90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

Biggest Missed Opportunities

stellarchick86

[1]May 23, 2012
    • level: 32

I thought, since the show is over for the season, maybe I should come up with a thread to keep discussions going. This was the one that made the most sense to me. You can write down as many or as little SLs as you would like to!

1. Annie's prostitution SL--- I wanted to see it get more gritty and "real". Not TOO much, because I wouldnt expect them to, but more than they did. I guess I was asking for way too much from this show. Instead it was very white-washed. She didnt actually do any prostitution and she only slept with one guy who turned into her BF. Not really the same thing.

2. Dixon's addiction-- What was that, exactly?? That was very anti-climatic. Maybe they were afraid itd be too David Silverish, and I wouldnt want it to be too similar to his, or too similar to Ade's, but yeah...

3. When Naomi was 'poor' in s3-- It lasted like 2 episodes and then her trust fund kicked in. I wanted to see Naomi really have to rough it. They shouldve had her become poor this year so she wouldnt be able to go to college because she couldnt afford it. Thatd be her way out. And then she sees Annie having fun and being in a sorority in college which makes her very jealous. Maybe they couldve even done the prostitution thing with Naomi instead of Annie. I just like seeing characters as we know them be the opposite way; so if we see Naomi the queen bee in HS who was rich, I like seeing her have to be poor and on-her-own sometimes too. Since Annie had her time on her own (like s2) and wasnt exactly the richest person in the school, itd be nice to see her be able to live the high life for a while. And when Naomi is jealous of Annie, it makes for some interesting SLs, I think. And they could have Naomi keep up appearances and somehow pretend to still be rich but then the girls end up finding out anyway. They really couldve went somewhere with this...

4. Ivy/Raj-- I wouldve had Ivy find Raj dead once she comes back from a photoshoot somewhere (on her own) rather than have them divorce, her date 2 other guys and then just randomly finds out that he was lying the whole time. I think it couldve been really dramatic and awesome because then he divorced her for her sake since he kind of married her for his sake.

Im sure I could think of more later lol. What about you all??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

evafan2005

[2]May 23, 2012
    • level: 18

I hate how being raped apparently sent Naomi's sex drive through the roof...I mean seriously, she had issues with Cannon for an okay chunk of the first half of season 3, but even in that time she was telling Annie to "lock Charlie down" and brought over that bag of goodies for her to sift through....not to mention she's slept with how many guys since then? Or parades around half naked? Or talks about sex/sexual stuff WAY more than a person normally does? I mean honestly, if I hadn't been watching the show since the beginning I'd have no idea she'd been raped. It just seems to be that someone who'd been sexually assaulted would have taken more time to heal than Naomi has, and especially wouldn't be some over the top kinky "sex goddess" like they have her be.

LauraNowak

[3]May 23, 2012
    • level: 4

I'm going with Teddy's gay storyline. I thought it was Trevor's best storyline but the way they kept changing him from guy to guy made it less believable. I liked it the best during Teddy and Ian as I found it the most believable and wish they wouldve continued on that road, as well as showing more about how his friends reacted and coming out to his family. The only reaction we saw were the guys taking him to the club and his honest heart-to heart with Liam, which was one of my favorite scenes. I thought we needed more of those and I wanted his coming out to his dad to be on-screen not off-screen. I also felt the wedding between Teddy/Shane felt forced and too soon, theyd barely dated. It was a nice message but I did not buy it with them. I might have with Ian or even Marco.

thec0mebackman

[4]May 23, 2012
    • level: 15
    Dixon's HIV storyline. Adrianna jumping off the cliff. Silver in general. this list shall be continued........

evafan2005

[5]May 23, 2012
    • level: 18

What I meant by my previous post, was that I wish we had seen more of her in a "dark place", and I wish it would have taken her longer to be able to get intimate with someone again instead of just jumping right back in, head first.

stellarchick86

[6]May 23, 2012

You guys are really coming up with some good ones that I completely agree with!

Id also kind of add in Jasper somewhere. I liked the idea of him isolating her but I wished that they did something more with it. I wish they had something where he kidnapped her or threatened her in some way and Dixon had to come save her and the 3 other girls had to bite their tongue and apologize to Annie for not being her friend or something to that effect. Instead, he just kind of dissapeared, which I thought was weird.

stellarchick86

[7]May 27, 2012
    I also wanted to add, forgot previously, about Ades "stalker" in the beginning of s4. It wouldve been nice if it was an actual stalker/kidnapping instead of just Janes' husband since it didnt lead anywhere. Ade hasnt really done much this season anyway and J.Lowdnes has the acting chops to pull it off. We've dealt with psychos before with Jasper, but that was kind of white-washed and then rape with Mr Cannon, but we've never dealt with just someone who will kidnap the characters or anything like that. Naomi/Silver kidnapped Cannon at the end of that SL, but we've never really seen any of the characters go through that themselves. And we can always say it was some guy who was a fan of hers from when she was she was the big popstar or something like that, IDK. Sounds maybe a bit lame or corny, but IMO, it is better than Ade just being a lawn ornament for the whole season LOL

TreeHill_89

[8]Jun 4, 2012
    Love this topic and I agree with the storylines that have mentioned. But it's true I do feel like sometimes they rush storylines without finishing them properly or making the end really good. For example when Liam finds out about Vanessa I thought there would be massive thing! But the way it ended was just ok, they dragged the SL for so long it could have ended quicker. And I completely agree with Annie, Dixon and Naomi's SL above ^^

TreeHill_89

[9]Jun 4, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I also wanted to add, forgot previously, about Ades "stalker" in the beginning of s4. It wouldve been nice if it was an actual stalker/kidnapping instead of just Janes' husband since it didnt lead anywhere. Ade hasnt really done much this season anyway and J.Lowdnes has the acting chops to pull it off. We've dealt with psychos before with Jasper, but that was kind of white-washed and then rape with Mr Cannon, but we've never dealt with just someone who will kidnap the characters or anything like that. Naomi/Silver kidnapped Cannon at the end of that SL, but we've never really seen any of the characters go through that themselves. And we can always say it was some guy who was a fan of hers from when she was she was the big popstar or something like that, IDK. Sounds maybe a bit lame or corny, but IMO, it is better than Ade just being a lawn ornament for the whole season LOL

I didn't like the Liam/Jane SL again if got rushed and ended with them getting back together... They could have really gone for it especially with Ade as well.