90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

Anything goes..

  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [1121]Jan 30, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:

    please do tell more about these forums... what are they called and where can i sign up?! haha yeah tv.com is so dead it's quite pathetic.


    Haha well I'm sure that was rhetorical for kicks but I shall divulge anyhow just for the hell of it lol Just in case it wasn't painfully obvious lol I was referring to the official Fan Forum website which sad little me only discovered back when TSC was ending (RIP) but it's pretty cool that they have forums for every show like ever whether past or present. I myself am usually somewhere lost in the land of Delena lol but I do manage to swing by 90210 frequently and yes it is considerably more lively than our vortex of shame lmao
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    I honestly think Lannie is coming back this season, but believe it or not I'm so over them. screw the couples on 90210!


    Yep, you are definitely on the money on that one. Lannie will no doubt be reunited, I'd say, no later than this season's end. Lannie and Navianna were voted 90210's top 2 couples that fans wanna see back together and Lannie made the top 2 couples of entire CW network with all shows combined the top two fan-fave couples were Lannie and Delena. I gotta say I'm a little surprised 90210 even made that cut at all considering how poorly they've handled their pairings in comparison to some of the other shows. I'm even more surprised that Navianna was even listed as a choice considering how long it's been since they were together but to be fair most voters chose them saying either put Navid with Adrianna or kill him off already cuz he sucks and we hate him..basically was the jist lol so it's not even really a choice because most would just as soon see him thrown off a cliff lol but personally I'm with you..This season has been so much better and it can't be a coincidence that the focus has not been on the couples quite as much because frankly, this show sucks at knowing their pairings and writing for them but the point buried in that long run-on sentence up above there is that yes Lannie are pretty much a dead lock at this point and they're on their way back with a vengeance LOL


    thec0mebackman wrote:

    I hear American Horror Story is creepy. pointless plot, my friends say, but the storylines and the flow of the show are superb they say and creep your bones out.
    ..

    Okay don't laugh but I'm so unfamiliar with that show that I wanna say I've never heard of it but then I'm like oh wait deja vu yes I have lol okay u can laugh I suppose lol I'm sure there's promos on tv all the time but I don't do commercials..FF all the way..Until I see Ian Somerhalder..Then, I stop, play, watch my baby in slo-mo and then go back to FF through it all lol

    thec0mebackman wrote:
    so..... IF you don't mind. list me ALL the shows you're currently watching. i'll do that with mine right now. I have never ever watched these many shows, ever.


    Well, I'm sure soaps don't apply but since you didn't exclude daytime, I'll make sure to include it LOL

    American Idol, Are We There Yet, Arrow, Baggage(courtesy of Stellar lol),B&B, The Big Bang Theory, Big Brother(when in airing season), Elementary(tid bit lol), OLTL(Classic), GH(Both classic and current), 90210, Nikita, Once Upon A Time, Pretty Little Liars, Private Practice, Revenge, Scandal(tid bit 2 lol), Suburgatory, THE LYING GAME (LOL), The Vampire Diaries,...Man that's a lot of TV and yet somehow I feel I'm leaving something out lol but to be fair AWTY, Elementary, and Scandal are more casual watching, I catch a ep here and there but miss more than I see..Sadly, most of the rest are irreplaceable attachments that my sad little world would go crazy without lmao

    thec0mebackman wrote:
    and LOL at your obsession with TLG. i saw the commercials. the lead of the show has gotten a lot hotter, not to mention I can see her acting become massively impressive! and that's just the commercial. she seems so much more confident and sure of herself. when i quit my job and focus on school, trust me I will be watching it. lol.


    Hey my obsession is completely natural!! haha

    In all serious though, you're judgement by the promos in terms of the show's growth is so true, the show has gotten so much better - The villains are getting insanely bold with the moves they're making, the heroins/good guys are armored up top-to-bottom ready 4 a fight and more fierce than ever, and after all this time the twins have been developing this feud from states apart now they're finally both in the same place at the same time, identical twins yet polar opposites of each other - one trusting and naive, the other selfish and vindictive and now they finally have to face the giant mess they've made, not to mention each other lol so there's this huge conflict constantly boiling over like a ticking time bomb and the only thing that's clear throughout the entire twisted mystery is that there's a reason dark secrets get buried and if you're gonna go digging them up..Well, just remember what curiousity did to the cat lmao

