90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

Official '12-'13 CW Schedule

stellarchick86

[1]May 17, 2012
    • level: 32

http://tvline.com/2012/05/17/the-cw-fall-tv-lineup-2012/

This scheduling does make a lot of sense, a lot more than the previous schedules. Sucks that "LA" wont be on it, but oh well, Ill find the eps online

The new shows, besides maybe Carrie Diaries, arent anything I will be interested in really. So I will say TCD, TVD, HofD and 90210 for me. What about you?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LauraNowak

[2]May 18, 2012
    • level: 4
    I'm actually really excited that 90210/GG are finally on the same night again and then to have the Carrie Diaries on after that. I do want to see that. I love the actress in it. right now monday nights might be it, depending on the other pilots.

johnmarlena422

[3]May 18, 2012
    • level: 16
    I'm okay with the set up except I'm kinda ticked that Nikita is still on Fridays. I had hoped they would move it back to Thursdays after TVD where it was before TSC came on.

The shows I'll definitely be tuning into are 90210, TVD, and Nikita. I might also check out Arrow and BATB because of who's in them but I'll just have to see how they go. I'm confused though, did "The Cult" get canceled?? Not that I was gonna watch it anyway lol But the actor who plays Alaric on TVD was supposed to star on it so I'm curious if it's no longer being picked up, what that means for his character on TVD??

stellarchick86

[4]May 18, 2012

Yeah, it kind of sucks but I guess they needed older shows to be lead-ins for the newer ones (TVD/Supernatural) so Nikita ends up getting the Friday slot. Youd think theyd keep Supernatural on Fridays though because that show has been on for 7 seasons and has such a cult following that they will watch it on Friday anyway. I have no idea about that 'Cult' show. If its not listed then I guess it wont be picked up?? IDK.

johnmarlena422

[5]May 18, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Yeah, it kind of sucks but I guess they needed older shows to be lead-ins for the newer ones (TVD/Supernatural) so Nikita ends up getting the Friday slot. Youd think theyd keep Supernatural on Fridays though because that show has been on for 7 seasons and has such a cult following that they will watch it on Friday anyway. I have no idea about that 'Cult' show. If its not listed then I guess it wont be picked up?? IDK.

It sounded stupid anyways lol Just surprised not to see it.

stellarchick86

[6]May 18, 2012

Hehe IDK...not sure if I have ever heard of it. But the title sounds a little "Secret Circle/The Craft"-ish? Maybe Im wrong

Anywho, does anyone have any ideas or thoughts about what they would like to see next season? I would like to see those 2 boring soccer moms out from being the writers/producers next season but it looks like they are sticking around

johnmarlena422

[7]May 19, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Hehe IDK...not sure if I have ever heard of it. But the title sounds a little "Secret Circle/The Craft"-ish? Maybe Im wrong

Anywho, does anyone have any ideas or thoughts about what they would like to see next season? I would like to see those 2 boring soccer moms out from being the writers/producers next season but it looks like they are sticking around

I don't think it was about witches but yeah, it totally sounds like The Craft. Honestly, I'm glad it didn't end up on the line up, no matter the reason lol

Completely agree about the zombie kangaroo show runners and I would love for the show to finally get a writing team that actually knows how to give the characters growth without completely changing who they are. Aside from getting back to the original friendships and S1 quality raw darkness (Somehow I just keep going back to the "You're dead to me" scene) I'd like to see the characters get back to their real personalities and show the attributes that set them apart from each other, rather than having them be molded together as one 'bland of blah' as a whole. None of them stand out anymore because they all basically behave in the same manner. Almost every single character has lost what makes them "Them" so for S5, I'd like to see them find themselves and find their way back to who they once were. I know that's some pretty high standards considering what a disaster this season was but they say hope springs eternal right?? LOL

thec0mebackman

[8]May 19, 2012
    • level: 15
    i hate the scheduling. these "themed nights" are getting so old and overrated. Mondays are School Nights with college/rich students, and i use the word students loosely. Tuesdays are Doctor Nights with a medical theme. Wednesdays are Superhero Nights with Arrow (the only new show i'll be checking out) and Supernatural. we have Dark Thursdays, though i wish they had kept TSC instead of Beauty and the Beast which looks.....kinda meh after seeing that trailer. and Fridays are Veteran Pretty Girls with Long Legs Night LOL. and they need to stop tossing 90210 back and forth between Mondays and Tuesdays. at least Mondays will be good with PLL and 90210. also, Cult is actually in the schedule. though it's only airing midseason, kinda like GG and Carrie Diaries but not sure how they will play out with that. i want them to mix and mash these shows and just play with them. i had hoped they would somehow pair up 90210 and TVD because those are my top 2 favorite shows and well, theme nights suck and audiences need variety. maybe that's why TSC couldn't hold on to the TVD viewers because watching the same themed shows may get boring.

stellarchick86

[9]May 19, 2012
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Completely agree about the zombie kangaroo show runners

