90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

Official '12-'13 CW Schedule

  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [21]May 20, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Now that I think of it, you should totally check out Charmed LOL Not right now obviously but if ever looking for shows in the future, it's an awesome one and Shannon Doherty (Brenda on BH) is freaking amazing in it hehe
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [22]May 20, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Lol. Despite my love for TVD, Im usually not into supernatural-ish type shows. But maybe in the future! I still got s3 of TVD, PLL, s4 of BrBa and all of Melrose Place on my plate LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [23]May 20, 2012
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    I pretty much agree overall with a few minor differences of opinion haha. I actually liked it more when 90210 was on Mondays and I would rather have TVD/Nikita paired up in TSC's absence as that's how it was originally laid out and ratings were much better. As for TSC's cancellation, I'm still so devastated with that whole ordeal but I sort of disagree on what was responsible for it's failure: I think it was more about the mistakes made by the producers of the show than anything else. Being a spin-off generated by TVD, they tried so hard to make it like TVD, to give it the same energy, and to make it as good and in doing that, they left out a lot of crucial details and elements which made it difficult for many viewers to connect because they felt like they were only getting half of the story..But the producers, namely the ones that came over from TVD were so busy comparing the two thinking "Well TVD was such a huge overnight success, lets make the spin-off just like it and it's sure to be a hit too" when what they really should've been doing is seperating it from TVD and making the show its own. Don't get me wrong, I floved TSC soo much which is why I did cut it a lot of slack because I knew that all of those mistakes and little inconsistencies could be corrected and made right in the following season and then it wouldn't really matter because the show had SO much potential but it's too late for that now..But I can't tell you how many interviews I read/watched for TSC where the producer was comparing to TVD saying "Ohh we're gonna do this and this just like on TVD so prepare for that famous shock factor" For example- Killing Nick was an example of their effort to make it more like TVD and truth is when it comes down between the original and the spin-off it's always going to be the original but those two shows weren't ever supposed to be the same anyways lol Still, compared to a few other shows that were undeservingly renewed, it really doesn't make sense why TSC wasn't. I suppose it could have been impacted by being paired with TVD and people not wanting to see the same themed shows on the same night but if anything, I think that helped TSC because they were often promoted together and TVD being CW's #1 show allowed for viewers that never even heard of TSC because they'd see it in a promo with TVD and decide to tune in (this happened with a friend of mine) giving TSC it's own hype by association. I do think that time slots can make all the difference with these shows but in this case, I think the problem lied more in production and the issue I ranted about above lol Because the bitter truth is, as great as TSC was and it was GREAT, it simply was never on the same level of greatness as TVD and that's shown in all the polls taken since before its cancellation..Some voted that the writing was too all over the place, some said it was no longer TSC and felt more like "The Cassie Show" (Which is funny because I think the same could be said for Elena on TVD LOL) but more than anything, votes showed that viewers felt there was too much focus on the shock factor and not enough on telling the actual story. Despite my criticism I did love TSC and I will truly miss it as I still feel it could've been saved. Okay..Sorry for ranting on and on like a freaking soapbox lol and I'm sure you disagreed with just about every bit of it lol But that's Jmho about the whole sucky situation haha