    As for your comment on the female lead of the series looking so much better than she did when the spin-off debuted. I completely agree, her looks have improved almost to the point of looking like a completely different person but that was definitely an intentional distinction made by the show runner execs and writing team because of the character's background - she comes from abuse and neglect of the foster system where she was rarely fed let alone clothed and the only thing she did have to show for it was a foster brother constantly trying to rape her both in the trailer park she grew up and in her twin's life he followed her to. Point being the girl might as well have lived out on the streets her whole life so they had to dress her accordingly to make it believable that she came from that but once she stopped believing that was the life she deserved she was able to embrace her new better life - ergo - the beautiful butterfly that emerged haha

    Her acting has indeed grown above and beyond what she was originally capable of pulling off and she's gotten so good at playing the emotional stuff and she's definitely more confidant because she's been screwed with so much, got sick and tired of having to roll over and play dead while they play god with her life so she just kinda got to the point where she's like alright you want a war you've got one, bringing all hell down on their heads haha reminds me a lot of Spencer in that way(aww my poor Spencer) it's not just her though even though she's great, they've got a very talented cast and the female lead's best friend is absolutely incredible so naturally they always limit her material so she won't outshine the rest of the cast lol but what I really love that stands out about TLG is the male cast because it's seemingly so rare to find a show where the male leads can hold their own against the female leads but damn those guys got skills haha

    I feel ya on not having the time for new shows though, half my dvr stuff is weeks, even months old lol so doesn't really matter how great a show is if you can't ever get around to actually watching it lol


    thec0mebackman wrote:
    my new favorite show right now is White Collar. a mystery/crime/comedy. FREAKING GENIUS. sheer brilliance, colorful ideas, and immense creativity rolled into one. i can't stress how good it is. oh and... WALKING DEAD. OMG. at first i thought: WTF is all this hype? everyone kept talking about it. so i finally decided to check it out. BEST LIFE DECISION. LOL. sooo....gooood. seriously Marlena I wished you watched it so we can discuss. the Walking Dead is the ONLY show to ever make me cry like a bajillion times. you should make time out of your busy life. S1 only has 6 eps, season 2 has 14. so it aint bad! you can catch up. there are so many twists and turns, heartbreaks, jawdroppers, and mind-blowing scenes/stories, that it'll leave you stunned. TRUST ME. this one episode, one very very important character dies (won't give it away) and his/her death was perhaps the saddest death i've ever witnessed on TV. i was legit crying for 20 min, i felt so lonely in this world lmao that's how much this show has impacted me.


    Well those two I have definitely heard of at least haha but still was never too familar with the actual essence of the shows but they definitely sound interesting enough..Maybe once I catch up on my obsessions I can check them out lol in return I highly highly recommend Revenge..It's just delicious..In epic proportions lol And you know what a critic I am by witness to my past reviews on 90210 lol so I don't say this lightly, or usually at all lol but that show is absolutely flawless - creative brilliance at its best hehe

    thec0mebackman wrote:
    aside from those two, i'm still into 90210 (loving season 5!) TVD, PLL, oh and ARROW. you watch? i really like it. it's still slow-paced right now but they do deliver. Ive started watching Glee on Netflix. since Jersey Shore ended (thank god) my brain cells are restoring themselves from all the stupid LOL so i decided to watch Glee since i had room for one more show. oh and the LA Complex. it's been on hiatus but i'd still watch it if and when it comes back on.


    Love Arrow - though to be fair, I could watch the male lead in anything all day long (excuse the drool lmao) Is LA Complex coming back?? I heard it was canceled which would suck because I am dying to see the world's response to Kal's coming out and how he deals with that

    I've honestly been loving 90210 though, which is something I haven't been able to say in sooo long

    Annie getting shot?? Awesome!! Love her but for dramatic purposes it was great

    Loving the return of Naomi/Ade as bffs Even loving the Teddy/Silver drama

    The only thing I'm not so thrilled with is the downfall of Max and Dixon but I guess it does make things interesting
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [1122]Feb 13, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    WOW. UN F*CKING BELIEVABLE. i wrote you the longest reply and TV.COM GAVE ME AN ERROR. !(#*@(#*@(#**&!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [1123]Feb 13, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    I tried going back to retrieve it. DUDE I AM SO PISSED ...@#@#@#>??????? WHYY??? UGH..... I'll reply back again next time after I apply for other colleges -__________-
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [1124]Feb 14, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982

    thec0mebackman wrote:
    I tried going back to retrieve it. DUDE I AM SO PISSED ...@#@#@#>??????? WHYY??? UGH..... I'll reply back again next time after I apply for other colleges -__________-
    Haha it's cool..That's happened to me plenty of times so no worries



    ETA: You should watch this when ya get a chance.



