we switched our cables and Degrassi was no longer in the picture (though i swear i will catch up on the past 3 seasons that i've missed) and i knew right away after 90210 and TVD, i was hooked on teen drama. (and that is how c0mebackman came to being with his love for shows) hahaha. besides 90210 and TVD, i also watch Pretty Little Liars, Pan Am, Secret Circle, and [don't shoot me people] Jersey Shore. if they're not on my dvr, then i watch and tune in to 1000 Ways to Die, or National Geographic. i also still watch 3 cartoons (which would explain my avatar pic) though i haven't been watching them this season because of the hectic schedule, but i plan on doing so. aside from all of this, c0mebackman has an outside life and i swear it LOL speaking of, the outside world is calling my name hahaha..... what shows does everybody else watch?

johnmarlena422

[3]Dec 13, 2011
    Oh you watch Secret circle too? Awesome. I gotta ask, who are your fav characters??

stellarchick86

[4]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 32
    Ill just come in to say Hi...Hi! haha I dont really watch a lot of those CW/Nick type shows except for One Tree Hill and Hart of Dixie which I dont think you guys do (except for JohnMarlena and OTH and I think I exhausted her with that show! hahaha) so I will bow out and let you guys talk.

johnmarlena422

[5]Dec 13, 2011
    Haha yeah Stellar, I don't really watch nick either. TVD and Secret circle are definitely nowhere near nick haha the closest one would be PLL since its on abc family but even that is a far cry lol

Anywho, you're of course welcome to talk about any topic as well..Doesn't have to be shows but while on the subject, did you catch the OTH return promo?? Omg Lucas's hair made me wanna cry LOL

thec0mebackman

[6]Dec 14, 2011
    Stellar, come join in on the conversation. everybody should (that's the whole point of this thread)

Marlena, my favorite character is definitely ....hmm i'm still bad with their names but the black girl? Sarah i think is her name? and Cassie. Cassie's the sh*t. the guy who died was my favorite from the male but the males on this show are crap. the lead male who is bound to be with Cassie, is an annoying character. sounds like he is trying too hard to have a deep voice. can't wait for the Black Magic stuff to come out. Cassie seems badas$ in the 2012 promo. who do you think is her half sister?? i think it's Faye. those two will make an awesome duo as the bad girls.

johnmarlena422

[7]Dec 14, 2011
    Is there even a black character? lol To be honest, I don't really care for Cassie. I liked her at first but I don't like the way she keeps going after guys she knows the other girls have feelings for just because she can, not cool lol My favorite is Faye and I def think she will be the other Blackwell offspring. Though, again I am biased because I was already a PT (Faye) fan going into the show

I didn't like Diana at first either but now that she's actually growing a backbone and standing up for herself, I enjoy her more. I don't mind Adam but I found Nick more entertaining and Melissa bores me to tears lol

evafan2005

[8]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 18

my other shows are: Desperate Housewives, Revenge, Ringer, Once Upon A Time, Pretty Little Liars and I'm just getting back into Degrassi...I stopped watching after season 6 so I have A LOT of catching up to do!

johnmarlena422

[9]Dec 15, 2011
    Yeah, I watch almost everything you do Eva, minus DH. Out of curiosity, what do you think of the new shows Revenge, Ringer, and Once Upon A Time so far??

thec0mebackman

[10]Dec 16, 2011
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Is there even a black character? lol To be honest, I don't really care for Cassie. I liked her at first but I don't like the way she keeps going after guys she knows the other girls have feelings for just because she can, not cool lol My favorite is Faye and I def think she will be the other Blackwell offspring. Though, again I am biased because I was already a PT (Faye) fan going into the show

I didn't like Diana at first either but now that she's actually growing a backbone and standing up for herself, I enjoy her more. I don't mind Adam but I found Nick more entertaining and Melissa bores me to tears lol

haha! the black girl i was referring to was Melissa. she's black i believe? her cousin was, so i just assumed she was also. and i totally agree about your thoughts on Cassie about the guys. she's kind of whore-ing herself out....... she knows she can get the two and she uses it to her advantage. it must suck for both Faye and Diane. i loved the episode where they go to Faye's grandfather's house and they play truth or dare. Faye is definitely her other sister. can't wait to see how that unfolds. you find Melissa boring? i think she's very underrated and they can do a lot with her. i also don't think Nick is dead. i feel like he is going to come back

evafan2005 wrote:

my other shows are: Desperate Housewives, Revenge, Ringer, Once Upon A Time, Pretty Little Liars and I'm just getting back into Degrassi...I stopped watching after season 6 so I have A LOT of catching up to do!