    oh snap nice feedback LOL well i do agree on certain things, but not all. lol. i do like 90210 better on Mondays, but i hate that they always pingpong it back and forth. like you said, TSC had somewhat of a huge expectation from fans and especially because it was the same showrunners of TVD. so it was like "ok this show has to compare to TVD's success but how do we make it slightly different?" i think they did a magnificent job. but as to why the show got canceled....i honestly don't think it was the show's fault or the writing. as ridiculous as this may sound, i think it was canceled due to business relations or a type of bad partnership. CW is terrible. i think that something went wrong between CW chief runners and the TSC showrunners. i mean, TSC averaged 2 million viewers. way better than HoD, Ringer, and heck even 90210. how the hell did a show that was doing so damn well get canceled? it doesn't make sense at all. and HoD got RENEWED? what in the world? it's all a business, and if you're in bad terms with someone then it's going to end up. i think that was the case for TSC. remember Dustin Milligan (Ethan) was let go because "they couldn't work with his character anymore" but we all know it was because he said one awful comment about 90210. if you don't kiss ass it seems as if though the CW spits you out....well that's just my thinking LOL and yes Marlena i did at one point say that i was more excited for TSC than TVD but that was because TSC offered something different and refreshing. i've never been into a show about witches. but deep down TVD will always be my #1 supernatural show. oh and Stellar i'm excited that you're going to be watching PLL! you will definitely get hooked.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [24]May 20, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Lol. Thats what Ive heard And yeah, I read on IMDB on the Hart of Dixie page that HofD is MUCH cheaper in terms of production values than HofD is so that could be why they renewed it over TSC. It did fairly good in the ratings though..much better than Ringer. I think it was like neck-in-neck with TSC. I dont know, just what I read.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [25]May 20, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Lol. Despite my love for TVD, Im usually not into supernatural-ish type shows. But maybe in the future! I still got s3 of TVD, PLL, s4 of BrBa and all of Melrose Place on my plate LOL


    Oh haha yeah I kinda noticed that so my suggestion had very low expectations don't worry lol I just meant if ya do ever get more into the supernatural shows, Charmed is a great one. That's actually why I was iffy on whether or not you'd like TVD simply because I know you don't usually go for that kinda show but then I thought it was worth a shot because there's just something so unique about it..At least for me lol I may just feel that way because its the only vamp show I've watched lol and yes definitely MP for sure haha..I'm kinda iffy on that one too because I know you don't watch a lot of soaps but if you're willing to chance it, it's pretty awesome. That is if you can tolerate Alison who is always lookin like a deer caught in the headlights lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [26]May 20, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Lol! I didnt think Id be one for TVD either, but its actually really good. And its not TOO supernatural-ish. Or so far anyway. Maybe its just witches that just kind of bore me, I dont know LOL. And MP...Yeah I definitely need some mindless guilty pleasure soapy stuff every once in a while. Im sure this could fit the bill LOL I will enjoy talking about that with you lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [27]May 20, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    I pretty much agree overall with a few minor differences of opinion haha. I actually liked it more when 90210 was on Mondays and I would rather have TVD/Nikita paired up in TSC's absence as that's how it was originally laid out and ratings were much better. As for TSC's cancellation, I'm still so devastated with that whole ordeal but I sort of disagree on what was responsible for it's failure: I think it was more about the mistakes made by the producers of the show than anything else. Being a spin-off generated by TVD, they tried so hard to make it like TVD, to give it the same energy, and to make it as good and in doing that, they left out a lot of crucial details and elements which made it difficult for many viewers to connect because they felt like they were only getting half of the story..But the producers, namely the ones that came over from TVD were so busy comparing the two thinking "Well TVD was such a huge overnight success, lets make the spin-off just like it and it's sure to be a hit too" when what they really should've been doing is seperating it from TVD and making the show its own. Don't get me wrong, I floved TSC soo much which is why I did cut it a lot of slack because I knew that all of those mistakes and little inconsistencies could be corrected and made right in the following season and then it wouldn't really matter because the show had SO much potential but it's too late for that now..But I can't tell you how many interviews I read/watched for TSC where the producer was comparing to TVD saying "Ohh we're gonna do this and this just like on TVD so prepare for that famous shock factor" For example- Killing Nick was an example of their effort to make it more like TVD and truth is when it comes down between the original and the spin-off it's always going to be the original but those two shows weren't ever supposed to be the same anyways lol Still, compared to a few other shows that were undeservingly renewed, it really doesn't make sense why TSC wasn't. I suppose it could have been impacted by being paired with TVD and people not wanting to see the same themed shows on the same night but if anything, I think that helped TSC because they were often promoted together and TVD being CW's #1 show allowed for viewers that never even heard of TSC because they'd see it in a promo with TVD and decide to tune in (this happened with a friend of mine) giving TSC it's own hype by association. I do think that time slots can make all the difference with these shows but in this case, I think the problem lied more in production and the issue I ranted about above lol Because the bitter truth is, as great as TSC was and it was GREAT, it simply was never on the same level of greatness as TVD and that's shown in all the polls taken since before its cancellation..Some voted that the writing was too all over the place, some said it was no longer TSC and felt more like "The Cassie Show" (Which is funny because I think the same could be said for Elena on TVD LOL) but more than anything, votes showed that viewers felt there was too much focus on the shock factor and not enough on telling the actual story. Despite my criticism I did love TSC and I will truly miss it as I still feel it could've been saved. Okay..Sorry for ranting on and on like a freaking soapbox lol and I'm sure you disagreed with just about every bit of it lol But that's Jmho about the whole sucky situation haha