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeqMJV8J7a8



    It's just a short little promo I made but it might just convince you to watch the show


    Especially if 90210 really is getting canceled. Open slot?? I think so lol

    Edited on 02/22/2013 2:37am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [1125]Feb 23, 2013
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Hey guys! Hope you guys are doing well. Ive been hearing that 90210 is going to be cancelled in May, is that true? If so, I hope to catch up with you guys before then, since it will be our last time to watch it together. JohnMarlena, youve been watching Baggage?? Awesome! Isnt that show addicting? As for me, Ive actually been watching a lot of home renovation shows. I know, I know, it sounds incredibly lame, but I love watching things get a makeover haha. I was in a hotel room one night around Christmas and there was nothing on except like House Hunters or one of those shows and so I watched it. Now Im like addicted to it lol Another show that is really good that I think you guys will like is that show Deception. It started back in January though, but if you can figure out a way to watch it, then you guys should. Its a lot like Pretty Little Liars but its a bit more grownup. Speaking of PLL, Ive been continuing to watch that too. And also that show 'Girls' on HBO is pretty good too. So, anywho, I keep forgetting to catch up on this show, TVD and other CW shows. I know I need to. I will try to catch up on this show within the next few weeks and then TVD after that. Knowing this show though, Im probably not missing a whole lot! LOL And for the record, I havent been to IMDB in months either, so its not just here. Hope all is well and I will chat with you all later.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [1126]Feb 23, 2013
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Oh OH OH! I just remembered what I wanted to say LOL. Speaking of PLL, what did you think of the big revelation with Toby? I thought that was such a cheap way to get out of it! I mean, come on. The good part about it though was Troian's awesome acting afterwards.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [1127]Feb 24, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Oh OH OH! I just remembered what I wanted to say LOL. Speaking of PLL, what did you think of the big revelation with Toby? I thought that was such a cheap way to get out of it! I mean, come on. The good part about it though was Troian's awesome acting afterwards.


    I hated that

    The pulled it off brilliantly as far as acting but as a big Spencer/Toby fan, broke my lil heart
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [1128]Feb 25, 2013
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Yeah, I agree. Plus it just seemed too...easy..or something. But I havent been thrilled with the show this season anyway, everyone from the Nate stuff on up. Im mainly watching it to see how it ends as an obligation at this point lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [1129]Feb 28, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yeah, I agree. Plus it just seemed too...easy..or something. But I havent been thrilled with the show this season anyway, everyone from the Nate stuff on up. Im mainly watching it to see how it ends as an obligation at this point lol.


    Yeah, the whole Toby thing is so ridiculous to me because it doesn't make sense for who he was on the show and not just his relationship with Spencer but his role as far as the mystery goes, the facts just really don't add up so I think they kinda just did it for shock value hoping we'd all forget that convenient little detail of how Toby was one of the "A" team's victims lol Anyway, I wouldn't say I don't like it anymore but there's only so long these types of series can go on without losing it's appeal and now with all the recent reveals of more people being involved, including parents, it's just gotten so over the top and just not believable. At this point, might as well have the entire town be "A" and why not bring in some distant relatives from out of town to join in on the fun too lol Okay, it probably does sound like I don't like it lol I do, it's just they've taken SO long to finally tell us who "A" is that I've kinda stopped caring lol I just wanna see the girls finally break free of this torture and have their happy ending and this just feels like beating a dead horse. I'm pretty much watching for my girl Spencer though because as far as the actual mystery goes, I don't believe anything they tell me anymore lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [1130]Mar 4, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    hiya Stellar! welcome back. I agree Marlena. i thought i was the only one who thought PLL has gone over the top. it's like, DUDE. we get it. we thought we found out who A was but now there's this blonde girl in red. it's obviously Alison. but since the writers love to twist things around, it's probably Alison's twin or something. that's my best bet. and like you said, I'm rooting for Spencer. (woohooo! finally you & I have the same favorite character!) LOL how incredible is Troian? Emily has gotten better too, so much better. i just feel like there are sooo many things going on at once that i sometimes forget what's actually happening.... too overwhelming. and OH YA, TVD. WOWZAAA..... spoiler alert if you haven't watched the latest ep. do you believe J**** IS DEAD???? I couldn't believe it. i think he'll be coming back when Silas raises everyone from the dead. I strongly think that Alaric, Aunt Jenna and Vickie will be coming back too. they kept refering to them in the last epi. quick comment : did any of you think Nina's acting when she had her breakdown a bit..... awful? I was seriously cringing. mad love for my baby girl but she could've done better.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [1131]Mar 5, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    hiya Stellar! welcome back. I agree Marlena. i thought i was the only one who thought PLL has gone over the top. it's like, DUDE. we get it. we thought we found out who A was but now there's this blonde girl in red. it's obviously Alison. but since the writers love to twist things around, it's probably Alison's twin or something. that's my best bet.
    Yeah, I agree they will most likely make "A" Alison's twin but personally, I think it'd be much more interesting if it was Alison herself. I mean, think about it: The girl they grew up with, loved and trusted like a sister, the very girl that each and every one of them would have died protecting and have been mourning all of this time turns out not only to be alive and well, while allowing them all to grieve for her, but also is the sole source for the perpetual hell they've all been living and has been the one terrorizing them this entire time...Can you imagine how that would rock their world?? I mean, if it's just the twin they can just write it off as the workings of a deranged psychopath without taking it too personal..Sure, it'd be its own kind of creepy but they'd move on..But or it to be Alison?? None of them would know what to do with that. There'd be so many questions about Alison's possible motivation and why she would do that to them..Were they ever even friends or was Alison scheming from the very beginning and they were all just pawns in her twisted little game?? See, it's just so much more interesting when it's someone who's close to you, who you've let into your life, than it is when it's just a random crazy person lol