we watch half of the same things. and that is awesome, Eva. how do you like Degrassi? i stopped after season 10, but season 7 is their weirdest season yet. it's dark, but has its "miss moments". oh and in season 7.... Shenae Grimes definitely dominates. season 7 is her character's season. how did you like the season premiere? weren't you just blown away. this makes me miss Degrassi. lol i haven't watched in so long.

johnmarlena422

[11]Dec 16, 2011

Well, maybe it's just that they haven't given Melissa any decent material to work with or decent screen time for that matter but yeah for whatever reason I just don't find her that interesting, at least not yet. But I also didn't like Diana very much at first but now that she's sort of come out of her shell and is learning more how to stand her ground, I really enjoy her.. So who knows, only time will tell with Melissa. Oh and by the by after posting my "what black girl" line, I then realized it was indeed Melissa you were talking about lol I guess I just didn't connect the dots right off the bat because she's fairly light skinned. I just figured she was mixed but then I remembered the cousin haha

Cassie's a deal breaker for me though lol I just have very little tolerance for people who pretend to be something they're not and Cassie is essentially "A wolf in sheeps clothing" as the saying goes..She wants everyone to think she's this wondefully angelic good girl but then when she thinks no one's looking she turns around and keeps doing these really screwed up things. Don't get me wrong, I love a bad girl but if you're gonna be bad then don't pretend to be good and Cassie acts one way and preaches one thing and then does another and then once she slips back into her radiance of perfection, has the nerve to continue judging everyone else by such high standards that she, herself, doesn't even live up to. If you're gonna be a bitch be a bitch but be upfront with who you are, don't sit up on your high horse looking down on everyone else like you're better than them when just seconds before you were right down there in the mud with them lol This is why I love Faye so much because she stays true to who she is, she's a bad ass bitch and not only does she not hide it but she embraces it..She doesn't go through the back door and sneak up on you like a rattle snake, she stabs you in the front lol Cassie on the other hand is a whole different animal lol She goes after Adam in her sneaky little "Cassie" way lol and then once she succeeds in breaking up Adam and Diana she no longer has any interest in Adam so what does she do?? She turns around and goes after Jake, yet another one of the girls love interest, of course..So let's review: Diana loves Adam= Cassie wants him, Faye has unresolved feelings for Jake= Cassie wants him, and I'm willing to bet if Nick were still alive she'd be targeting him as well lol Cassie is just one of those girls that will take your man, not because she wants him, but just because she can and I know she's the main character so everyone's supposed to automatically love her and blah, blah,blah lol but I just don't care..She's two-faced, hypocritical, manipulative, underhanded, and completely overrated. Okay sorry for my extended long rant lol but I just wanted to explain my reasoning behind disliking Cassie because from the moment she showed up in town she has gradually, and little by little been showing her true colors and that is exactly what I see lol But hey that's Jmho and I'm sure we're in for some great Faye/Cassie drama either way ;-) hehe

Edited on 12/16/2011 11:57am

evafan2005

[12]Dec 16, 2011

johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Yeah, I watch almost everything you do Eva, minus DH. Out of curiosity, what do you think of the new shows Revenge, Ringer, and Once Upon A Time so far??

I love all of them so far, but Revenge and Once Upon A Time are tied for my absolute favorite. I like Ringer but the twists and slow pace can be frustrating sometimes. It's almost TOO twisty you know? Revenge is awesome because it gives little slices of satisfaction in each episode. Once Upon A Time was a surprising one to me. I actually went into it expecting to not like it but I LOVE it. I was wondering how I would spend my Sundays after DH goes off the air and I think I've found the answer! What about you? Omg and did you read that we're going to find out who A is in the season 2 finale of PLL?? So excited!!

evafan2005

[13]Dec 16, 2011

thec0mebackman wrote:
    we watch half of the same things. and that is awesome, Eva. how do you like Degrassi? i stopped after season 10, but season 7 is their weirdest season yet. it's dark, but has its "miss moments". oh and in season 7.... Shenae Grimes definitely dominates. season 7 is her character's season. how did you like the season premiere? weren't you just blown away. this makes me miss Degrassi. lol i haven't watched in so long.