    oh snap nice feedback LOL well i do agree on certain things, but not all. lol. i do like 90210 better on Mondays, but i hate that they always pingpong it back and forth. like you said, TSC had somewhat of a huge expectation from fans and especially because it was the same showrunners of TVD. so it was like "ok this show has to compare to TVD's success but how do we make it slightly different?" i think they did a magnificent job. but as to why the show got canceled....i honestly don't think it was the show's fault or the writing. as ridiculous as this may sound, i think it was canceled due to business relations or a type of bad partnership. CW is terrible. i think that something went wrong between CW chief runners and the TSC showrunners. i mean, TSC averaged 2 million viewers. way better than HoD, Ringer, and heck even 90210. how the hell did a show that was doing so damn well get canceled? it doesn't make sense at all. and HoD got RENEWED? what in the world? it's all a business, and if you're in bad terms with someone then it's going to end up. i think that was the case for TSC. remember Dustin Milligan (Ethan) was let go because "they couldn't work with his character anymore" but we all know it was because he said one awful comment about 90210. if you don't kiss ass it seems as if though the CW spits you out....well that's just my thinking LOL and yes Marlena i did at one point say that i was more excited for TSC than TVD but that was because TSC offered something different and refreshing. i've never been into a show about witches. but deep down TVD will always be my #1 supernatural show. oh and Stellar i'm excited that you're going to be watching PLL! you will definitely get hooked.


    Ahh I see about your TSC comment, there's nothing wrong with liking one more than the other, TVD is just my personal preference. I do still think the production had a part in it because the show suffered enough from the viewer strikes to change their own material and bring Nick back, even temporarily. That may not be the sole reason and you do make a great point about the ratings in comparison to other shows which is why I was so shocked by the news of cancellation but I do still think if KW hadn't personally compared it to TVD every chance he got then the viewers would've given it more of a chance and connected with it more but how were the viewers ever gonna stop comparing it to TVD when the head exec. producer couldn't even do that himself?? Also, a few shows got kept on after the noticeable difference in ratings after the international/internet views were taken into account. For example: Nikita. I do totally agree about the business end of it though, I just don't think the show runners had nothing to do with it because I loved TSC but let's be real, there were times when the writing was all over the place so while it could possibly be a business thing, that doesn't really explain all those polls taken because those are the viewers opinions, not the networks lol Plus, if that was the case then why did TVD not suffer the same fate?? Again, not saying you're wrong lol I just think there's more to it than that and I know you love Cassie so forgive me for this lol but a lot of viewers, even ones that were fans of hers started to get sick of her and resented the fact that TSC got turned into "The Cassie Show"..But that's Jmho
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [28]May 20, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Lol! I didnt think Id be one for TVD either, but its actually really good. And its not TOO supernatural-ish. Or so far anyway. Maybe its just witches that just kind of bore me, I dont know LOL. And MP...Yeah I definitely need some mindless guilty pleasure soapy stuff every once in a while. Im sure this could fit the bill LOL I will enjoy talking about that with you lol


    Ohh MP will definitely fit that bill haha

    There's this one hilarious scene where Amanda's husband is being arrested and Amanda had previously just found out he had lied to her so with the cops right there and while they are putting the cuffs on Peter no less, Amanda storms in there, makes a B line of the Speedy Gonzales variety, straight to Peter, slaps him across the face and yells "Never never lie to me..NEVER!!" and then runs like a bat out of hell before he could answer lmao
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [29]May 21, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Haha. Awesome!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [30]May 21, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Haha. Awesome!