    thec0mebackman wrote:
    and like you said, I'm rooting for Spencer. (woohooo! finally you & I have the same favorite character!)


    Yep, we do but then again we've always loved Spencer lol I mean, Idk many who watch the show so I really wouldn't know which girl is typically the favorite among viewers but I can't even imagine anyone NOT liking Spencer lol I mean cmon now, Spencer is freaking awesome!! lol Remember this?? " Don't you see how this all just spins and feeds on itself?? and it's never gonna stop until we stop "A" so if you all wanna sit around waiting for "A" to pick us off one by one you go right ahead but me?? I'm putting that b!tch down..Tonight!!"

    Now how can anyone not love that?! I maintain my girl Spencer is the FREAKING SH!T!! LOL

    thec0mebackman wrote:

    LOL how incredible is Troian? Emily has gotten better too, so much better. i just feel like there are sooo many things going on at once that i sometimes forget what's actually happening.... too overwhelming.


    Emily has gotten a lot better for the most part. Vast improvement from the start of the series but the one scene where she and Jason were supposedly stuck in that elevator and then Jason went plummeting into the black hole with Emily screaming out for him..Her acting in that particular scene was absolutely cringe-worthy..It was so bad that I had to look away out of embarrassment for the poor girl..I mean, truly horrendous lol

    thec0mebackman wrote:
    and OH YA, TVD. WOWZAAA..... spoiler alert if you haven't watched the latest ep. do you believe J**** IS DEAD???? I couldn't believe it. i think he'll be coming back when Silas raises everyone from the dead. I strongly think that Alaric, Aunt Jenna and Vickie will be coming back too. they kept refering to them in the last epi. quick comment : did any of you think Nina's acting when she had her breakdown a bit..... awful? I was seriously cringing. mad love for my baby girl but she could've done better.


    I honestly was so shocked that they killed off Jeremy, I mean, I know this is TVD we're talking about..It's a show where death is to be expected but he was Elena's last and only family left so for me, that seemed a bit cruel It's really sad because for the better first half of the show Jeremy was absolutely useless and then he finally comes into his own and develops into a character of actual substance and that's when they decide it's time..They wait until now, when Jeremy is at his absolute best and THEN decide that's the appropriate moment to kill him off?? Not cool As for Nina...Well we were on a roll so this would be about the time that other shoe drops lol I could not disagree anymore even if I tried lol I thought Nina was absolutely amazing on the last episode and was moved by her portrayal of the varying stages of grief, both brilliant and accurate Imho. Though, this should be no surprise really as we've always had differing opinions on Nina's acting abilities lol As great as I thought she was though, it was Matt who really got to me the most and without any big gestures or theatrics, all it took was a look. Somehow the most subtle expressions can often be the most powerful and that was Matt's for me. The look on his face when he saw Jer's lifeless body laying there so still..He had this expression like he was literally trying to will himself not to believe it and if he could just somehow take back what he just saw he'd be okay and he could survive and then you see his expression gradually start to change as it sinks in and poor Matt was just dying inside you could tell :'( It was just one look and so very subtle but it was the look of pure agony *cries* Okay..I'm officially off my soapbox lol needless to say, you don't have to ask if I thought Matt was cringe-worthy LOL