Lol!! Never heard that before! Hilarious! Anywho, I would love for them to make this show better but at this point, I dont have much hope. I think they are just kind of waiting it out with this show until s6 when their contracts run out. Since they havent had much luck in the past with producers for this show, I think they just figure that no one will be good enough and might as well just keep these ladies on. Meh. I swear if they brought Rebecca Sinclair back I wouldnt complain at all! I actually didnt think she was that bad, it was the people in s2/3 that I mentioned a few times.

johnmarlena422

[10]May 19, 2012
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    i hate the scheduling. these "themed nights" are getting so old and overrated. Mondays are School Nights with college/rich students, and i use the word students loosely. Tuesdays are Doctor Nights with a medical theme. Wednesdays are Superhero Nights with Arrow (the only new show i'll be checking out) and Supernatural. we have Dark Thursdays, though i wish they had kept TSC instead of Beauty and the Beast which looks.....kinda meh after seeing that trailer. and Fridays are Veteran Pretty Girls with Long Legs Night LOL. and they need to stop tossing 90210 back and forth between Mondays and Tuesdays. at least Mondays will be good with PLL and 90210. also, Cult is actually in the schedule. though it's only airing midseason, kinda like GG and Carrie Diaries but not sure how they will play out with that. i want them to mix and mash these shows and just play with them. i had hoped they would somehow pair up 90210 and TVD because those are my top 2 favorite shows and well, theme nights suck and audiences need variety. maybe that's why TSC couldn't hold on to the TVD viewers because watching the same themed shows may get boring.

I pretty much agree overall with a few minor differences of opinion haha. I actually liked it more when 90210 was on Mondays and I would rather have TVD/Nikita paired up in TSC's absence as that's how it was originally laid out and ratings were much better. As for TSC's cancellation, I'm still so devastated with that whole ordeal but I sort of disagree on what was responsible for it's failure: I think it was more about the mistakes made by the producers of the show than anything else. Being a spin-off generated by TVD, they tried so hard to make it like TVD, to give it the same energy, and to make it as good and in doing that, they left out a lot of crucial details and elements which made it difficult for many viewers to connect because they felt like they were only getting half of the story..But the producers, namely the ones that came over from TVD were so busy comparing the two thinking "Well TVD was such a huge overnight success, lets make the spin-off just like it and it's sure to be a hit too" when what they really should've been doing is seperating it from TVD and making the show its own. Don't get me wrong, I floved TSC soo much which is why I did cut it a lot of slack because I knew that all of those mistakes and little inconsistencies could be corrected and made right in the following season and then it wouldn't really matter because the show had SO much potential but it's too late for that now..But I can't tell you how many interviews I read/watched for TSC where the producer was comparing to TVD saying "Ohh we're gonna do this and this just like on TVD so prepare for that famous shock factor" For example- Killing Nick was an example of their effort to make it more like TVD and truth is when it comes down between the original and the spin-off it's always going to be the original but those two shows weren't ever supposed to be the same anyways lol Still, compared to a few other shows that were undeservingly renewed, it really doesn't make sense why TSC wasn't. I suppose it could have been impacted by being paired with TVD and people not wanting to see the same themed shows on the same night but if anything, I think that helped TSC because they were often promoted together and TVD being CW's #1 show allowed for viewers that never even heard of TSC because they'd see it in a promo with TVD and decide to tune in (this happened with a friend of mine) giving TSC it's own hype by association. I do think that time slots can make all the difference with these shows but in this case, I think the problem lied more in production and the issue I ranted about above lol Because the bitter truth is, as great as TSC was and it was GREAT, it simply was never on the same level of greatness as TVD and that's shown in all the polls taken since before its cancellation..Some voted that the writing was too all over the place, some said it was no longer TSC and felt more like "The Cassie Show" (Which is funny because I think the same could be said for Elena on TVD LOL) but more than anything, votes showed that viewers felt there was too much focus on the shock factor and not enough on telling the actual story. Despite my criticism I did love TSC and I will truly miss it as I still feel it could've been saved. Okay..Sorry for ranting on and on like a freaking soapbox lol and I'm sure you disagreed with just about every bit of it lol But that's Jmho about the whole sucky situation haha

johnmarlena422

[11]May 19, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Completely agree about the zombie kangaroo show runners

Lol!! Never heard that before! Hilarious! Anywho, I would love for them to make this show better but at this point, I dont have much hope. I think they are just kind of waiting it out with this show until s6 when their contracts run out. Since they havent had much luck in the past with producers for this show, I think they just figure that no one will be good enough and might as well just keep these ladies on. Meh. I swear if they brought Rebecca Sinclair back I wouldnt complain at all! I actually didnt think she was that bad, it was the people in s2/3 that I mentioned a few times.