    Haha yeah it really was but that's just Amanda hehe
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [31]May 21, 2012
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Ahh I see about your TSC comment, there's nothing wrong with liking one more than the other, TVD is just my personal preference. I do still think the production had a part in it because the show suffered enough from the viewer strikes to change their own material and bring Nick back, even temporarily. That may not be the sole reason and you do make a great point about the ratings in comparison to other shows which is why I was so shocked by the news of cancellation but I do still think if KW hadn't personally compared it to TVD every chance he got then the viewers would've given it more of a chance and connected with it more but how were the viewers ever gonna stop comparing it to TVD when the head exec. producer couldn't even do that himself?? Also, a few shows got kept on after the noticeable difference in ratings after the international/internet views were taken into account. For example: Nikita. I do totally agree about the business end of it though, I just don't think the show runners had nothing to do with it because I loved TSC but let's be real, there were times when the writing was all over the place so while it could possibly be a business thing, that doesn't really explain all those polls taken because those are the viewers opinions, not the networks lol Plus, if that was the case then why did TVD not suffer the same fate?? Again, not saying you're wrong lol I just think there's more to it than that and I know you love Cassie so forgive me for this lol but a lot of viewers, even ones that were fans of hers started to get sick of her and resented the fact that TSC got turned into "The Cassie Show"..But that's Jmho

    i'm with you! TVD is still the best supernatural show for me...and yea i definitely see where you are coming from when you say Williamson kept comparing the two. how awful. shows are not mean to be compared to other shows. shows should be their own. if his sole focus was to compare the two then it's no wonder the show was wrecked. i think we're both correct, these two elements that we pointed out are definitely factors of this CW game(or any network for that matter) and the only ones who paid this price is the show and the actors. i'm still not giving up on this show and you know what...youre right about the Cassie thing. yes i love B. Robertson but i do agree fully that in the latter it became all about her. i hope season 2 fixes this mess. LOL oh look at me with my wishful thinking.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [32]May 21, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Ahh I see about your TSC comment, there's nothing wrong with liking one more than the other, TVD is just my personal preference. I do still think the production had a part in it because the show suffered enough from the viewer strikes to change their own material and bring Nick back, even temporarily. That may not be the sole reason and you do make a great point about the ratings in comparison to other shows which is why I was so shocked by the news of cancellation but I do still think if KW hadn't personally compared it to TVD every chance he got then the viewers would've given it more of a chance and connected with it more but how were the viewers ever gonna stop comparing it to TVD when the head exec. producer couldn't even do that himself?? Also, a few shows got kept on after the noticeable difference in ratings after the international/internet views were taken into account. For example: Nikita. I do totally agree about the business end of it though, I just don't think the show runners had nothing to do with it because I loved TSC but let's be real, there were times when the writing was all over the place so while it could possibly be a business thing, that doesn't really explain all those polls taken because those are the viewers opinions, not the networks lol Plus, if that was the case then why did TVD not suffer the same fate?? Again, not saying you're wrong lol I just think there's more to it than that and I know you love Cassie so forgive me for this lol but a lot of viewers, even ones that were fans of hers started to get sick of her and resented the fact that TSC got turned into "The Cassie Show"..But that's Jmho

    i'm with you! TVD is still the best supernatural show for me...and yea i definitely see where you are coming from when you say Williamson kept comparing the two. how awful. shows are not mean to be compared to other shows. shows should be their own. if his sole focus was to compare the two then it's no wonder the show was wrecked. i think we're both correct, these two elements that we pointed out are definitely factors of this CW game(or any network for that matter) and the only ones who paid this price is the show and the actors. i'm still not giving up on this show and you know what...youre right about the Cassie thing. yes i love B. Robertson but i do agree fully that in the latter it became all about her. i hope season 2 fixes this mess. LOL oh look at me with my wishful thinking.