    Ohh..I did manage my emotions long enough to make a Jeremy Tribute Mvid though..It's pretty long but if you'd like to check it out anyway, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2HRJeNe5ag

    Fair warning: Tissue is your best friend LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [1132]Mar 8, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    1. totally agree. it would be siiiickkk if Alison were actually the lady in red. most twisted gamechanger EVER. let's see what these writers have in store for us.

    2. LOL! dude Troian KILLS it everytime. now that she has gone off the rails I cannot wait to see how she's like as a fully developed psychopath. goodness, I've shed a tear every time she broke down because of Toby. do you really believe he's dead? I don't think so. that scene where she's alone in the middle of the road, after finding out Toby "died",,,,,,I GOT CHILLS. she seriously nails every performance. i feel her grief, and the rest of the day I am grieving because of her.

    3. haha I AM WITH YOU on the elevator scene. eck. that one was just...... awful....ok moving on

    4. Nina is always fun to discuss about. I am not saying she's a terrible actress. OH NO. i should perhaps stop remember her stiff acting skills on Degrassi, because she is no longer that. she has matured, blossomed, developed into a much better artist. she's handled her craft very well, but there is still much much more room for improvement. I knew that once Jeremy would die in the episode, Nina / Elena would have her big breakdown. I was antticipating for it and was excited to see Nina portray it beautifully. my reaction: i've never cringed watching a TVD episode till her scene. i feel awful admitting that because I really am a fan of Nina......but I just....i couldn't help but cringe. it seemed dry in my opinion. but I'm not against your opinion, I really did think she gave it her all but it did not work for me. anyways, DIDJA HEAR THE GOOD NEWS??? I was planning on boycotting CW, after Secret Circle, Life Unexpected, LA Complex, 90210, i wanted to stop. BUT with Lanter's new show and the VAMP DIARIES SPINOFF.... I figured,WHAT BOYCOTT??? LOL. dude how awesome is it that The Originals is going to be a show!! AND THE BEST PART? (i'm sure you've already read this) Phoebe Tonkin and Claire Lapolt are part of the cast!! I wonder how Phoebe's character ties in with all of this. don't matter, all i know is i am DEFINITELY tuning in to watch.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [1133]Mar 8, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181

    and about Matt: could not agree any more. the actor who plays him does a flawless job. I can see what you mean by that "look" he gives. I felt his pain. him and Jeremy became best buds and I really felt the despair and emptiness he had in him upon finding out about Jer. and yeah.....I still can't believe they killed him off. why? the shock value was neat and all but he FINALLY served a purpose. I don't think it's the last we see him though. he's def coming back from the dead. PS- saw your video. you outdid yourself! that was eleven minutes of sorrow. that void.... that hole inside of me....it's expanded and grown full circle! thanks a lot! LOL RIP Jer, RIP 90210.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [1134]Mar 8, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982