Ohhh yeah I did see season 7, I forgot haha. though I don't know how I could, that is DEFINITELY Shenae's season. That was when Darcy went from being "who?" to "WHOA!"...simply incredible. I have caught a few other episodes of random seasons here and there but nothing solid. I need to find season 8 online and start catching up.

johnmarlena422

[14]Dec 16, 2011
    evafan2005 wrote:

johnmarlena422 wrote:

I love all of them so far, but Revenge and Once Upon A Time are tied for my absolute favorite. I like Ringer but the twists and slow pace can be frustrating sometimes. It's almost TOO twisty you know? Revenge is awesome because it gives little slices of satisfaction in each episode. Once Upon A Time was a surprising one to me. I actually went into it expecting to not like it but I LOVE it. I was wondering how I would spend my Sundays after DH goes off the air and I think I've found the answer! What about you? Omg and did you read that we're going to find out who A is in the season 2 finale of PLL?? So excited!!

I love them all too with my order being 1. Revenge
    2.Once upon a time
    3. Ringer

They're all really great but I agree Ringer can get a little too caught up in the twists and to be honest, I was a little annoyed that they killed Gemma off immediately after bringing her back, I found that a little ridiculous and down right silly lol but boy they were not kidding when they said every character would have another side to them
    Revenge has become a full fledged addiction for me though, it's just way too delicious to resist and that "you sabotaged our alliance because you fell for a hooker" line was pure gold, I still can not get over it lol

I did not know that about PLL but that is so exciting, I can't wait. Do we know when the show will be back yet?

evafan2005

[15]Dec 16, 2011

That's my order too! Revenge is delicious as is Daniel Grayson...mmmm.....and I agree, that line was just...awesome. And I am right there with you, Gemma getting killed just made me so mad. It was so pointless to even bring her back, you know? The fact that EVERYONE has so much duality to them is crazy, it really throws me for a loop. Nothing is ever what it seems on that show.

And PLL comes back January 2nd, it's on Mondays again (which works, that way it's not interfering with 90210 haha)

johnmarlena422

[16]Dec 16, 2011
    Yes, Daniel definitely is, though I do love both the leading men.

Yeah Gemma being killed was so irritating because I was actually really looking forward to her return..Call me crazy but I always thought it'd be cool for her and Bridget to team up against the evil twin plotting their demise lol Siobhan is such a puzzle to me that she hurts my head lol

Can't wait for Jan 2nd then haha
    Any thoughts on who A will turn out to be?? Everytime I think I know I just get completely stumped again lol

evafan2005

[17]Dec 16, 2011

Are you referring to Nolan or Jack? Because if you mean Jack then yes, I agree. If you mean Nolan....eesh....I personally find him a bit creepy haha.

Siobhan IS very hard to figure out. I still want to know just why she is trying to bring down Bridget. I personally think it has something to do with that little boy we saw in the pilot (he was in a picture with Siobhan).

Well at first I thought it was Jenna and Garrett but now I feel like that would be WAY too obvious....so I really have no idea. That's the beauty of it though, it could be anybody.

johnmarlena422

[18]Dec 16, 2011
    Definitely Jack lol Nolan's not so much my cup of tea haha

And yeah I agree about Siobhan.. No way is she trying to off her own sister just because of some bad blood that resulted from Bridget's drug addiction..There's gotta be more to it and knowing this show there's A LOT more to it lol But Siobhan has been doing some pretty terrible things so I'm interested to see what her motivation is and what exactly her true intentions are..Though I'm not quite sure if we'll ever really know that lol

I used to think it was Jenna and Garrett as well but then with the most recent events revealing the frame up, that just made it way too easy so it's definitely gotta be someone else

evafan2005

[19]Dec 16, 2011

whew! I was worried for a sec there haha.

Yeah there is definitely more than meets the eye, not just with Siobhan but with everybody. I just hope we get SOME answers by the end of the season!

Did you watch the Halloween episode? Because that pretty much eliminates Jenna as the possibility of being A.

PS I'm going to go out on a limb and say that judging by your name you're a DOOL fan?

Edited on 12/16/2011 10:34pm

johnmarlena422

[20]Dec 17, 2011
    Yeah, I did see the halloween ep, though I may need a refresher course lol

And yes big DOOL fan, though we have had a love/hate relationship for the past few yrs lol