    I completely agree and I don't even think KW even realized he was doing it but he just wanted so much for TSC to be as much of a success as TVD that he was always putting way too much emphasis on connecting the two series rather then making a point of seperating them which is what he really should have been doing all along and the really ironic part of it all is if he hadn't constantly compared the two and been so very public about that comparison, TSC probably would have become just as big of a hit as TVD because it always had that potential, it just never got the chance to grow. I hope they can still find a way to make it happen but it just really goes to show that you have to be very careful with the decisions you make for your story and how dangerous it is to play life and death scenarios so early on in the game. When TVD did it with Vicki, SO many viewers were livid with the execs, especially when they found out why she was killed off and she was just a secondary character so for TSC to kill off a beloved main character only 4 eps into its premiere?? Yeah, that was pure suicide lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [33]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    ^ haha, yeah definitely but you know i never knew that about Vicki. the writers from the get-go wanted her gone? as in they had written her character to die in the early eps of season 1? when they play the death card, they have to take extreme caution. i remember when they killed off Anna, this whole eruption took place in the TVD forum and the same for Jenna. they shouldn't be killing anyone off at this point anymore, i wouldn't mind Tyler because him and the actor bug the living crap out of me lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [34]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    ^ haha, yeah definitely but you know i never knew that about Vicki. the writers from the get-go wanted her gone? as in they had written her character to die in the early eps of season 1? when they play the death card, they have to take extreme caution. i remember when they killed off Anna, this whole eruption took place in the TVD forum and the same for Jenna. they shouldn't be killing anyone off at this point anymore, i wouldn't mind Tyler because him and the actor bug the living crap out of me lol


    Yeah, they said Vicki's death was supposed to trigger some serious growth for Jeremy but I always thought that was a load of crap lol if anything, he grew up after losing Anna. And yeah, they do have to be careful when killing characters off especially fan faves because whenever you do that, you're risking a lot.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [35]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I didnt know Vicki or Anna enough to care about them dying, so I didnt. *shrugs* I do agree that Jeremy grew up more after Anna though. I think Vicki was more of an obsession/lust but Anna he deeply cared for.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [36]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I didnt know Vicki or Anna enough to care about them dying, so I didnt. *shrugs* I do agree that Jeremy grew up more after Anna though. I think Vicki was more of an obsession/lust but Anna he deeply cared for.


    Yeah, I think Vicki was always that highschool crush for Jeremy..You know, the one you kinda fantasize about but you know you'll never really have them or be with them..Vicki was just like an infatuation for Jeremy where as Anna he didn't even like at first but she just kept showing up everywhere like a creepy little stalker and then eventually he grew to really care about her..I think that's why her death affected him more.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [37]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Also, I was never really invested in their deaths the way I would be a main character's like Bonnie or Caroline for example but with Vicki, I was sad at the wasted potential and with Anna, I was more so sad for Jeremy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [38]May 24, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^True. I guess its because 1. Kayle Ewell kind of bugged me and 2. I knew she was going to die anyway since I knew she wasnt on the show long. I figured that her character was basically going to be on long enough to get people to care enough when she dies but not so long that when she DOES die, itd be so traumatic because she is so loved, which is basically how it went I think. Lexis the only one so far who has died that I really had a problem with and she was only on 1 episode so far LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [39]May 24, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^True. I guess its because 1. Kayle Ewell kind of bugged me and 2. I knew she was going to die anyway since I knew she wasnt on the show long. I figured that her character was basically going to be on long enough to get people to care enough when she dies but not so long that when she DOES die, itd be so traumatic because she is so loved, which is basically how it went I think. Lexis the only one so far who has died that I really had a problem with and she was only on 1 episode so far LOL


    LOL Yeah but at least with Lexi even when she's gone she's never really gone because she was such a huge part of Stefan's life that you get to see her in flashbacks and such. She's really good when she comes back in S3
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [40]May 25, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^True, I didnt get to see her comeback in s3 yet.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.