    thec0mebackman wrote:
    1. totally agree. it would be siiiickkk if Alison were actually the lady in red. most twisted gamechanger EVER. let's see what these writers have in store for us.
    Yeah, I think it would be really great and in the flashbacks, Spencer was the only one ever shown to even remotely stand up to Alison so I think it'd be really awesome to see those two go toe to toe - Spencer would win of course lol
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    2. LOL! dude Troian KILLS it everytime. now that she has gone off the rails I cannot wait to see how she's like as a fully developed psychopath. goodness, I've shed a tear every time she broke down because of Toby. do you really believe he's dead? I don't think so. that scene where she's alone in the middle of the road, after finding out Toby "died",,,,,,I GOT CHILLS. she seriously nails every performance. i feel her grief, and the rest of the day I am grieving because of her.
    There really is no one else like her. I can't even stop being impressed with her, everytime I think she's done her best she hits a new level and impresses me again. Totally blown away by this girl, she's just incredible. Idk what I'll do without her when the show ends. They could always send her to TLG LOL As for Toby, I do not believe for a second that he's really dead and I don't even think that was him in the woods, I think they just found a guy with the same body type, put the same tat on him so Spencer would think it was him. That whole Spencer following Mona up to the woods was so totally a setup. I mean, think about..When does "A" ever get caught when they don't to be?? Mona LET Spencer. I smell a trap, I'm telling you lol
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    3. haha I AM WITH YOU on the elevator scene. eck. that one was just...... awful....ok moving on
    Yeah, I think I am with her the way you kinda are with Nina. I really wanna love her but sometimes she's just absolutely terrible lol
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    4. Nina is always fun to discuss about. I am not saying she's a terrible actress. OH NO. i should perhaps stop remember her stiff acting skills on Degrassi, because she is no longer that. she has matured, blossomed, developed into a much better artist. she's handled her craft very well, but there is still much much more room for improvement. I knew that once Jeremy would die in the episode, Nina / Elena would have her big breakdown. I was antticipating for it and was excited to see Nina portray it beautifully. my reaction: i've never cringed watching a TVD episode till her scene. i feel awful admitting that because I really am a fan of Nina......but I just....i couldn't help but cringe. it seemed dry in my opinion. but I'm not against your opinion, I really did think she gave it her all but it did not work for me. anyways, DIDJA HEAR THE GOOD NEWS??? I was planning on boycotting CW, after Secret Circle, Life Unexpected, LA Complex, 90210, i wanted to stop. BUT with Lanter's new show and the VAMP DIARIES SPINOFF.... I figured,WHAT BOYCOTT??? LOL. dude how awesome is it that The Originals is going to be a show!! AND THE BEST PART? (i'm sure you've already read this) Phoebe Tonkin and Claire Lapolt are part of the cast!! I wonder how Phoebe's character ties in with all of this. don't matter, all i know is i am DEFINITELY tuning in to watch.



    As far as Nina, it's cool and I understand. I don't feel the same way about her..I really don't have a bad word to say about her, I just adore Nina lol but I understand because there are other actors/actresses I feel that way about and it can be frustrating when you feel they can do so much better. Anyway, I am surprised you only recently heard of the original spinoff because that news came out well over a year ago. Hmm, I have mixed feelings. If I am being completely honest, I think it's a nice idea in theory but it's like what they tried with TSC. It was a great show but given it's resources, network, and target audience it was a one hit wonder and I expect this new spinoff to be the same. Mark my words, it will be canceled after one season just as TSC was. That being said, anything that gives me Elijah is worth watching even if it only lasts a short amount of time and you know I'll follow my girl PT wherever she takes me lol I also think that new alien show sounds like about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of but I will watch it for ML anyways lol

    Edited on 03/08/2013 10:24pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [1135]Mar 8, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:

    and about Matt: could not agree any more. the actor who plays him does a flawless job. I can see what you mean by that "look" he gives. I felt his pain. him and Jeremy became best buds and I really felt the despair and emptiness he had in him upon finding out about Jer. and yeah.....I still can't believe they killed him off. why? the shock value was neat and all but he FINALLY served a purpose. I don't think it's the last we see him though. he's def coming back from the dead. PS- saw your video. you outdid yourself! that was eleven minutes of sorrow. that void.... that hole inside of me....it's expanded and grown full circle! thanks a lot! LOL RIP Jer, RIP 90210.



    I just love Matt. I know a lot of people don't because they think he's boring but I love him. He's just so pure and good, there's no one like him and he's got this whole purity of innocence to him that really sets him apart. It's like JP says "In a way, Matt is the one that holds the show together because he is, by all measures, the humanity of the show" and I completely agree with this. Matt and his portrayer are both so incredibly underrated on this show. Btw, you're welcome lmao
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [1136]Mar 9, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181