Lol Yeah, I don't really know where that came from lol but whenever I see them on interviews they always look like a couple of wild animals caught in the headlights of the freaking twilight zone with their pouches down. Seriously, they just sit there completely zoned out like a couple of nervous crack heads foaming at the mouth, while they try to convince us of a bunch of crap that they don't even believe themselves - 'Dem lights may be on but me thinks there's no one home lol

I know this is a pretty radical concept so call me crazy but I'd kinda like to see some of the original cast/crew brought back on as part of production..I mean, what's the worst that can happen, really?? At least they have a basic understanding of the show, its concept, and what it is and isn't suppose to be and as a part of its history, they'd actually respect it..Obviously we'd still need a decent writing team but I think a little "Original Influence" could really give the show some direction. We've already suffered through what supposedly were "Experienced, award-winning talented show runners" and they were enough to make my skin crawl so I really don't see how it could get any worse lol

stellarchick86

[12]May 19, 2012

Lol!!! And I completely agree as well! Nothing can make it worse, just better. And TSC was a spin-off for TVD??

johnmarlena422

[13]May 19, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Lol!!! And I completely agree as well! Nothing can make it worse, just better. And TSC was a spin-off for TVD??

Not in the same sense as 90210 original vs. spin-off or MP but it was ran by the same exec producers and the book series were both written by the same author. TVD kind of determined whether it would be picked up or not as the plan was to first trial run TVD but then it did so well that they decided to go for it as well. It's definitely not a spin-off as far as SL's go, two shows - two completely different stories but when it was pitched and they decided to run with it, TSC was considered TVD's exec producer's spin-off series after making TVD such a hit. Sorry for the confusion on that lol I just meant that the exec producer was trying to make it so much like TVD that it ended up paling in comparison because the first show is always gonna be better because it got the first shot at exec's original/fresh material so by the time TSC came TVD had gotten so off the charts that it became all about making it as good as TVD, at least for that specific producer anyways, I'm sure there were others that did want TSC to be different but they just didn't have enough time really.

johnmarlena422

[14]May 19, 2012
    Just remembered the exec's producer's name is Kevin Williamson. I think he did want TSC to succeed obviously but he made one fatal flaw that effed it all up lol When S2 of TVD first started he stated in an interview that he didn't believe in doing things purely for shock value and that that wasn't how the story of TVD would be told, saying that no death is ever in vain because when something like that happens there is always a reason for it and if there isn't something to be gained story wise from pulling out these huge shock factor events then they won't do it..But that's exactly what he did on TSC and mind you, I still loved the show and I do feel kinda bad for him because he had just pulled out this huge success with TVD and now had to find a way to top that and those weren't easy shoes to fill so after a while, it did just become more about the shock factor than anything else because the climax would happen sometimes before there was enough of a build up..For example- he decided to kill off one of the main characters just a few episodes into the series because in his words "viewers need to know that this is not a white washed softer show and just like with TVD, people are going to die and it's gonna be brutal" and then killed off Nick which is a huge reason why it lost so many viewers because the fans were so ticked off that they were calling and writing in saying they wouldn't watch the show again until they brought Nick back so they did..For one episode and as a bad guy so I'm sure you can guess how little that endeared the viewers to KW LOL

stellarchick86

[15]May 19, 2012

Ah okay! I getcha. Thanks for the info!

johnmarlena422

[16]May 19, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Ah okay! I getcha. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, it is still definitely worth watching Imo, especially for my bad girl Faye hehe but if you (oh and I don't mean you personally lol) go into it expecting a show that's gonna be on TVD's level, it aint gonna happen lol but like I said that's just because big shoes to fill and all but it was still a great show but that's Jmho..I'm sure Comebackman will tell it differently as the last time we compared the show's weekly episode he had mentioned starting to be more into TSC than TVD..Though, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Comeback

stellarchick86

[17]May 19, 2012
    Lol. No biggie, I didnt really expect it to be. Maybe I will, but IDK, considering it only got like 1 season (or 2?) and I have so many other shows on my list. I still need to finish s4 of Breaking Bad and start s3 of TVD. I was thinking once I was done with those to get into PLL. You guys talk about it, people on IMDB talk about it, and I have a friend who watches that show too.
    Edited on 05/19/2012 8:32pm

johnmarlena422

[18]May 20, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Lol. No biggie, I didnt really expect it to be. Maybe I will, but IDK, considering it only got like 1 season (or 2?) and I have so many other shows on my list. I still need to finish s4 of Breaking Bad and start s3 of TVD. I was thinking once I was done with those to get into PLL. You guys talk about it, people on IMDB talk about it, and I have a friend who watches that show too.

Yeah, I feel ya. My dvr is at 1% right now lol I did really love TSC but as a "Charmed" fan I guess I was a pretty tough critic lol I don't think any show about witches will ever be able to top Charmed but if it's between TSC and PLL, I'd definitely go with PLL.

stellarchick86

[19]May 20, 2012
    Ah okay awesome. I even checked for PLL on Netflix but its not available on insant, I have to wait for the actual dvds and Im like meh :-/ LOL

johnmarlena422

[20]May 20, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Ah okay awesome. I even checked for PLL on Netflix but its not available on insant, I have to wait for the actual dvds and Im like meh :-/ LOL

Oh lol well that sucks, they usual have a PLL marathon the night it comes back on but I doubt it'll have all of the episodes lol