    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Yeah, I think it would be really great and in the flashbacks, Spencer was the only one ever shown to even remotely stand up to Alison so I think it'd be really awesome to see those two go toe to toe - Spencer would win of course lol
    hell yes. team Spencer all the way. I find it pretty interesting that the girl who plays Ali in real life is only 16, whereas Troian is 26. lol that ten year gap is not apparent on TV. technically the youngest chick is terrorizing these bad b*tches.
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    There really is no one else like her. I can't even stop being impressed with her, everytime I think she's done her best she hits a new level and impresses me again. Totally blown away by this girl, she's just incredible. Idk what I'll do without her when the show ends. They could always send her to TLG LOL As for Toby, I do not believe for a second that he's really dead and I don't even think that was him in the woods, I think they just found a guy with the same body type, put the same tat on him so Spencer would think it was him. That whole Spencer following Mona up to the woods was so totally a setup. I mean, think about..When does "A" ever get caught when they don't to be?? Mona LET Spencer. I smell a trap, I'm telling you lol
    agree to the fullest. I think i read somewhere Troian and Shay Mitchell have a movie together, but it's one of those underground / indie ones. I may tune in. PLL's strongest lead and weakest link in a movie, hmm nice balance? lol. yeah totally, Troian deserves an award or some recognition because she truly outshines the other actresses out there. you're right, that was a total set up. but i scratch my head every time when it comes to Mona. they've made it impossible for me to comprehend the Mona Complex. what the flying F^CK are they doing with her? LOL so she went from A, being released from Radley, to being a messenger of a bigger A??? it's just so confusing. they make Mona out to be this sociopathic killer. where are her parents? and I find it hard to believe she out-genius'ed Spencer. not plausible.
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    As far as Nina, it's cool and I understand. I don't feel the same way about her..I really don't have a bad word to say about her, I just adore Nina lol but I understand because there are other actors/actresses I feel that way about and it can be frustrating when you feel they can do so much better. Anyway, I am surprised you only recently heard of the original spinoff because that news came out well over a year ago. Hmm, I have mixed feelings. If I am being completely honest, I think it's a nice idea in theory but it's like what they tried with TSC. It was a great show but given it's resources, network, and target audience it was a one hit wonder and I expect this new spinoff to be the same. Mark my words, it will be canceled after one season just as TSC was. That being said, anything that gives me Elijah is worth watching even if it only lasts a short amount of time and you know I'll follow my girl PT wherever she takes me lol I also think that new alien show sounds like about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of but I will watch it for ML anyways lol


    I feel awful everytime I critic Nina's acting. I'm extra hard on her because I truly am a fan. heck i've watched her since Degrassi like I did Shenae, and I've seen her shining moments on TVD. I KNOW she's capable of more. (speaking of Nina, I really hope she goes to Coachella again this year with Ian so I can meet them and take a picture LOL) the Originals was already talked about? oh I had no idea. did Julie Plec produce TSC? with her, I feel like Originals may do fairly well. reason I say that is because of the whole vampire fad, and TVD's loyal viewers would most def tune in to watch as well. I really hope it's no one-hit wonder. doesn't the guy who plays Elijah have his own show now? the guy who plays Klaus is remarkable. the same for Clair and Phoebs, so there is no question. I'm on it! lol and as for Lanter's new show HAHA yea i agree it's a ridiculous concept. but his opposite, Aimee Teagarden, is fun eyecandy and she's actually a great actress. I give a show at least 5 episodes, if I don't like it by the fifth I stop. that's what happened with Arrow. it bored me to death by the sixth epi, haha do you still watch?

    Edited on 03/09/2013 10:22pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [1137]Mar 13, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982

    thec0mebackman wrote:
    hell yes. team Spencer all the way. I find it pretty interesting that the girl who plays Ali in real life is only 16, whereas Troian is 26. lol that ten year gap is not apparent on TV. technically the youngest chick is terrorizing these bad b*tches.



    Haha well Alison has certainly always looked the youngest so that makes sense



    thec0mebackman wrote:
    agree to the fullest. I think i read somewhere Troian and Shay Mitchell have a movie together, but it's one of those underground / indie ones. I may tune in. PLL's strongest lead and weakest link in a movie, hmm nice balance? lol. yeah totally, Troian deserves an award or some recognition because she truly outshines the other actresses out there. you're right, that was a total set up. but i scratch my head every time when it comes to Mona. they've made it impossible for me to comprehend the Mona Complex. what the flying F^CK are they doing with her? LOL so she went from A, being released from Radley, to being a messenger of a bigger A??? it's just so confusing. they make Mona out to be this sociopathic killer. where are her parents? and I find it hard to believe she out-genius'ed Spencer. not plausible.



    Well, I don't think Mona was ever intended as the real "A"..I always got the impression that she was working for someone else and I maintain that someone is Alison lol She does puzzle me though, particularly because she's so hell bent on recruiting Spencer..It's just weird. I do not believe for a second that she could ever outsmart Spencer..No one could lol One of the other girls?? Sure but never Spencer.



    thec0mebackman wrote:
    I feel awful everytime I critic Nina's acting. I'm extra hard on her because I truly am a fan. heck i've watched her since Degrassi like I did Shenae, and I've seen her shining moments on TVD. I KNOW she's capable of more.



    I saw her for a split second on Degrassi while channel surfing and will admit, I was not impressed. That and the fact that her character made me literally wanna vomit lol



    thec0mebackman wrote:
    speaking of Nina, I really hope she goes to Coachella again this year with Ian so I can meet them and take a picture LOL



    Have you met them before?? Ian is such a damn flirt lol Actually they both really are and Ian/Paul are absolutely adorable together. They definitely carry the whole brotherly bond thing into real life and are both hilarious together. Two very charming guys, I tell ya lol



    thec0mebackman wrote:
    the Originals was already talked about? oh I had no idea. did Julie Plec produce TSC? with her, I feel like Originals may do fairly well. reason I say that is because of the whole vampire fad, and TVD's loyal viewers would most def tune in to watch as well. I really hope it's no one-hit wonder. doesn't the guy who plays Elijah have his own show now? the guy who plays Klaus is remarkable. the same for Clair and Phoebs, so there is no question. I'm on it! lol
    Yeah, it's been on stir for a while now..JP wasn't on TSC project but the other exec producer was. Don't get me wrong, I really hope it succeeds, I just doubt that it will lol As for Elijah, I'm not sure..I thought it was Alaric who had his own show lol Though, he's been egging to come back himself. Elijah had interviewed about the original show some time ago..I wonder if PT will carry her character over from TVD or TSC?? Personally, I'd prefer Faye simply because that show's gonna need a bad ass witch lol but I'd be cool with either one
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    and as for Lanter's new show HAHA yea i agree it's a ridiculous concept. but his opposite, Aimee Teagarden, is fun eyecandy and she's actually a great actress. I give a show at least 5 episodes, if I don't like it by the fifth I stop. that's what happened with Arrow. it bored me to death by the sixth epi, haha do you still watch?



    Not familiar with the actress but like I said, I'll give it a shot for Matt. I actually stopped watching Arrow a long while ago but not because I lost interest. I missed a few eps and then new ones kept coming on that I didn't wanna watch before catching up on the old ones and had planned on DL them but before I knew it, I was behind an entire season lol



    Have you seen the extended promo for 90210's return?? So excited and I just can't hide it lol I don't wanna spoil it if you haven't seen it yet but when you do you'll know exactly what's got me so giddy lol

    Edited on 03/13/2013 10:59pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [1138]Apr 14, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    holy hell it has been a month. so sorry for responding so late. i've been hauling my ass because of school.... and well.. I GOT INTO THE UNIVERSITY OF MY CHOICE!!! sorry i just couldn't hold it in LOL. i'm on spring break now which means party hardy! Marlena did you watch PLL's finale? holy crap. it was all kinds of amazing! so glad they finally revealed Red Coat. loved how Mona in the end said "A." after reading the text, which can only mean she is now an ally. can't wait for its return. as far as 90210 .....well gee thanks for that spoiler!! LOL now i know Nadrianna will end up together and i'm extremely ecstatic about that! BUT PLEASE NO MORE SPOILERS! PLEASE? haha. how awesome was that last epi of TVD? awesome having good ol Kat back.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [1139]Apr 15, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    holy hell it has been a month. so sorry for responding so late. i've been hauling my ass because of school.... and well.. I GOT INTO THE UNIVERSITY OF MY CHOICE!!! sorry i just couldn't hold it in LOL. i'm on spring break now which means party hardy! Marlena did you watch PLL's finale? holy crap. it was all kinds of amazing! so glad they finally revealed Red Coat. loved how Mona in the end said "A." after reading the text, which can only mean she is now an ally. can't wait for its return. as far as 90210 .....well gee thanks for that spoiler!! LOL now i know Nadrianna will end up together and i'm extremely ecstatic about that! BUT PLEASE NO MORE SPOILERS! PLEASE? haha. how awesome was that last epi of TVD? awesome having good ol Kat back.


    LOL that's not really a spoiler when it's in the commercial promos

    As for PLL..I really loved the finale..I don't necessarily think that means Mona is an ally BUT I was very very tempted to come on here and do this:

    TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY'S NOT A TOBY IS NOT A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    LMAO
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [1140]Apr 15, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Sorry forgot to add:

    Last ep of TVD was great. So loved having both Kat and Elijah back and I soo think it's Kat not Elena at the dance in the next ep because she's got on that daylight bracelet which was Kat's not Elena's. Btw, can't get mad at me for that as it's not a spoiler, just my speculation
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.